Turn on thread page Beta

The "Why Aren't They Really Famous?" thread watch

(Original post by NSiky)
    Sigur Ros. They have so much more talent than most of the crap out there today. It's like, how the hell do the Pussycat Dolls make millions while these guysare relatively unheard of?
    If you'd said that in 2000 then yeah, I'd agree. To an extent. But in the past couple of years their music has been played on Radio 1 during the day and used on so many adverts. Their fanbase is huge now. Just take a look at their messageboard... in the space of a few months they'd managed to get more new members than the number of original members put together. They're not as huge as The Pussycat Dolls, no, but to say that they're relatively unheard of is a bit... strange.

ReputationRep:
    *Delighted* Am slowly but surely falling in love with Sufjan Stevens. His lyrics are fantastic.

Speaking of fantastic, has anyone heard of Devendra Banhart? He's a GENIUS! His music is as funny and vibrant as it gets, I urge you to checketh him outeth!

He looks like this:

Interesting, non?

Check out the his latest album on http://www.cripplecrow.com/ (might I recommend 'I feel just like a child' as a bombastic starting point )

ReputationRep:
    I just loved his version of Halellujah - amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Basilisk)
    I just loved his version of Halellujah - amazing!
    Good girl. *Pats your head*

Er... you were talking about Rufus, weren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Ralph McTell

ReputationRep:
    UFO are criminally underrated.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know Joanna Newsom? She's got a wonderful song called "The book of right-on". She plays the harp.

ReputationRep:
    the beautiful south

ReputationRep:
    the beautiful south are fantastic

ReputationRep:
    they are indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara_b)
    the beautiful south
    They are amazing...

Ain't heard a song from them for ages.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...off the top of my head, Bonnie McKee and Sarah Whatmore - they were/are two very underated popstars

ReputationRep:
    Ain't heard a song from them for ages.
    Their latest release was 'Manchester' which was about 2 or 3 months ago. They also have a new album out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara_b)
    Their latest release was 'Manchester' which was about 2 or 3 months ago. They also have a new album out
    Wasn't very well advertised then, unless ive been living in a cave. Ive not seen any of them advertised

ReputationRep:
    BE BOP DELUXE!
    there must be someone out there? I've made a thread about them too.

how can this abnd from the 70s go so unnoticed...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.