Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody here vape? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    What else do you want to do with it? Huff it?
    That sounds dangerous.

Butane is a pretty good solvent for extracting chemicals from plant material because it is odourless, easily available and evaporates extremely quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I want to start a Vaping Society on here seeing as we don't have one yet, and despite my years of activity on here I still don't know how to start a Society

However, before such a venture is made it'll be worth seeing if anyone on here actually does vape otherwise it'll just be me all on me tod.

FYI, I'm referring to those new-fangled electronic cigarettes.

I'LL START:
    I started out using a disposable, but it was pretty weak. 200 puffs and you're done? :hand:

So I upped my game after 3 days and got a re-usable one. A generic iClear 16 cartomiser and rechargeable battery. Which broke. A lot. The battery life was about a day and a half, and the cartomisers may as well have been made out of butter. You can only get away with dropping them so many times :sad:

Disenfranchised with the amount I was having to spend on replacing cartomisers (and batteries, they don't last forever either), I upped my game again, and got something that would probably cause someone to haemorrhage if I clonked them hard enough with it; an SID SmokTech VV/VW Mod with a 3ml Innokin iClear 30 cartomiser. Nuthin' fancy, but a solid piece of kit that has served me well.

...Well, technically I've had two. The first one broke after the nth time I dropped it as someone the cartomiser actually got stuck in the thread of the mod. The mod went a few weeks later as the thread wore away completely and wouldn't hold the battery in place, so I had to replace it. Word to the wise, don't get the metallic silver SID mods. I'm not the only one with the weak thread problem.

Cartomiser:

SID mod:

All in all, it's been a worthwhile venture. My recreational activities aside, I haven't had a cigarette for over a year now. I'm not going to get high and mighty on those that smoke because that ain't me, but if you vape and want somewhere to talk about it and share experiences with others that do, here it is

Apologies if the pics come out huge, I'll resize them at some point if they do.
    I got into vaping approx 4 years ago, started off with a small 200 mah rechargeable e-cig and it was great! It had so much taste at that time, didn't leave any smell and was awesome generally! Then, few months after that I got myself an E-go which didn't lasted very long and wasn't much better than the previous e-cig. After that, I resorted back to smoking but now I got myself Kangertech SuBox Mini and it is awesome! I still smoke sometimes, because e-cig cannot simply replace that feeling when smoking, but having a subox saves me when I cannot smoke and vapour is huge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    I got into vaping approx 4 years ago, started off with a small 200 mah rechargeable e-cig and it was great! It had so much taste at that time, didn't leave any smell and was awesome generally! Then, few months after that I got myself an E-go which didn't lasted very long and wasn't much better than the previous e-cig. After that, I resorted back to smoking but now I got myself Kangertech SuBox Mini and it is awesome! I still smoke sometimes, because e-cig cannot simply replace that feeling when smoking, but having a subox saves me when I cannot smoke and vapour is huge.
    How many did you smoke a day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    How many did you smoke a day?
    I wasn't a regular smoker, sometimes I smoked 4-5 cigs a day and sometimes I could go through a week without smoking. Now I smoke even less frequently.

ReputationRep:
    KBOX Mini and Frost Liquid from Element (20pg / 80vg) is life.

Enough vapour to fill a room in 15 seconds.

Don't understand people that constantly have fruity / sweet liquids though. Goes to my head.

Has to be a strong menthol / airwave flavour for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    KBOX Mini and Frost Liquid from Element (20pg / 80vg) is life.

Enough vapour to fill a room in 15 seconds.

Don't understand people that constantly have fruity / sweet liquids though. Goes to my head.

Has to be a strong menthol / airwave flavour for me.
    Try to mix sweet cherry and strong menthol, this is life! I personally love sweet liquids, but if only they are mixed with at least some menthol e-liquid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    I dunno if vape is any better in terms of health than normal cigs tbh
    Explain your thinking behind that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Explain your thinking behind that.
    Still putting stress on your lungs.. its not ingredient free.. theres not much of a long term study on the effects of it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still putting stress on your lungs.. its not ingredient free.. theres not much of a long term study on the effects of it anyway.
    That doesn't sound very scientific, if you don't mind me saying so.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=3297

Vaping Society.

Got a new tank today :cool:

It's good :cool:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's not much in terms of studies of long term health effects, true, but PHE don't throw around the 95% safer figure as an afterthought - you're not burning tobacco so a lot of the dangerous compounds from smoking, the tar etc, isn't there. The harvard study about popcorn lung is a bit dishonest in that it reports per e-cig and doesn't give the volume of the tank of the e-cig being used, but even still the DA content is still considerably lower than that in your standard "manual" cigarette. Is it safe? Technically no, nothing is ever completely safe. Is it safer than smoking? Without a doubt.

I'm a smoker and I'd be interested in getting into e-cigs but it seems so confusing with all these different names/brands/flavours whatever. How do you know where to start?

ReputationRep:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tabstercat)
      I'm a smoker and I'd be interested in getting into e-cigs but it seems so confusing with all these different names/brands/flavours whatever. How do you know where to start?
      Typically people start with a tobacco flavour at a reasonably high nic content for the similarity in taste to cigarettes, as well as the strong nicotine hit. Given the industry isn't currently regulated, although the TPD is coming into place for next May which will introduce a lot of regulation into the contents of the liquids. As it is, you'll just need to research the manufacturers, and whether they get their juices analysed for DA, AP and Ac levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I would stay away from tobacco flavoured liquid, I did that to start off with, I've tried a fair few and am yet to find one that tastes nice.

(Original post by Tabstercat)
      Probably start with one of them stick shaped devices before going on to a box mod, it'd be a waste if you bought the box mod, charger, batteries, tank, coils etc and ended up smoking still or not liking vaping (you won't, it's a million times better than smoking but still). Obviously with them stick things it won't be as powerful and you won't have control over temp, voltage/wattage and the like but you will get an idea of whether it's for you or not, then move on to something better.

I use the Sigelei 75w, can probably pick that up for about £30 now, and two tanks (Uwell Crown and Nautilus Mini). I haven't used it myself but the Wismec 200w looks decent as well, got an email about it a while back.

ReputationRep:
      i want to breathe you in like a vapor
      i want to be the one you remember
      i want to feel your love like the weather

all over me
      all over me

ReputationRep:
      How come this thread was moved? It was actually in the right place in the chat forum :confused:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Wilfred Little)
      I would stay away from tobacco flavoured liquid, I did that to start off with, I've tried a fair few and am yet to find one that tastes nice.
      They absolutely reek, my least favourite ones to make (custard flavours though - smell so good), but it's about the familiarity afaik - slowly easing away from cigarettes into vaping.

ReputationRep:
      yup - I do sometimes when I can't be bothered to go outside, or stick my head out of my bedroom window (smoke alarms)
      I've got myself a top vaporiser (VP100) and these things break easily, but if you want to just sit in your room and smoke whatever it is (hopefully not tobacco) without worrying about smoke alarms or fire risks, then vaporisers are great - they create a different kind of effect to smoking - it's a bit of a smoother and more graduated "ascension" then a hit from a "cylinder"

ReputationRep:
      To me, vaping was a novelty that wore off after a while.

Even if I really liked it - I wouldn't do it. It has such a douchebag stigma to it.

Also, I don't mean to be 'that guy' but we don't have enough reliable long-term studies to say whether or not it's truly safe, so I'm steering clear either way.

My friends seem really into it - they keep telling me to get a box mod but meh. Have fun I guess - it's a hell of a lot better than smoking and red meat's probably worse for you.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.