Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    And a further just wow -_-
    just about the most intelligent & well thought out rebuttal I've had from a UKIP supporter, which rather says it all about people who support them.

careful you don't reply again, it might strain that one brain cell you people all have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PassingAlways)
    just about the most intelligent & well thought out rebuttal I've had from a UKIP supporter, which rather says it all about people who support them.

careful you don't reply again, it might strain that one brain cell you people all have.
    You don't come across as the most intelligent of people yourself, given that all you have done in this thread is insult UKIP supporters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukip72)
    You don't come across as the most intelligent of people yourself, given that all you have done in this thread is insult UKIP supporters.
    no, I described them, as none of them can even come up with any rebuke of that description I'd say it's a pretty accurate one as well

ReputationRep:
    no, I described them, as none of them can even come up with any rebuke of that description I'd say it's a pretty accurate one as well
    "there a bunch of bigoted small minded little Englander idiots basically"

That is an insult, if you see it as a valid argument for not liking UKIP then you have a lot to learn. I applaud my fellow UKIP supporters for not responding to such a moronic statement.

ReputationRep:
    "there a bunch of bigoted small minded little Englander idiots basically"

That is an insult, if you see it as a valid argument for not liking UKIP then you have a lot to learn. I applaud my fellow UKIP supporters for not responding to such a moronic statement.
    lol

if you don't think bigotry is enough reason to avoid people then you should raise your standards is my advice.

ReputationRep:
    there a bunch of bigoted small minded little Englander idiots basically
    +1 but I ran out of reps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Just out of curiosity how is wanting to leave a political union going to have any impact on trade.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much for racists that are not willing to join the BNP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol

if you don't think bigotry is enough reason to avoid people then you should raise your standards is my advice.
    UKIP supporters are not bigoted as you make out, you need to look at yourself closely before you accuse others of bigotry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samia95)
    Pretty much for racists that are not willing to join the BNP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please explain why opposing mass immigration is racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Try making a proper argument instead then. Or could it be that you don't have one?

ReputationRep:
    UKIP supporters are not bigoted as you make out, you need to look at yourself closely before you accuse others of bigotry.
    there stories in the press about their members during the elections suggest you are very, very wrong. not to mention you oppose gay marriage & your leader is an out xenophobe (your policies are quite obviously xenophobic).

but yeah, UKIP supporters who are generally straight rich older white men, yeah clearly you are an oppressed group in our society so im a bigot :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I see no evidence they're racist.

But then I don't mind them. As a country we need to determine whether the EU is worth our time.

And it shakes things up, since the late Thatcher resigned the paradigm has been the same. We need some new life into our politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimolozen)
    I see no evidence they're racist.

But then I don't mind them. As a country we need to determine whether the EU is worth our time.

And it shakes things up, since the late Thatcher resigned the paradigm has been the same. We need some new life into our politics.
    It baffles me it really does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEFeynman)
    They are a pathetic group of miserable, isolationists. Little old England is not much of a power at anything, anymore. Our economy is far to heavily invested in the services and finance sectors. We are a significant net importer, with a piss poor high tech design and manufacturing Base.

The World is gradually heading towards a globalised singular society. We need to be moving forwards not backwards. The EU has a lot of things about it which need changing or improving, but you can't do any of that from the outside. Cooperation is the future, not pets spats over lines on stupid maps.

The problems humanity faces today are global problems, which can only be dealt with on a global scale. The reason we are so ****ed up in the first place, is down too many cooks spoiling the broth.

Nobody takes anybody else's job from them. You don't own a job, you work in it. The real problem is that the companies are all downsizing their workforces. Replacing them with software, robots and algorithms. The majority of available jobs are going to only be available to people with high level skills, which are not easy to replace with an unconscious machine.

Stop being so ****ing insular, and stop the naval gazing. You live on a planet not just an Island. Try something different for a change, instead of always reverting to the easy comfortable option.
    Insular? Even with globalisation (which is inevitable in some sense) that doesn't preclude border controls and/or immigration caps. I don't think you know what globalisation actually is..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    It baffles me it really does.
    But how are they racist? and isn't the real reason because Tories/Labour fear challenge?

they won't win the next election, but they can get enough to dent both Con/Lab seats. and with Scottish independence likely (if not soon then maybe in 10-20 years, I doubt this will be the last referendum) then it makes more of a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimolozen)
    But how are they racist? and isn't the real reason because Tories/Labour fear challenge?

they won't win the next election, but they can get enough to dent both Con/Lab seats. and with Scottish independence likely (if not soon then maybe in 10-20 years, I doubt this will be the last referendum) then it makes more of a challenge.
    Well all i will say is that if they are racist then there must be a hell of a lot of racists in the UK which i doubt is the case seeing as we are one of the most open and tolerant countries in the world.

ReputationRep:
    If you think ukip is racist then wow we are all doomed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RYAN1872)
    If you think ukip is racist then wow we are all doomed
    if Farage ever gets any power then yeah, we are all doomed, the guy is the worst kind of establishment lackey, he's an ex banker, millionaire & hates anyone poor or foreign, UKIP are basically the party of people so repugnant even the Tories kicked em out...

ReputationRep:
    They'd be ok if they weren't undercover racists. No difference between them and the BNP. All UKIP have done is recreate the BNP and learnt from their mistakes, overall they both have the same agenda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.