Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UKIP 2015 Manifesto to be agreed tomorrow some interesting policy revealed so far Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    Are you serious? Why should working people in the UK on 'middle class' salaries be taxed so much only for it to be spent on climate change as opposed to the NHS, education etc?

No offense but are you taking the piss? Its attitudes like yours which makes people consider tax avoidance.

Why should working people pay for ****ing climate change goals? Why should they pay towards a department overly inflated? Why is the budget being allocated to this and foreign aid at a time when other countries couldn't give a ****?

I don't see people on welfare paying it. Middle classes screwed over constantly whilst pricks in Westminster pop a few solar panels on their second houses and reap the benefits.

Fed up of it. Middle class people get **** on in the UK.
    Why should poor countries face increasing risk of flooding and drought etc.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...countries-ipcc

Foreign Aid goes to support many people whose lives depend on it.

Do you not think:

halve the number of people living in extreme poverty and hunger
    ensure that all children receive primary education
    promote sexual equality and give women a stronger voice
    reduce child death rates
    improve the health of mothers
    combat HIV & AIDS, malaria and other diseases
    make sure the environment is protected
    build a global partnership for those working in development.

are important?

It's 0.7% of GDP.

Atleast you are middle class.

The snobbery reeks...... :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I look forward to reading the scientific and economically illiterate document in full.
    I'm waiting for the Labour manifesto as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I'm waiting for the Labour manifesto as well.
    Aren't we waiting for all the manifestos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Aren't we waiting for all the manifestos?
    I have a good guess at what will be in the UKIP and Conservative manifestos. I don't care about the Lib Dem manifesto. Labours manifesto is the only one where I am waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    Why should poor countries face increasing risk of flooding and drought etc.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...countries-ipcc

Foreign Aid goes to support many people whose lives depend on it.

Do you not think:

halve the number of people living in extreme poverty and hunger
    ensure that all children receive primary education
    promote sexual equality and give women a stronger voice
    reduce child death rates
    improve the health of mothers
    combat HIV & AIDS, malaria and other diseases
    make sure the environment is protected
    build a global partnership for those working in development.

are important?

It's 0.7% of GDP.

Atleast you are middle class.

The snobbery reeks...... :L
    That's their problem, not ours. Great helping others out of poverty but not when you're pushing your own people into poverty.

Tell me more about the food banks in the UK please...... Oh wait.

The only time we should give foreign aid is when its not at the expense of our own people and when we run an economic surplus. Then we have money to give away. To give away money we don't have due to deficits is ridiculous. Its not our money - it is borrowed and we then give it away to other countries. It should be spent here.

The councils piss money away before the end of the financial year on projects they don't even care about to stop it going back into the budget to be allocated in the next year. You think all of this ridiculous spending is a good thing? No wonder our country owes so much and so many people in the UK are credited up their eye balls and have debt problems.

If I'm a businessman I start giving money to others when i am rich and can afford to do so. I don't give to others when I have outstanding debts and owe others money. That's just common sense.

If we run a £10bn surplus and £5bn went back into the country and £5bn went in foreign aid then I'd be fine with that but that's not the current situation. Instead the costs are being put on the middle/working classes in this country.

The fact we are wasting billions which could be spent elsewhere is tragic. No we can't do it all whilst running a deficit and when people are paying tens of thousands in tax they want that money going back into services they use and will benefit them and people around them.

Honestly, budgeting and money management should be part of the school curriculum because some people haven't got a bloody clue how to manage it.

ReputationRep:
    That's their problem, not ours. Great helping others out of poverty but not when you're pushing your own people into poverty.

Tell me more about the food banks in the UK please...... Oh wait.

The only time we should give foreign aid is when its not at the expense of our own people and when we run an economic surplus. Then we have money to give away. To give away money we don't have due to deficits is ridiculous. Its not our money - it is borrowed and we then give it away to other countries. It should be spent here.

The councils piss money away before the end of the financial year on projects they don't even care about to stop it going back into the budget to be allocated in the next year. You think all of this ridiculous spending is a good thing? No wonder our country owes so much and so many people in the UK are credited up their eye balls and have debt problems.

