Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    Y'know, I'm not too sure. When I was in secondary school (final year) a year seven started who had two dads, I can't remember him having any trouble.
    Not everyone feels the same way. Kids can be cruel without provocation, this is fuel for them.

Whatever happens, the child should not have to suffer the choices of the parents.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gay and I want kids some day, but this photo is a bit creepy.

Why are they naked o.O
    Skin to skin contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Not everyone feels the same way. Kids can be cruel without provocation, this is fuel for them.

Whatever happens, the child should not have to suffer the choices of the parents.
    My hometown is quite chavvy, if there was gonna be any fuel for bullying him, it would be that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    It isnt really a question of what i oppose or agree with. My views are simply an expression of my beliefs and life experience. I happen to believe that in the hierarchy of parentage the no 1 position would be one in which the parents were of opposite sex and are in a loving committed relationship.

Two guys mixing sperm in a petri dish following a mutual masturbaion session and then piping it into some misguided woman comes way down the list.

I wouldnt say i was anti gay but im sure that others will insist that I am. I cant say it troubles me. How can one quantify whether someone is anti gay or pro gay? Being anti or pro with regard to sexuality is the same as saying well im anti sun or anti moon.
    Why does the gender and sexuality of the parents matter? The only drawback from having same-sex parents is the kids have a higher probability of having to put with bigoted idiots. Most research suggests that children from same sex couples are more tolerant, open minded and charitable than those of heterosexual couples.

What is your issue with insemination? For lots of couples both straight and gay it is the ONLY way they can have children. There are plenty of women that agree to be surrogates for other couples children.

It's very easy to quantify if someone is pro or anti gay? If you criticize behaviour done by gay couples that no one would think twice about if a straight couple did, you are anti-gay.

With your sun and moon analogy if you mean that the idea that the debate of sexuality exists at all I'd agree, but you have an anti-gay lobby and thus you need a pro-gay one just to ensure homosexual people get treated like human beings.

ReputationRep:
    Has someone explained yet why they're not wearing shirts?

ReputationRep:
    Is it because they are both topless? That is what I find disturbing about the two pictures. Like wtf, why are they topless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    Has someone explained yet why they're not wearing shirts?
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Is it because they are both topless? That is what I find disturbing about the two pictures. Like wtf, why are they topless?
    Skin-to-skin contact is believed to be important for newborn babies...

ReputationRep:
    I had a gander at the comments on the Daily Mail, and was pleasantly surprised to see them largely positive

ReputationRep:
    Stop the Earth. I'm getting off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Skin-to-skin contact is believed to be important for newborn babies...
    Enough said. You don't see the guy or girl in a normal couple topless usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Enough said. You don't see the guy or girl in a normal couple topless usually.
    However, the child is, almost always, (depending on the circumstances of their birth), placed onto the bare chest of their mother. This skin-to-skin contact or so-called 'Kangaroo Care' has moved forwards in popularity in recent times, there's any number of articles related to its benefits online.

Define 'normal couple'? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    With your sun and moon analogy if you mean that the idea that the debate of sexuality exists at all I'd agree, but you have an anti-gay lobby and thus you need a pro-gay one just to ensure homosexual people get treated like human beings.
    I can assure you that i have no interest in disrespecting or oppressing anyone who identifies as homosexual. I couldnt care less what their sexuality is. Its personal , i dont want to hear about it and i would find it bizarre if anyone told me they were gay.

Im not sure about treating them as human beings. Sure they are,that is clear. There has never been a better time to be gay in the UK and Western society. But there are so many other groups of "human being" living here in the UK who are far worse off than gays who perceive they are oppressed.

ReputationRep:
    My hometown is quite chavvy, if there was gonna be any fuel for bullying him, it would be that..
    90% of chavs are homosexual anyway.
    - Totally real internet statistics 2014 Edition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?
    Because God also designed it so that people would die of smallpox. We've dealt with that, too. To live in today's world, you basically have to abandon all hope of things being natural or as they were "designed" to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicCx)
    No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.
    You say this like it's a universal truth? But how. Regardless of 'god' or anything, genetics and evolution would argue differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    Oh so we go down the old sensationalist and immature route now. Go figure. Why do you think it's fine for a child to not go through a key early developmental stage with its biological mother? Why do you want to deny a child a maternal bond?
    Ohhh lets see, the fact that I've not seen any evidence that those who have grown up without a mother but with adoptive parents are as a result of that disadvantaged in some way.

I'm a pollotarian. I think the meat industry is wrong however even though i eat chicken but that's an industry that will continue to exist. That's an industry set up for that exact reason. I also think the emergence of supermarkets is wrong as it pushes out small businesses. Doesnt mean I'm never going to shop there.
    So your high moral stance on saying that one should not support the meat industry is to eat chicken. Nice try. Calling bull**** (once more).

My point was quite transparently more aimed at puppies being taken from their mother early on to be presents for people. That is not right either. Puppies should he allowed to bond with their mother.
    So, you're continuing to accept a premise that those who grow up without their biological mothers are inherently ****ed.

You've just perfectly summed up the maturity levels of TSR. Can't even have a debate like an adult.[/QUOTE]

Here's some food for thought:
    I went to school with someone who lost their mother very early on. They had their brothers and father take care of them and bring them up. At no point did this child stand out. Good grades, mature when they needed to be. Whilst I didn't get on with them they were pretty popular.

At no point did they seem to be at a disadvantage as a result.

But don't worry, I'll send them a facebook message correcting them, and tell them that they are inherent disadvantaged and that they are not the same as me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    It isnt really a question of what i oppose or agree with. My views are simply an expression of my beliefs and life experience. I happen to believe that in the hierarchy of parentage the no 1 position would be one in which the parents were of opposite sex and are in a loving committed relationship.
    But is it not more important what there is evidence to support than what you believe to be true? There is far more to suggest children benefit from a stable home - which a same sex couple could provide - than from having parents of opposite genders.

ReputationRep:
    Saw this a few days ago, I must admit initially I was a little weirded out about them randomly being naked but then I actually read the article and realised it was beneficial to have skin to skin contact with their baby.

Good luck to them, I'm sure they'll be great parents - I can't criticise a couple (no matter what sex they are) bringing up a child in a safe and loving environment.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    thats so sweet! :love:

ReputationRep:
    What a lo of the bigotry is based on isn't just homophobia but sexism, assumed gendered roles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.