Turn on thread page Beta

I'm bored and lonely and I'll be up for another 3 hours watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aeris)
    But look at what rpotter just said! You should enjoy it while you have it because you only get one shot.

:hello: hi!
    I know, that's the problem. I should be enjoying it, but I'm not.

Meh. That's not relevant. How's things on your end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)

So so. I finally figured out how to put up a myspace thingie. It rained a little but the weather is still warm. I'm just waiting for my next audition with theatre.

Overall I can't complain.

ReputationRep:

Hey dude, your AS grades are brilliant, you seem very intelligent, you know what you want to do, how many people do you know at your age that know that and are in such a brilliant position to do it? At this stage 3/4 of my school year were panicking about what to apply for!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Hey dude, your AS grades are brilliant, you seem very intelligent, you know what you want to do, how many people do you know at your age that know that and are in such a brilliant position to do it?
    Hit the nail on the head. A lot of my friends failed or did badly at AS/A2. I almost feel guilty and I certainly feel like I'm taking the piss. Doesn't matter to me that I've done really well if half my friends are now depressed over their results or failing to get into uni. And, hooray, GCSE results day in a few days, and I have a lot of friends who are GCSE candidates too.

But thanks. Suppose I should appreciate what I've got... it's just hard to do so when a lot of my friends are feeling so crap right now.

ReputationRep:
    Hit the nail on the head. A lot of my friends failed or did badly at AS/A2. I almost feel guilty and I certainly feel like I'm taking the piss. Doesn't matter to me that I've done really well if half my friends are now depressed over their results or failing to get into uni. And, hooray, GCSE results day in a few days, and I have a lot of friends who are GCSE candidates too.

But thanks. Suppose I should appreciate what I've got... it's just hard to do so when a lot of my friends are feeling so crap right now.
    Ahhh, I know what you mean, my best friend who I've known since I was 11 missed both his insurance and firm and now has to go through clearing, its really difficult to know what you should be feeling
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Ahhh, I know what you mean, my best friend who I've known since I was 11 missed both his insurance and firm and now has to go through clearing, its really difficult to know what you should be feeling
    I know what I do feel, I feel like my grades are taking the piss out of the DDU one of my friends got.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I do feel, I feel like my grades are taking the piss out of the DDU one of my friends got.
    I was in pretty much exactly the same situation last year with one of my close mates, I was embarrassed about my results because it made me feel that I didn't deserve them because my mate deserved better. You just have to try and support them, things will get better soon, a year on and she reconsidered her options and we can now even joke (in a friendly way) about it. Really hope things turn out for the best, you seem like just the kind of mate this person needs right now
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks.

Anyway, in other news, I can't wait to go back to school! :eek3:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.