If I'm a businessman I start giving money to others when i am rich and can afford to do so. I don't give to others when I have outstanding debts and owe others money. That's just common sense.

If we run a £10bn surplus and £5bn went back into the country and £5bn went in foreign aid then I'd be fine with that but that's not the current situation. Instead the costs are being put on the middle/working classes in this country.

The fact we are wasting billions which could be spent elsewhere is tragic. No we can't do it all whilst running a deficit and when people are paying tens of thousands in tax they want that money going back into services they use and will benefit them and people around them.

Honestly, budgeting and money management should be part of the school curriculum because some people haven't got a bloody clue how to manage it.
    Hardly see anyone dying. The middle class and their sky TV, nice car and house.

Nobody lives in poverty in the UK. People can afford to not go to food banks, my family have coped why can't others.

Plus it is Our fault. Go research the world bank, IMF restructuring programming and even our Aid being used to gain bisunness e.g. Pergau Dam. Also we put our selves in this position by trying to be the police of the world and colonising 3/4 of the world.

I agree cut aid to countries like India, who spend money on space adventures, and china, brazil etc. I'd like it to go to developing food and water supplies in drought risk areas e.g. horn of Africa

BTW reducing poverty isn't a "waste".

Increase the tax rate back to 50%, introduce a mansion tax. Increase stamp duty on mansions e.g. those in knights bridge.

I love how the middle class compare themselves to the working class.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i'm dying of laughter.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly see anyone dying. The middle class and their sky TV, nice car and house.

Nobody lives in poverty in the UK. People can afford to not go to food banks, my family have coped why can't others.

Plus it is Our fault. Go research the world bank, IMF restructuring programming and even our Aid being used to gain bisunness e.g. Pergau Dam. Also we put our selves in this position by trying to be the police of the world and colonising 3/4 of the world.

I agree cut aid to countries like India, who spend money on space adventures, and china, brazil etc. I'd like it to go to developing food and water supplies in drought risk areas e.g. horn of Africa

BTW reducing poverty isn't a "waste".

Increase the tax rate back to 50%, introduce a mansion tax. Increase stamp duty on mansions e.g. those in knights bridge.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i'm dying of laughter.
    If you think its a concern then set up a non governmental fund to fund it. The rest of us will set up our own fund to put money back where it belongs, into the country and into feasible and solid projects to better lives.

It should not just be taken from us and spent as the political elite like.

ReputationRep:
    If you think its a concern then set up a non governmental fund to fund it. The rest of us will set up our own fund to put money back where it belongs, into the country and into feasible and solid projects to better lives.

It should not just be taken from us and spent as the political elite like.
    So you don't care if people are dying even if we can help.

Wow you and UKIP deserve each other you **** person.

"The rest of us will set up our own fund to put money back where it belongs, into the country and into feasible and solid projects to better lives."

Better lives how? We already have good lives, NHS and a welfare state.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't compare them at all but if you can't read then that is your issue, not mine.

The middle class due to taxation and regulation have been squeezed by a cost of living crisis too. Who do you think pays for people to work? Middle class small business owners. Who pays 40% tax? Middle class.

The middle class aren't as well of as you think. The increasing amount of income inequality across Europe has opened the gap between the working/ middle class and the rich.

If you think being on a middle class salary and having a middle class status in the UK now means you have a lot of disposable income then you're wrong.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what are Ukip's thoughts with regards to a sovereign wealth fund similar to Norway's (and supported by the SNP). That's something I think we greatly need (along with fiscal surplus) to ensure long term financial stability.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I have a good guess at what will be in the UKIP and Conservative manifestos. I don't care about the Lib Dem manifesto. Labours manifesto is the only one where I am waiting.
    I'd expect the Tory manifesto to be vaguely similar to Ukip, essentially just down a level in 'right wingness'. The Lib Dem manifesto could be interesting if they commit to being center-right or center-left (doubt it though Laws is heading it), I agree that Labour's will probably be the most interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't compare them at all but if you can't read then that is your issue, not mine.

The middle class due to taxation and regulation have been squeezed by a cost of living crisis too. Who do you think pays for people to work? Middle class small business owners. Who pays 40% tax? Middle class.

