Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoidoid)
    HI, Im also a mature student(28) starting Social Work at Hull.. Scary times ! I went to uni once before when i was 18 and hated it, so hopefully this time now i know what i want to do i'll enjoy it more! Just a nighmare at the moment trying to find somewhere to live !!! xx
    Hey there... I used unicom in Hull and found somewhere nice. They seem nice enough and the house is clean and modern, fairly cheap too. Give them a call, you can find their number on google easy enough.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks :-) Just need somewhere not full of freshers ! I was one once and as much as i like a drink on occasion i can't handle 1st year student life any more !!! x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks :-) Just need somewhere not full of freshers ! I was one once and as much as i like a drink on occasion i can't handle 1st year student life any more !!! x
    That's understandable... Ask for rooms in a house where people are doing their masters or are at the end of a degree. That's what I did and like I say, found somewhere nice.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look, Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I got a room at the village, they've put me in with 3rd years and post grads so it's all good. x

ReputationRep:
    I got a room at the village, they've put me in with 3rd years and post grads so it's all good. x
    That brilliant news for you I'm sure... Are you at the mature student lunch?

ReputationRep:
    I clicked yes on the online induction thing.. but haven't had an email confirmation yet... so i hope so ! Looking forward to the pub nights too, although 7.30pm-9.30pm is a bit sad haha bed for 10pm. !
    I can move in from the 13th Sept.. i think that might be a bit early.. Urgh. I have no idea !

ReputationRep:
    Im going take marine costal biology i'm 28 looking for accommodation isn't full of youngsters!

ReputationRep:
    Im staying at the village which is the universal student living place if u Google it it looks ok. Its 85 a week en suite and they'll put u with older people x

ReputationRep:
    just going to find a flat share!

ReputationRep:
    im not that old hahahah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was looking but think I left it late. X Hope you find something

ReputationRep:
    yeah its cool!sure i will anyone wanna arrange a coffee or drinks meet up?want make [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sounds good. I live in Beverley so I'm. Local too

ReputationRep:
    where is beverley?

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry haha, misunderstood haha. I would like too meet people before starting uni too. It 30 days left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_sharks)
    im not that old hahahah
    Didn't mean it like that, I'm also 28 and it certainly isn't old

ReputationRep:
    I'm 29 that's old hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Noooo No-one's old... we must never give into age haha !

ReputationRep:
    Saying that, I'm 29 but I will still be having a few drinks during freshers haha. Why not eh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.