Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    I have proposed my ideas for voting reviews. However since we are so focused on fixing problems. I would like to see if anybody has any idea where it specifically comes from, then we can address that one specific thing. Improving and fixing are two very different thing. So far I have focused on improving, and you are talking about fixing.
    Ok then since we're coming at it from two different approaches, why not team up to solve the problems?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all those on 100%

Regarding how to reduce the number of elections taking place, I think we should keep in mind that another EU election is unlikely to occur next term (I think it was a one off to coincide with the RL election?)

It might also make sense to expand the period of time a seat can remain vacant for up until a general election.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I can see 3 clear blocks in the voting review:

1st - Lots of red absent from the Government
    2nd - A lot of Ayes,Noes and Abstentions from the Opposition
    3rd - From UKIP and the Libers I see lots of excepts

Come on lets play the game and redistribute then those new MP's might feel as if they can contribute more to voting, debate and legislation.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When's the voting and who should i support for from my side to vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Not sure when the election will start but voting I suspect will start next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Whoever you think has the best manifesto and agree with most, that's the whole point of elections.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Is Matt)
    This house can be improved by having cross party boards and committees for things.
    I agree with your other ideas, but committees are soul-destroyingly dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faland)
    QFA
    Mister Speaker, could you please publish the latest table of voting records? I need the data to make a point.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Mister Speaker, could you please publish the latest table of voting records? I need the data to make a point.
    Are you able to download the Excel document in the link at the top of the post? If not, I can probably attach it through TSR for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faland)
    Are you able to download the Excel document in the link at the top of the post? If not, I can probably attach it through TSR for you.
    Ah, sorry for being daft, I did not realise that the heading is a hyperlink. :rolleyes: I can access it, thank you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.