The middle class aren't as well of as you think. The increasing amount of income inequality across Europe has opened the gap between the working/ middle class and the rich.

If you think being on a middle class salary and having a middle class status in the UK now means you have a lot of disposable income then you're wrong.
    A lot more than working class on less than £20,000 a year......

Your still trying to act like the middle class have it as bad as the working class.

If your middle class you can afford mortgage, a car, sky and food. In my eyes that is well off..... what are the middle class missing?

ReputationRep:
    So you don't care if people are dying even if we can help.

Wow you and UKIP deserve each other you **** person.
    What about the OAP's in the UK dying because they can't pay their energy bills? What about children living in poverty? Oh wait you don't care about them do you? Don't start blaming others for the problems of **** governance across the world. I want people in this country to benefit from my tax and its a disgrace people in the UK are dying and struggling from poverty.

Better lives how? We already have good lives, NHS and a welfare state.
    Not everyone in the UK has a good life which just goes to prove your ignorance. You also said there was no poverty in the UK earlier. Deluded.

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/M...ail/story.html

But don't worry about them. Let's keep giving money to corrupt governments around the world to piss up the wall.

You call me a **** person? This coming from the person who refuses to acknowledge poverty in the UK. These children neglected by their government. £9bn on foreign aid which could go to them. Its a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    You what mate?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...ses-uk-poverty

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-25287068

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9547039.html

You're ****ing clueless. I'm done speaking to such an ignorant person.

ReputationRep:
    What about the OAP's in the UK dying because they can't pay their energy bills? What about children living in poverty? Oh wait you don't care about them do you? Don't start blaming others for the problems of **** governance across the world. I want people in this country to benefit from my tax and its a disgrace people in the UK are dying and struggling from poverty.

Not everyone in the UK has a good life which just goes to prove your ignorance. You also said there was no poverty in the UK earlier. Deluded.

But don't worry about them. Let's keep giving money to corrupt governments around the world to piss up the wall.

You call me a **** person? This coming from the person who refuses to acknowledge poverty in the UK. These children neglected by their government. £9bn on foreign aid which could go to them. Its a disgrace.
    What about the OAP's in the UK dying because they can't pay their energy bills?- Winter fuel allowance

What about children living in poverty?- Blame it on the hate bashing on benefit recipients by the right wing

Well I was one of those kid's. Still not as bad as poverty in Africa/Asia.

£9bn aid wouldn't go to them anyway........

I call you **** because your happy to watch kids die. How many kids died in the UK from poverty???.

ReputationRep:
    By 'poverty' you mean people living on less than 60% of the median UK income?

Unless everyone earners more than 60% of the median then there will be poverty in the UK. Doesn't really matter what that median is.

Still hardly $2/day poverty.

ReputationRep:
    What about the OAP's in the UK dying because they can't pay their energy bills?- Winter fuel allowance

What about children living in poverty?- Blame it on the hate bashing on benefit recipients by the right wing

Well I was one of those kid's. Still not as bad as poverty in Africa/Asia.

£9bn aid wouldn't go to them anyway........

I call you **** because your happy to watch kids die. How many kids died in the UK from poverty???.
    Happy to watch kids die? No I am not but that is the fault of their corrupt governments. You're happy to see people in the UK struggle and die and you are so deluded you claim poverty in the UK doesn't exist. I'm done speaking to you. You are clueless.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's not proper poverty. Speaking as somebody who's grown up in a benefits background I can also tell you that my parents have had access to the food bank despite the fact I could have cut their monthly bills by £100.

Albeit i'm sure some genuinely need it, it's nowhere near what the media would have you believe.

ReputationRep:
    Happy to watch kids die? No I am not but that is the fault of their corrupt governments. You're happy to see people in the UK struggle and die and you are so deluded you claim poverty in the UK doesn't exist. I'm done speaking to you. You are clueless.
    How many kids in the UK die of poverty each year?

ReputationRep:

"You're happy to see people in the UK struggle and die and you are so deluded you claim poverty in the UK doesn't exist."

People don't die from poverty in the UK.... and OAP get help such as winter fuel payment.

So droughts and flooding is due to governments now........

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.