Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    So does every woman aim to do what my mum did with her life? Do you want to do this with your life?
    No. Obviously it would be a bonus if the man I end up marrying is wealthy, but I don't plan on using my looks to charm rich men. I'd rather make my own living so I can live my life the way I want, while waiting to meet the right man.

ReputationRep:
    Can she provide a better life than her parents did for her?

Yes, so well done her. A bit of a selfish ***** but she took advantage of the opportunities presented to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    But then how many relationships make people perfectly happy? Life is never just unicorns and rainbows The important bit is the relationship makes you net happy. What if someone else would increase that net happiness?*

Don't say that! :eek:

I might think about things to much. I would rather say I like to think about the morals behind stuff, often stuff that will never or doesn't effect me.

*riku moment there perhaps
    Mine?
    Like I couldn't think of many ways to improve it other than dumb petty things :\
    Same goes for my last long relationship as well except he changed dramatically upon starting uno so that changed.

Total Riku moment

Stop it,it won't happen to you, seriously its not difficult to date someone who isn't bothered about money.

Whatever you do, don't eat granola.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pussy Galore)
    Not those over 30
    Know many women over 30 do you?

ReputationRep:
    As Kanye west once said.

Now, it would be frivolous for me to imply that the female in question takes advantage of gentlemen with a generous capital worth. However, I must bring to attention the fact that she seemingly will not accept courtship from those with an income of modest proportions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Know many women over 30 do you?
    I know they get ugly and **** and have saggy tits

ReputationRep:
    Mine?
    Like I couldn't think of many ways to improve it other than dumb petty things :\
    Same goes for my last long relationship as well except he changed dramatically upon starting uno so that changed.

Total Riku moment

Stop it,it won't happen to you, seriously its not difficult to date someone who isn't bothered about money.

Whatever you do, don't eat granola.
    Ye I know now everyone isn't obsessed with mega money. I just overly worry about everything :/

I will stop now before the ghost of Riku engulfs me

ReputationRep:
    Ye I know now everyone isn't obsessed with mega money. I just overly worry about everything :/

I will stop now before the ghost of Riku engulfs me
    That's how he started! Don't do it! Don't touch the granola!

If it helps at least you can earn money, for a woman she peaks at about 25 and that's is, the chances of getting a bloke after that fall dramatically and there's very little she can do

ReputationRep:
    That's how he started! Don't do it! Don't touch the granola!

If it helps at least you can earn money, for a woman she peaks at about 25 and that's is, the chances of getting a bloke after that fall dramatically and there's very little she can do
    Which is when I step in

I think I'm top bone idle to make lots of dosh.

ReputationRep:
    Which is when I step in

I think I'm top bone idle to make lots of dosh.
    You'll be fine, don't get hung up on the **** these guys come out with, most women are just normal people and not particularly money driven.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingislosing)
    I did ask kindly if you saw my quote. Don't know how you've taken offence at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't take offence, I just found it presumptuous!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do with gender IMHO, there's both ****ty men and women out there, Women who dump a guy for a rich one and rich old guys who trade in their wives for a younger model, OP duno why you're making threads about your mum didn't she give you any pocket money?

ReputationRep:
    Yes she is.

ReputationRep:
    No. But you are, for posting this.

ReputationRep:
    What's your opinion? Sure, I love being comfortably rich but when I see other women working for a mortgage and such, I feel quite saddened.
    She, in a sense, worked for her money. She slept with and bore the children of a less-than-attractive old man. So she used her looks to get ahead in life, and now she is providing for you and you have a good life because of her sacrifices.

If she didn't have super-intellectual assets, say she wasn't an Oxbridge scholar, do you really blame her for using the assets she did have? That sounds smart to me. And it has benefited you. So don't freak out about it, okay?

Some people are criticising you for posting on here, it's anonymous so I'm not too exercised about it. But do treat her and speak of her with respect, she's ya Mum and she's done the best she can to bring you up and give you a decent life.

ReputationRep:
    So does every woman aim to do what my mum did with her life?
    Women who don't have other options often do. You have to put it into the context of your Mum's life (she was born into poverty), the financial security provided by the old farmer must have seemed like a very sensible bet. And maybe she actually liked him?

Do you want to do this with your life? I don't get this type of thinking by women.... When I bring this up for conversation with my mum, she tries to change the topic like it's a big mystery or something forbidden...?
    Don't be tough on her. If she had middle-class opportunities and a university education, she would have made different choices. But she didn't, so she made other choices. Choices that have benefited you personally. Don't be harsh on her, don't be an ungrateful son

ReputationRep:
    You will due something when she dies you can't be written out the will in Scotland. ~Not sure in England.

Find out. If you can get your hands on some of this money/property be a good lad! :rolleyes:

But being inside a relationship and buggering off with somebody else sounds trollip material! Not very committed! I would be thinking if she done it to that guy it sums the character !

I am more keen for you to protect your potential legal rights re passage of money/goods!

ReputationRep:
    in my opinion if she married him for his money and to avoid doing work then she's obviously a do-nothing leach
    but if she genuinely married him because she loved him over your original father, then I guess I can't say that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.