Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    aww thats cute! I can't wait to have my own independence! I get along fine with my family, but i think im ready to have a go at the big wide world on my own (well..i guess i wont be totally on my own..its a start though lol!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    Amy didnt you you were on the top floor in your halls? I bet that was annoying, walking up all the stairs after a night out etc..

I cant decide whats best: ground or top..because top means stairs and thats gotta be annoying when unpacking etc. but ground means people can see in?
    Yeah I was on the top floor. Not annoying when have been out, but when carrying shopping up there and taking all my things up and and expecially bringing it all down again along with all the rubbish I had accumulated. I used to think that about the ground floor, but seeing my friends ground floor rooms, I don't think I would mind. I think the middle floor is ideal.

ReputationRep:
    How many people share a kitchen in en-suite halls?

And just out of interest, how many people is it to a bathroom/kitchen in shared?

ReputationRep:
    In ensuite halls it's 8 on a corridor so 8 to a kitchen.

I wasn't in shared so I'm not 100% sure but I think it depends on the halls and corridor. I've heard about 15 people sharing I think.

ReputationRep:
    Cool that sounds good. Has anyone else found out about their accommodation yet? I want to know who's in the same halls as me!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound like it no! You did seem to get yours early! I'd expect almost everyone to know by Friday though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there was a couple more people who got unconditional offers? Or am I imagining that? But like I said before I confirmed my offer in Feb so they knew for sure I was coming so I was first in line perhaps. To be honest I was shocked at how quickly my accommodation stuff arrived-not complaining though!

ReputationRep:
    There were quite a few unconditionals actually yeah. I've no idea how they sort it though, all I know is that it's this week that people usually get the information. I was quite late finding out my peer guide last year, well everyone I knew had theirs and I was getting worried, and it just turned out that my post just came slightly later, which might be the case here, that stuff is sorted, it's just not posted all at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milton)
    How many people share a kitchen in en-suite halls?

And just out of interest, how many people is it to a bathroom/kitchen in shared?
    18 in Emrys - there are 3 toliets, 9 sinks, 2 showers and a bath (usually mingy)

BTW if you in Emrys, the first thing you should do in nab a bottom cupboard in the kitchen...while there are 18 cupboards (plus others under sink) they are slightly bigger...apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Got my accommodation letter thru, and i'll be staying in St Marys, which i'm happy with, only thing is bit too far from gym and upper bangor, anyone know anything else about it, there isnt much info about the halls on internet, is there a computer lab on the site?

ReputationRep:
    Which halls on St Marys?

I don't know that much about it either but I am sure there is a computer lab, there should be one on each halls site.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like St Mary's site doesn't actually have a computer room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    It seems like St Mary's site doesn't actually have a computer room.
    It must have the internet then, I know Bryn Ethin has.

ReputationRep:
    Not all of it does.

ReputationRep:
    Im another St. Marys person

ReputationRep:
    It says on the letter i'm in St Mary's Main in room M-42, there is no internet connection in the rooms, so i really hope there is a computer lab coz i'll be lost without a comp.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, theres no computer rooms at st.marys - its the only site without a computer room. Still has a launderette though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nodmolecan40)
    It says on the letter i'm in St Mary's Main in room M-42, there is no internet connection in the rooms, so i really hope there is a computer lab coz i'll be lost without a comp.
    Nearest Internet would be Dean Street then (opposite Occy)

ReputationRep:
    god, thats miles away, what if i need to complete coursework at night and stuff, don't really wanna be walkin bak 2 halls on me own in the dark

ReputationRep:
    You can have a computer in your room it just won't have net access. So make sure you've got all your information first I guess, or kip over at someone elses with net!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.