Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh dear... someone will have to help me with teh hair thing. i dont have a fringe so that could be a problem considering the 50s thing... and i refuse to get one.

ReputationRep:
    looks like everyone is really preparing for this event....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SplidgeSplodge)
    oh dear... someone will have to help me with teh hair thing. i dont have a fringe so that could be a problem considering the 50s thing... and i refuse to get one.
    I think I'm gonna need help with my hair too...but that's just cos I'm bad with hair generally :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    as with the housework side of things...we can all help each other out

ReputationRep:
    I luckily have just been a bridesmaid and am planning of wearing that dress, which i suppose is kinda 50s ish but not really, to be honest, i dont have the money to buy anything new. I reckon it's the event set up and the people that you're with that matter, probably won't matter what you wear that much aslong as is formal (at least that's what im hoping!). I'm sure we'll all have a wicked time anyway!

ReputationRep:
    yeah true, we're all meant to be poor students anyway, i don't think people will go out of their way especially to buy a 50s style dress. just make do with what you have, & maybe try to wear 50s shoes/accessories so you look a little more 50sish.

ReputationRep:
    I like your thinking. I dont think ill end up in 50s gear anyway. I'll probably do what i always do... go to the most formal event in jeans. Comfy i went to the leavers ball in my jeans... i can damn well go to this in them too.

ReputationRep:
    fairygirl, you love them shoes! actually i have some really cute pairs...we should compare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to think my dress is more 60s than 50s. Oh well, I can't afford a new one so it will have to do. There is always accessories to take it back 10 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellz)
    I'm beginning to think my dress is more 60s than 50s. Oh well, I can't afford a new one so it will have to do. There is always accessories to take it back 10 years
    or you could just be ahead of your time!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! thats a good one :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annagruber)
    fairygirl, you love them shoes! actually i have some really cute pairs...we should compare.
    good idea.

ReputationRep:
    what are 50's style shoes?? are they the peep toe heels? x

ReputationRep:
    Are braces 50's?

ReputationRep:
    I think they might be...Buddy holly wore braces, need i say more? Braces are always cool, i think they should make a comeback!

ReputationRep:
    No they shouldnt!

ReputationRep:
    No? All a matter of opinion, still im sure they're 50s so could work for the ball!

ReputationRep:
    they should on certain people...chris, wear them with skinny jeans and a quiff. and big glasses.

it would be cool.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god i hadn't even considered hair...however much i love to be good im rubbish! Hopefully my spotty black and white dress will be okayu tho!

ReputationRep:
    OT but from your sig Tiffini....I love jaffa cakes too

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.