Oak House Watch

This discussion is closed.
[Napoletana]
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey Alex. I rang them up like last week and they said that all the courts have internet connection. i believe we'll have to bring one of those ethernet contraptions in order to recieve it. We can help each other out when we get there...me and computers just do NOT get along. While everyone's living it up in Fresher's week, I'll have no doubt electricuted myself in the process of plugging my lap top in..

x
Shéamais
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
All you need is a simple ethernet cable:

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...al&sa=N&tab=wf

Hope that helps.
[Napoletana]
Report 12 years ago
Thanks sweets

xo.
Alex_18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thx. Its the first thing ill buy.
he-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is it true that in order to connect to the halls network, a ethernet card is required. i cant install one in mine, my pc wont allow me to upgrade. therefore is it possible to use a usb port for internet?

plz help
Shéamais
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by he-man)
is it true that in order to connect to the halls network, a ethernet card is required. i cant install one in mine, my pc wont allow me to upgrade. therefore is it possible to use a usb port for internet?

plz help
see your other thread.
spooksthehorse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found this review about Oak House: http://www.reviewcentre.com/review208981.html
It has good and bad points about the place from a second year student. A little insight at least
bexsyg
Report 12 years ago
another one for chestnut court! i'm in 3.34.255 so i guess im next to you rachipooz! i'm not sure when to move in cos i dont want to get there and be all alone but i dont want 2 miss stuff either. when's everyone else moving in?
kiwi_h
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by thedaddy)
I just got my confirmation today, im in Sycamore Court SY.G.05.034 - I think that means flat 5, it would be very strange if it was flat 34 because I have a mate who lived in that flat last year and it wasnt kept in very good condition...
welcome to my flat from last year i was in room 35 myself.
Woodsie
Report 12 years ago
Lo kids, I'm in Holly Court, flat 12, and my matey StevieWonder is at Chestnut, flat 31. You may know him already. Also, him be'ind me is at Maple. We're all from Luton.

We're coming up on the 14th, and PARTY AT STEVE'S FLAT WOO MENTAL LOCO LOCO LOCO WOOOOOOOOO et cetera.
beckyg
Report 12 years ago
haha the etcetera was well my favourite part of that post.
KatieC_123
Report 12 years ago
is every1 movin in2 oak house on the 14th?? i aint decided the 14th or the 16th?? dont want 2 miss any gud parties!!
bexsyg
Report 12 years ago
i'm coming on the 15th cos i couldnt decide either! x
Kiteo
Report 12 years ago
16th for me... 2 extra days at home where I won't have to buy my own food
bexsyg
Report 12 years ago
good point although my mam's said that she's considering sending actual sainsburys vouchers for me as she doesn't believe her hard earned cash would go on food, and not alcohol (and lets face it she's right) so the food situ should be ok for me

so if you need a spare loaf of bread when we're down there kiteo you know who to call on. and then thank my mam haha.
KatieC_123
Report 12 years ago
just buy ur alcohol from sainsburys lool... haha im spending min money on food not far for me 2 go home if i get hungry!!
JennyJ
Report 12 years ago
hey, kt88 and Steviewonder, looks like i'll be joinin u in the same flat in a couple of weeks time! woo! can't wait! These next 2 weeks are gona draaaaaag so badly!
Kiteo
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bexsyg)
good point although my mam's said that she's considering sending actual sainsburys vouchers for me as she doesn't believe her hard earned cash would go on food, and not alcohol (and lets face it she's right) so the food situ should be ok for me

so if you need a spare loaf of bread when we're down there kiteo you know who to call on. and then thank my mam haha.
Woohoo, free food already, will hold you to that!

And yeh, as KatieC said, sainsburys do have their share of beer/wine selections
KatieC_123
Report 12 years ago
yea so spend your food vouchers on beer and wine and some of sainsburys fine bread... what more can a student ask for?? lol
Kiteo
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KatieC_123)
... what more can a student ask for?? lol
Sangria!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads