Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Muslim who is questioning his faith anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Used to be Lib Dem until that **** Clegg ****** everything up. ****.
    I thought maybe they were the ones after their work in the last election but I'm lost with them, they're a joke. Can't take em seriously again.

Back to what works, tories

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    I did. Religiously. I don't think you understand. All I did was pray and study, for 30 days and about a month before.
    Even if you hadn't prayed and only studied for a month hardcore then wouldn't you be able to pass anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    how can you memories the quran its a big book. I doubt you could re-write it if I gave you pen and paper. Anyway I can't tell you what to do but I've lost all tolerance for muslims and I'm someone who actively defended them but honestly Islam is a huge contradiction of itself... peaceful my ass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trust me I could. Maybe one or two mistakes, which I'm trying to get rid of but I could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Even if you hadn't prayed and only studied for a month hardcore then wouldn't you be able to pass anyway?
    I don't know because I didn't do that. Maybe, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I thought maybe they were the ones after their work in the last election but I'm lost with them, they're a joke. Can't take em seriously again.

Back to what works, tories

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was confident man, thinking these guys might be on the up but then the guy is a complete mug. All political parties are terrible tbh, it's effectively just picking the least **** one there is.

ReputationRep:
    Can we listen to a recitation by you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    how can you memories the quran its a big book. I doubt you could re-write it if I gave you pen and paper. Anyway I can't tell you what to do but I've lost all tolerance for muslims and I'm someone who actively defended them but honestly Islam is a huge contradiction of itself... peaceful my ass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You actively defended muslims but you don't know how someone could be a hafidh?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to reality, how does it feel to have finally surpassed your indoctrination?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Can we listen to a recitation by you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you could but I don't really want to, pretty shy about it.

I got asked to pray taraweeh at a local mosque but turned it down as I felt wrong leading the prayer with doubt about the faith in my heart, and it's a lot of pressure and I'm slightly shy with this sort of thing.

(Original post by TSA)
      It's not though. The religion also has problems. You only need to look at the threads on Islam on this forum with an open mind and you realise that there are a number of flaws in the religion.

The above, last sentence.
      Yeah well i've been here a while and nothing here is new it's mainly just recycled stuff from answering-islam. What flaws are you talking about, to be more specific?

ReputationRep:
      Would you like to come to umrah with me and some other friends after Ramadan? A week in Makkah and Madinah?

ReputationRep:
      My objection to Islam is it has no concept of breathing constitution and historically has been unable to reign in excesses of society and rulers.

You also have to question the success of a faith that has 2 civil wars over power less than 50 years after the death of mohammed

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FreedomCostsTax)
      Yeah well i've been here a while and nothing here is new it's mainly just recycled stuff from answering-islam. What flaws are you talking about, to be more specific?
      Like its stance on homosexuality. Why would God create a man and instil a desire/attraction for other men. Yet prohibit him to the extent of punishment by death from him carrying out these desires. Yet heterosexuals can marry to alleviate their desires. Is that fair?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TSA)
      Like its stance on homosexuality. Why would God create a man and instil a desire/attraction for other men. Yet prohibit him to the extent of punishment by death from him carrying out these desires. Yet heterosexuals can marry to alleviate their desires. Is that fair?
      Does the reason why Allah created humans and why he desires worship makes sense to you? At the most basic level I cannot make sense of why we exist other than to serve Allah and why Allah needs or desires this worship. That alone renders the religion too nonsensical for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
      Welcome to reality, how does it feel to have finally surpassed your indoctrination?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Tumblr Atheists in action
      Name calling or suggesting people are stupid or brainwashed is a bigoted approach to take.
      Religion is a judgement calls no one is brainwashed everyone has access to the internet
      Shame on you

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by joe01223)
      Would you like to come to umrah with me and some other friends after Ramadan? A week in Makkah and Madinah?
      I would but at the moment I can't afford it. Got robbed a couple of weeks ago the sum of £7k. So literally broke now and using my overdraft to make myself money again. I'm about £700 up but I need to make some more for my accommodation next year as I signed a contract for a studio flat thinking I could comfortably afford it with the money I had and now will be in a bit of trouble if I can't.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ggmu!)
      Does the reason why Allah created humans and why he desires worship makes sense to you? At the most basic level I cannot make sense of why we exist other than to serve Allah and why Allah needs or desires this worship. That alone renders the religion too nonsensical for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Exactly, why would he require the worship of mere mortals. It's not like he requires, needs it so why would he want it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by James222)
      Tumblr Atheists in action
      Name calling or suggesting people are stupid or brainwashed is a bigoted approach to take.
      Religion is a judgement calls no one is brainwashed everyone has access to the internet
      Shame on you
      Yes because being made to learn a massive religious text off by heart so you will never forget it's contents is not indoctrination at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TSA)
      Playing devils advocate here the muslim response would be
      People can have a desire for alot of thinks like Alcohol,drugs or rape yet they are forbidden.

However god in his ultimate wisdom has forbidden certain things for public good.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
      Yes because being made to learn a massive religious text off by heart so you will never forget it's contents is not indoctrination at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I wasn't made to do anything. It was my choice. In fact my parents were worried it would impact upon my education negatively so didn't really want me to do it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.