Changing from Econs to PPE Watch

Abagnale
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
We can never be 100% sure that it's where we want to go. And since he has missed his LSE offer, Durham is the only option left, a not too bad option! It's comprehensible coz LSE isn't sth that u can give up that easily, and London life is just as tempting. Yet packing up for ur freshman's yr with the thought of transferring to somewhere else doesn't sound positive. If u still want LSE that much, perhaps taking a gap yr may be a wiser choice as the chance of transferring to LSE is very slim.
Kentish Man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But remember, you can't do PPE at the LSE?

I didn't even apply there. The Careers Adviser at my school said the advantage of LSE over the rest of the top 10 is minimal in terms of employment prospects. If your good enough for the job and you go to Durham, Warwick, York, Bristol or Nottingham - you'll get it.
MasterBlaster
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kentish Man)
Its not that easy to just transfer to LSE or UCL. You'll need a very good reason and you'll probably have to start their course from the beginning. Don't go to Durham if your not 100% sure its where you want to go. You'll regret it.
no, of course i wanna go to durham now, after i missed LSE< its just a little dissapointing for me, since i was convinced ill get in....
and u are right, that some course i wount be able to enter into second year
however those are not the ones i am intrerested in...and i do belive that i will complete the three years...so it was only a suggestion by my parents..and i said that i might consider that...a might does not mean I WILL...
dont worry ill be around at durham for 3 years)))))
MasterBlaster
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Abagnale)
We can never be 100% sure that it's where we want to go. And since he has missed his LSE offer, Durham is the only option left, a not too bad option! It's comprehensible coz LSE isn't sth that u can give up that easily, and London life is just as tempting. Yet packing up for ur freshman's yr with the thought of transferring to somewhere else doesn't sound positive. If u still want LSE that much, perhaps taking a gap yr may be a wiser choice as the chance of transferring to LSE is very slim.
belive me..if u are willing to pay..."extra"...theyll take u)) so that isnt the problem..the question is whether it is beneficial for me to transfer..and i belives it isnt actually..as said i am rather looking at doing a master afte rthe three years at durham!!

and also durham has been really nice in accepting me...so i feel kind of bad..if i tell them i wanna leave next year u know what i mean?!
Abagnale
Rep:
?
(Original post by MasterBlaster)
belive me..if u are willing to pay..."extra"...theyll take u))
How does it happen:eek: ? Can u give me some guidance on that? LSE has lots of $$$, so I don't think they're that desperate. Or may be it has become their "basic instinct":tee:
Rach:)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why is every thread turning into a 'i'm going to durham but i really really want to go to lse thread' ....? :rolleyes: Seriously people, this is the DURHAM forum!
ChrisH2107
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rach:))
Why is every thread turning into a 'i'm going to durham but i really really want to go to lse thread' ....? :rolleyes: Seriously people, this is the DURHAM forum!
Yes, very good point. I only properly realised that Durham was the place for me once I had moved there and settled though....hopefully others will too!
Rach:)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Let's hope so!
MasterBlaster
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Abagnale)
How does it happen:eek: ? Can u give me some guidance on that? LSE has lots of $$$, so I don't think they're that desperate. Or may be it has become their "basic instinct":tee:

Think, why are their so many russian students?? because they are so smart??? m...dont think so...mostly(not all) because they have parents who have a large portmonnait! and i dont really wanna be put in that category, hence i wanted to get in with grades/....but it wasnt to be...so now ill be at durham..and hopefully ill like it))))
Abagnale
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rach:))
Exactly, this is the durham FORUM. Don't u feel glad that ppl have spoken out what they normally would not if they were at Durham Univ? I appreciate it when u dare speak up now, confront the LSE temptation, then choosing to go to Durham upon serious consideration. Certainly, considering "I'm going to Durham but I really really want to go to LSE" is much better than saying "I'm now at Durham but I wish I were at the LSE"
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You'll find extremely few people at Durham who mope around saying "I wish I were at X/Y".
In addition, I might point out that geographers are far more vital to the world than PPEists...(someone needs to colour in)
jasperstory
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Arkbar - although I will always be a geographer at heart (sob sob), I have assured myself that the PPE course has more to do with geography than the geography course.

Was I really going to spend a whole year learning about wave formations? Instead, I get all the good aspects of geography, with none of the bad.

Sounds excellent to me.
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't recall ever learning about wave formations, because waves are ****.
And you also get no modules in geography, you crazy fool.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.72%
No (573)
60.25%
Not really bothered about them (200)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise