Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogwithwings)
    Manchester United have a better squad than Liverpool and if not, certainly will at the end of the transfer window.

We'll also have a squad on par with chelsea or slightly below if we get our signings

Goalkeepers: if it's between de Gea and courtois then it's equal. There are parts of both players games that are better than the other. Cech on the other hand isn't as good, shot stopping, distribution and commanding of the box were very poor from Cech. Schwarzer or Lindegaard, the latter

Centre backs, clearly chelsea

Full backs. You have a left back who's actually a right back, even though he's very good. Shaw will be better next season if that remains, or if you put Bertrand there. Rafael was poor by his standards last season however before that he was a lot better than Ivanovic and will continue to get better whilst ivanovic will get worse (and would you guys really want him there?)

Central midfield. Herrera helps but Chelsea. If we get Vidal though then it'll be equal.

Wingers. Without hazard you're pretty rubbish to be honest. Salah and Willian are nothing players. But we're terrible so Chelsea. We get two good ones though like depay and cuadrado then us.

CAM. We have your best player and Oscar was rubbish for most of the season.

Strikers: Manchester United.
    Courtois is better than De Gea without a doubt, hes rated as one of the best keepers in the world at his age, De Gea has not recieved such praise, hes a good keeper and did save Man United several times last season but he is not better/equal to Courtois

We had the best defence last season therefore our full backs and centre backs win, if you say ivanovic is not better than rafael at the moment then you're lying, besides felipe luis seems a done deal and should be done by end of summer so azi will go back to RB and we will still have the best defence, and what makes you think shaw will be better next season? He could do worse

Central mid we win, With Matic and Fabregas (most likely playing that role with Matic playing the deeper role allowing Fabregas to push forward) Hazard Oscar Willian (with Salah and Schurrle) ill take that midfield over Man U anyday, Besides from Mata and probably Kagawa (not sure about him considering he did have a really bad world cup and has not been in form for a long time) no other player in your midfield will make our squad, Salah and Willian are definetly not "nothing players" Both pacey, direct and work hard, Oscar was not rubbish for "most of the season" but only towards the end due to him being on the bench for most of it, was most likely saving himself for the World Cup and besides from Neymar he has been Brazils best player yet Mata was invisible during ManUnited's big games only really shined against the lesser teams such as norwich

Forwards you guys win but we did buy Costa and hes a 50/50 gamble, one things for certain about him he will frighten defences, and with all the chances our midfield created last season (now with Fabregas included, possibly more chances and goals due to his record) Costa is bound to score with chance after chance being created for him, he did have a bad world cup but he doesnt suit spains style of play, athletico are similar to chelsea therefore chelsea style of play will suit him plus he was holding a injury during the WC, on top of that hes mourinho's type of striker, fast strong and direct, he will definetly bring the best out of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    And? It's pretty much certain that he's moving to barca so there was nothing wrong with including him.
    You included a Liverpool player in Barcelona's squad.

As usual the best players in the world flock to Spain
    Diego Costa & Cesc Fabregas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You included a Liverpool player in Barcelona's squad.

Diego Costa & Cesc Fabregas?
    I'm comparing teams by who's going to be playing during the season. You know, the only thing that actually matters?

And you think fabregas and Costa are some of the best in the world? :lol: fabregas has been sub par at Barcelona the last couple of seasons and Costa is not on the same level as suarez

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're totally right. Silly barcelona, getting rid of a player to replace him with one who according to you, is pretty much the same :lol: stick to watching the mainstream premier league games kid
    He wanted to leave. Also he wasn't working in their system, so they're trying someone else there. Rakitic might not work either, we'll see.

Not only are you a hipster, you're also jumping straight on the bandwagon. You seriously think Rakitic is significantly better than Fabregas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    He wanted to leave. Also he wasn't working in their system, so they're trying someone else there. Rakitic might not work either, we'll see.

Not only are you a hipster, you're also jumping straight on the bandwagon. You seriously think Rakitic is significantly better than Fabregas?
    Where did I say rakitic is better than fabregas? I simply believe that Barcelona have the potential to be better with him as a replacement seeing as fabregas wasn't working out. Pretty simple really

ReputationRep:
    Where did I say rakitic is better than fabregas? I simply believe that Barcelona have the potential to be better with him as a replacement seeing as fabregas wasn't working out. Pretty simple really
    You sarcastically said that they're about the same, clearly implying that you think Rakitic is better.

ReputationRep:
    You sarcastically said that they're about the same, clearly implying that you think Rakitic is better.
    The potential to be better. I said it sarcastically because you said there wouldn't be much change. I disagree

ReputationRep:
    People still think Madrid when barca have recently got ter Stegen, rakitic and will get suarez? Strange.
    That's not really that great personally. Firstly does Suarez even improve Barcelona. Last time they got a natural no.9 they didn't even utilise him correctly(Ibrahimovich) or with Villa, who had a good first season and has been average ever since.

Madrid are a top quality DM away from dominating. Every single position(bar CF as Messi is there) Madrid have a player equal or of better quality to Barca's counterpart.

Also their midfield and their attack has never been an issue for Barca, it's been their defence. That's still not been sorted out.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at someone suggesting that United's squad have the potential to be better than Chelseas.

Defence is clearly better, Courtois is the better keeper(bar distribution). The fullback points well they probably are better. Midfield in every position we trump Manchester United. Only player they have worthwhile is Mata there.

Strikers well Costa and RVP are equal on the basis of the past season or two while Rooney is obviously a better player than Lukaku at this moment in time.

Chelsea have a better squad than United as well. If you were to look at our bench we **** on United's. United ain't even a top 8 team :lol:

If we were to also look at first team. Likelyhood is that Chelsea will play 4-3-3 with Matic, Fabregas, Oscar as the 3 in midfield, Willian, Costa and Willian as the three forwards. That's better than any combination that United can put up in midfield. Vidal talk is nonsense too. I can guarantee 100% that he's either going to Madrid or he's going nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Lol at someone suggesting that United's squad have the potential to be better than Chelseas.

Defence is clearly better, Courtois is the better keeper(bar distribution). The fullback points well they probably are better. Midfield in every position we trump Manchester United. Only player they have worthwhile is Mata there.

Strikers well Costa and RVP are equal on the basis of the past season or two while Rooney is obviously a better player than Lukaku at this moment in time.

Chelsea have a better squad than United as well. If you were to look at our bench we **** on United's. United ain't even a top 8 team :lol:

If we were to also look at first team. Likelyhood is that Chelsea will play 4-3-3 with Matic, Fabregas, Oscar as the 3 in midfield, Willian, Costa and Willian as the three forwards. That's better than any combination that United can put up in midfield. Vidal talk is nonsense too. I can guarantee 100% that he's either going to Madrid or he's going nowhere.
    The other day you were saying United have more chance of the title than Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    The other day you were saying United have more chance of the title than Chelsea?
    When a team has to work overtime, the quality of their work drops compared to the team who has more days off.

That's why United have a bigger shot at the title. I was going to make a longer post but then I'll have people *****ing about me telling it like it is. It's a shame.

ReputationRep:
    When a team has to work overtime, the quality of their work drops compared to the team who has more days off.

That's why United have a bigger shot at the title. I was going to make a longer post but then I'll have people *****ing about me telling it like it is. It's a shame.
    Fair enough. But you said the same for Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. But you said the same for Liverpool?
    They won't be having any overtime work after Christmas. Point still stands.

Plus they have the best setup to win a league title. They can dispose of the dross by outscoring them and the top teams are pretty **** defensively bar one.

ReputationRep:
    They won't be having any overtime work after Christmas. Point still stands.

Plus they have the best setup to win a league title. They can dispose of the dross by outscoring them and the top teams are pretty **** defensively bar one.
    Lol true.

I'm not sure they can without Suarez. Look how they did when he was banned last season: 5 goals in 5 games. Then he came back and they got 12 in 4.

ReputationRep:
    Lol true.

I'm not sure they can without Suarez. Look how they did when he was banned last season: 5 goals in 5 games. Then he came back and they got 12 in 4.
    They also were solid defensively and had 3 clean sheets in a row.

They decided to adopt a more attacking style than sit deep, play 4-4-1-1 and hit on the break like they did early on because Suarez was in great form with Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    They also were solid defensively and had 3 clean sheets in a row.

They decided to adopt a more attacking style than sit deep, play 4-4-1-1 and hit on the break like they did early on because Suarez was in great form with Sturridge.
    Will they not do the same thing when/if they don't have him next season?

ReputationRep:
    Will they not do the same thing when/if they don't have him next season?
    Depends on who they replace him with. I don't think they will as they prefer 3 man midfields and Sterling has come to his own. They've also got Lallana for creativity and possibly Sanchez so that's sufficient depth to cover their attacking style.

ReputationRep:
    I'm comparing teams by who's going to be playing during the season. You know, the only thing that actually matters?

And you think fabregas and Costa are some of the best in the world? :lol: fabregas has been sub par at Barcelona the last couple of seasons and Costa is not on the same level as suarez
    Costa has been the best CF in la liga this season

Fabregas is one of the best midfielders in the world. Same way yaya toure who got let to by barca is. Same way who robben who got let go by real is one of the best players in the world.

Barca haven't strengthened yet ter stegen for valdes, rakitic for fabregas hardly a stronger squad is it :-)

Suarez plays for Liverpool btw incase you forgot
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    CURRENTLY (meaning with Suarez at Liverpool, I'd go with):

1. Bayern Munich
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Barcelona
    4. Man City
    5. PSG
    6. Chelsea
    7. Borussia Dortmund
    8. Liverpool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    - We both have fantastic strikers. Although Suarez appears to be on his way out.
    You can't seriously compare a strikeforce which scored 29 goals last campaign to one which scored 50+? Yeah, RVP and Rooney are technically 'fantastic' but you have to compensate for their form. Liverpool's attack was infinitely stronger than United's last season. In fact, it was the best attack in Europe for large chunks of the year.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.