Whitworth Park!! Watch

Mkali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, and here as well

http://www.whitworthpark.com/images/MAP.jpg

Okay, actual question now. Any old Whitworther's or Thorncliffers or whatever, does anyone know how well the Freeview reception is in those particular halls? As there's going to be no exterior aerial, I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money by using a TV usb stick when the reception will be bad whatever.
wirbelsturm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mkali)
I wish ^_^ but I only discovered how to break the code after a-lo-oht of searching and a current Whitworther coming to the rescue
well whitworth sounds like the place to be. quite amusing how supposedly intelligent people like ourselves get confused and start runnng round the room in circles when confronted with what at first seems to be a relatively uncomplicated series of letters numbers and dots. glad it wasnt in any of the alevels, i certainly would not get an alevel in common sense, not a clue.
Sarritichi
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mkali)
Okay, actual question now. Any old Whitworther's or Thorncliffers or whatever, does anyone know how well the Freeview reception is in those particular halls? As there's going to be no exterior aerial, I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money by using a TV usb stick when the reception will be bad whatever.
Hmm, in Garstang at least, when it rained we couldn't get E4. E4+1 was fine though :P Overall pretty good though, I think.
tafadzwa
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wirbelsturm)
well whitworth sounds like the place to be. quite amusing how supposedly intelligent people like ourselves get confused and start runnng round the room in circles when confronted with what at first seems to be a relatively uncomplicated series of letters numbers and dots. glad it wasnt in any of the alevels, i certainly would not get an alevel in common sense, not a clue.
lol dats well funny, if dat was in my A'level i did be resitin dem now. its confusing at first but once it has been expounded it makes very much common sense, but as der say common sense is no longer common these dayz
Lunchface
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by he-man)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...10815&t=k&om=0

google map of withworth park halls, enjoy
um not quite, whitworth park address is M13 9NG, for some reason google likes to default the map to m14 5rr, best to just type in m13 9ng and you get it with a lovely arrow pointing itself over thorncliffe

tv reception is kinda different where you go, every common/living room has a proper ariel port tho, so they're good ( altho you need a tv and an ariel cable!! whitworth dont provide that ) ...of the places ive been folks tvs had great reception, some had lots of static, and thats because the rooms i went into had no ariel port, which i think is common, so you need your own antenna, and a license of course ( hmmmm ), i really dont want to say anything set in stone, because i didnt go into every hall and ever room and inspect each one!
..hmmm..
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
anyone guna be at Aberdeen Housee???
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for the TV reception help guys, I think I'm going to go ahead an get one anyway and if worst comes to worst I can always move out into the common room/living area and just watch my special shows then hehe.

But yar, I'll be bringing my own aerial for sure...and of course, a TV license *cough* hehe I think I'd rather pay for it than risk the fine
jimi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmm i was thinkin of doing that then thought against just be bothered with payin for tv liscence, and my other friends who are at uni sed id hardly actually use it
wirbelsturm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jimi)
hmm i was thinkin of doing that then thought against just be bothered with payin for tv liscence, and my other friends who are at uni sed id hardly actually use it
same here, i dont see the point in taking a tv as i dont think i would have time to watch it, but if you require one for your "special programmes" i cant really argue with that, lmao!!!!!!!!!
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wirbelsturm)
same here, i dont see the point in taking a tv as i dont think i would have time to watch it, but if you require one for your "special programmes" i cant really argue with that, lmao!!!!!!!!!
Oh yessy, I don't watch TV much but I couldn't live knowing I was missing Lost or CSI or one or two others ^_^ but I'm not much for random tv watching.

It should be fun though to find other CSI/Lost/Prison Break and such fans, at Nottingham in my sister's old hall, in their union they had a big TV with sky and when I went to visit there were about 25 of them watching 24 in the dark, eating popcorn *giggles*
Shéamais
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
CSI/Lost/Prison Break

My three most downloaded programs. Just seen the first episode of prison series 2, excellent.
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Danger's_my_middle_name)
CSI/Lost/Prison Break

My three most downloaded programs. Just seen the first episode of prison series 2, excellent.

*puts hands over ears and starts humming* I haven't seen the end of season 1 yet, it was on while I was away and doing exams so I'm watching the repeats and then my sister's boyfriend is going to download the series as it goes so me and my mum can watch it when I get back from uni *g* so sad I am *giggles* I know what happens in the end though and the promos for season 2 look amazing.

CSI, well, I only have to worry about Vegas because I can't watch the other two and Lost...well Lost ^_^ hehe
Shéamais
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mkali)

*puts hands over ears and starts humming* I haven't seen the end of season 1 yet, it was on while I was away and doing exams so I'm watching the repeats and then my sister's boyfriend is going to download the series as it goes so me and my mum can watch it when I get back from uni *g* so sad I am *giggles* I know what happens in the end though and the promos for season 2 look amazing.

CSI, well, I only have to worry about Vegas because I can't watch the other two and Lost...well Lost ^_^ hehe
Lost series 2 final episode was a bit of an anti climax.
wirbelsturm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
now i understand the origin of the code-crackers genious.
lady-flash
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
where do you pick up your keys on the 14th?
Maz-28
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ..hmmm..)
anyone guna be at Aberdeen Housee???
I'm at Aberdeen house, flat 17 i think (we all kno about the confusing numbers)
..hmmm..
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep im in aberdeen house too...02. (2nd floor) 21.164 :p:
Maz-28
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ..hmmm..)
yep im in aberdeen house too...02. (2nd floor) 21.164 :p:
oooo is that what the first number means, then im on first floor, ur flat is above mine. i think ur the only other person ive seen living there so far :p:
..hmmm..
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yea.. first i thought it meant ground foor and started panicking..cuz thats what i heard. i emailed the accommodation office askin them and then they replied.. where bouts u movin from?
Maz-28
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah i didnt really want groundfloor (watch i still will be) more likely to get robbed =\ i'm moving from Chester so not far really, bout an hour away. which day you planning on moving in? a lot of people seem to be going on the 14th but i thought it seemed a bit early plus its midweek so think im gunna go on sat 16th.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (54)
75%
Leave (18)
25%

Watched Threads