Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by napsy)
    Hah was thinking exactly the same!!
    Lol I would want to use laptop I think... fairly fast at typing and my handwriting is so messy when writing down notes I get put off re-reading them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzannataylor)
    People do both. I like to make notes on paper because I find it easier to draw diagrams and add things on or whatever
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess that's an advantage when using paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great advice. Will be sure to take them on once I start in October

ReputationRep:
    I really regret not doing a study abroad year, and generally using the uni summers to travel more as I could have got a few more trips in quite easily.

That brings me to my second thing, the reason why I didn't travel more, because I was in a relationship, such an error! Don't get into relationships at uni, for God's sake. They're such a distraction, and usually not a positive one.

And I needn't have spent so much time worrying about everything, because things have a habit of working out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9510)
    I can barely skate and 100% am going to join the Ice Hockey Team the second I can and I don't care how long it takes me I will play for them.

I don't know a soul starting with me or doing my course at Uni, so I'll be going on my own as well.
    Same for me, whatever the Ice Hockey team say, I'll be ice hocking :P
    In which uni are you going ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by napsy)
    Hah was thinking exactly the same!!
    Can someone holla when you find out ahahahaha im havig a nightmare trying to figure out how many folders to buy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Can someone holla when you find out ahahahaha im havig a nightmare trying to figure out how many folders to buy!
    In terms of folders, I think you're better off going with quite a few if you can (although it depends on what course you're doing and how much writing there is). I went with 3 and I'd filled 10 by the end of the year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    In terms of folders, I think you're better off going with quite a few if you can (although it depends on what course you're doing and how much writing there is). I went with 3 and I'd filled 10 by the end of the year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What course did u do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alotties)
    Just finished my first year so if I could go back i'd tell myself these things:
    - Pull as many guys as you wish in the first month, else you'll never end up with the confidence to speak to your now boyfriend of 8 months.
    - Don't spend all of your student loan in the first month and a half... you won't be out of your overdraft again for the rest of the year.
    - Do go out whenever you want, you met the majority of your closest friends while wasted (but confident).
    - Do try and take part more in the societies you join... they always end up being your favourite days of the year.
    - Do concentrate more in lectures... the lectures are actually there to help.

I feel my 1st year experience was a bit different from the typical TSR experience so I thought I'd share my advice to myself (and these are specifically aimed at me).
    "Sluts" , you the real MVP

ReputationRep:
    Love this thread! Would joining 2 societies be a good idea for someone like me who's doing dentistry, so will have a LOT of studying to do, or is 2 too many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)

That brings me to my second thing, the reason why I didn't travel more, because I was in a relationship, such an error! Don't get into relationships at uni, for God's sake. They're such a distraction, and usually not a positive one.
    Is it really that bad of an idea to get into relationships at uni ? I know of people who met their wives / husbands etc at uni ,I can see why it might jeopardize your grades and one of the most important parts of your life , but I always thought Uni was like the last opportunity you get to mix with tons of people at once , the place your most likely to find your OH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjj22)
    What course did u do?
    I do Education which involves quite a bit of writing, obviously you won't need that many if you do a course where you're not gonna file as much!

ReputationRep:
    I start Uni next year (just left year 12) and I've never been more excited, this thread is amazing and so helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Is it really that bad of an idea to get into relationships at uni ? I know of people who met their wives / husbands etc at uni ,I can see why it might jeopardize your grades and one of the most important parts of your life , but I always thought Uni was like the last opportunity you get to mix with tons of people at once , the place your most likely to find your OH.
    I was thinking this. I think it depends what kind of person you are. As long as you're not one of these people who lets their boyfriend/girlfriend become their whole life, you'll be fine. You shouldn't spend all your time with your other half, just like you shouldn't spend it all going out with friends partying, playing a sports or participating in society stuff. It's just about time management. During exam season or when you've got a deadline nearing, prioritise your degree over anything else.

ReputationRep:
    - Join more societies
    - Push yourself out of your comfort zone more
    - Get drunk more
    - Break up with your bf
    - Figure out how to write uni essays quicker
    - Go on that trip

ReputationRep:
    Dont get into the habit of skipping lectures/classes. You may think it'll be alright if you just skip one or two, but more often than not, you end up falling into a downward spiral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    I do Education which involves quite a bit of writing, obviously you won't need that many if you do a course where you're not gonna file as much!
    Ohhhh i see, fair enough. thanks Think i'll need a fair amount though considering i hole punch everything to keep it organised hahah

ReputationRep:
    After you've completed this first year drop out and change to something more vocational. You'll regret it when you graduate if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gofmane)
    Same for me, whatever the Ice Hockey team say, I'll be ice hocking :P
    In which uni are you going ?
    University of Kent mate, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    After you've completed this first year drop out and change to something more vocational. You'll regret it when you graduate if you don't.

What did you study at uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.