sequence123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by estel)
No, that was just marketing propoganda.
What???

Peter Moore announced that there is exclusive download content for the 360, how was it marketing propaganda?
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Exactly. Pretending games like Assassins Creed is PS3 exclusive is marketing propaganda. So is pretending you can pull off a worldwide launch when you can barely get half a million to Japan and the US. There has been no indication whatsoever that the exclusive content claims are not true.
sequence123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakebobby)
Exactly. Pretending games like Assassins Creed is PS3 exclusive is marketing propaganda. So is pretending you can pull off a worldwide launch when you can barely get half a million to Japan and the US. There has been no indication whatsoever that the exclusive content claims are not true.
Well put.

I've got another one, promoting 1080p as a main selling point over the 360 when developers themselves have come out saying that 1080p + decent framerate on the PS3 is nearly impossible.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed, I can think of perhaps 2 1080p PS3 games and one is just GT4 in hi res. And of course, even if you buy the £425, and have one of the very few 1080p TVs in the country, you'll still have to fork out extra for an HDMI cable!
Pete.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But Microsoft also claimed that Pro Evo was a 360 exclusive when in actual fact on Konamis website it stated that it wasn't that very day. Isn't that marketing propaganda in itself?
sequence123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pete.S)
But Microsoft also claimed that Pro Evo was a 360 exclusive when in actual fact on Konamis website it stated that it wasn't that very day. Isn't that marketing propaganda in itself?
It's next-gen 360 exclusive.

Konami have since confirmed that Pro Evo 6 will not come to PS3 or Wii. Same with Fifa 07 too.
Scienceboi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'd have to say xbox 360, simply because it actually exists in the sense that i could go into an electronics retailer(such as dixons) some time in the near future(the near future being anytime before March 2007) and exchange my currency(english pounds) for the games console in question.

ps3 is just a figment of your imaginations.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pete.S)
No, that was idiots not understanding that MS's claim that PES6 is a NEXT GENERATION exclusive means there are still PS2 versions etc.
Jrad
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
ps3 is a definatly numba one for me ive been a hardcore sony fan all my life im not saying the 360 sucks because i have it and it doesnt i just feel that sony makes the best consoles and that the ps3 will be better
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
With logic like that you should work for Sony
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
desktop pc.... all the way, unless im forced to choose between the two, id go for ps3.

Xbox360... elder scrolls, yes... but i have that too in my pc.... halo series, yes, halo2 is set for release this january for desktop... what else??? nothing... ps3... has a lot...

the problem is.. fifa o7 and the other footie games were contracted by ms to just release it for the xbox 360... no footie game for the ps3 too bad =(... oh well, maybe that will change for the 2008 edition.

ps3 on the other hand is overpriced. But i really dont love consoles, however since theyre starting to incorporate entertainment to it... well, saves me te penny of buying an entertainment system.

but i think, the games that ps3 have are far far better than what 360 has.. but because of the long delays (almost a year off one another), the supposedly expensive ps3, and etc etc... i think theyre starting to change allegiance... in the long term if this goes on i think xbox360 will own.

plus sony head is saying they have lower hardware sales.. is this the end? i guess not.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Logan)
Xbox360... elder scrolls, yes... but i have that too in my pc.... halo series, yes, halo2 is set for release this january for desktop... what else??? nothing... ps3... has a lot...
Sorry, but that is absolute rubbish. There are many more games announced, let alone already out on 360 than PS3, and they fall into all genres made by all sorts of developers. Just because you recognise franchises like FF and Tekken doesn't mean there are loads of other games you don't know about. Naming the two top selling franchises out of hundreds is silly
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is there any point in getting either consoles while you're at university?
Jrad
Report 12 years ago
With logic like that you should work for Sony
is that supposed to be an insult or something
its not like im dising the 360 im just saying i think the ps3 will be better but the 360 still puts up a good fight.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No I just think it is funny logic to say that the PS3 will be better because Sony make good consoles. First it doesn't follow that because something has been the case it will always be the case. Second there have only been 2 Sony consoles so that isn't even enough to make a correlation for prediction. And third, I'm baffled to how PS2 was supposedly a good console, it was bad for developers and consumers - the fact it sold millions is unconnected
Jrad
Report 12 years ago
what i meant by good consoles was that both the ps1 and ps2 (at least for me)) have out lived there own life span i still have my ps1 and it still works with no problems also rember when xbox and the 360 came out how many bugs had, so your gonna tell that microsoft makes the better console when there systems have had thrice the amount of bugs and glitches the ps2/ps1 have had.
Mr @
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
360 yo'
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And third, I'm baffled to how PS2 was supposedly a good console
*shrug*
Imo it was a good console because it had some good games I like. Ico, SOTC, MGS2/3.
Sure, these games may have existed on another console were it not for PS, but Sony and the original playstation did great things for the industry as a whole when the Playstation really became a social icon and permeated international culture to such a degree.
jakatak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Is there any point in getting either consoles while you're at university?
hey thats what i was wondering..
itll probably good to chill with ure mates but ideally u wanna be out n about rather than stuck in ure halls glued to a tele...

if i ever get one itll be 360 for faaaaaaar better value for money.. plus its not exactly going to be lacking in quality games.. pro evo is enough anyway
sequence123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Loads of people had consoles when I was in halls. Games like Halo/Pro Evo were popular.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
26.98%
No (460)
73.02%

Watched Threads