Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most socially awkward moment of your life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    *At a party and introduced to my friend's boyfriend who is really good at sport and plays in his school's rugby first team*

Me: Hi
    Him: Hi. So what school do you go to?
    Me: *says name of school*
    Him: Ahh. I go to *insert name*. Your school is really good at rugby, they beat us quite a lot.
    Me: Yeah, we're quite good haha.
    Him: So, do you play rugby?
    Me: No.
    Him: ...

By far the most awkward situation I have ever been in. We had nothing in common and I stood there for a good 15 seconds waiting for some sort of response before saying I needed the bathroom to get out.
    • Welcome Squad

When you're walking and someone walks towards you and you try to go around them but they go the same direction and it's like a mirror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    hmm yeh im the clumsy type too only im a proper loser so youre grand p

yeh can see it as a bad thing...but many older people are almost jealous that you still are youthful and have a bit of personality

weird I know..basically dont grow up too quick

maybe go easy on the doors tho p
    I don't think I'll ever lose my klutziness, its okay

(Original post by SyedaK)
    *Me tripping over a chair*
    Me: Sorry

I've a bad habit of apologising to objects. Mostly lampposts and dustbins in public.
    They have feelings too!

ReputationRep:
    Walking past a group of really hot girls in an empty pathway looking more homeless than a homeless person... the embarrassment

ReputationRep:
    There was this guy who was the high school rockstar for a year or two (no idea what happened to him in the end) because he was pretty good at guitar and performed at talent shows at school. He was apparently really good looking as well.

There was this girl who was quite pretty (and thought very highly of herself, I think, but could be nice), and she had a crush on the rockstar and wanted to dance with him during dance practice.

My PE teacher made me go up and ask the girl to dance, when she'd been planning to dance with the rockstar and he'd been planning to ask her.

At that age, I was pretty uncool because I didn't really speak at school and didn't take great care of my appearance.

Everyone was staring as we held hands and prepared to dance. Then she burst into tears, and other girls were whispering to her "I'll dance with him" and looking really sympathetic. The dance went on for about 5 minutes with her sobbing her eyes out and everyone staring.

ReputationRep:
    There's also the time when my dad asked me loudly in a shopping centre, when we were surrounded by pretty girls about my age at the time (16), "Do you need a poo?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicScarf)
    I don't think I'll ever lose my klutziness, its okay

They have feelings too!
    Then I've done the right thing

ReputationRep:
    You know how at the back of the bus there seats facing each other, the bus was quite cramped and there one sear opposite some man. I fall onto the man hands either side of his head. He didn't even help me up or laugh or anything I even had to use his shoulder to get me up! Then to make it worse I spent the rest of the bus journey sat facing him. :cool:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Haven rory award winner in cornwall so far. Was scared and screwed up
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I come into contact with a human.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    as a section moderator thats cute

good for you kid

ReputationRep:
    The only 'socially awkward' thing I hate is when you still haven't heard what someone has said after the 3rd time of them repeating.

The nod and smile always comes into play at this point. :K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    You know how at the back of the bus there seats facing each other, the bus was quite cramped and there one sear opposite some man. I fall onto the man hands either side of his head. He didn't even help me up or laugh or anything I even had to use his shoulder to get me up! Then to make it worse I spent the rest of the bus journey sat facing him. :cool:

LMAO!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Everyone was staring as we held hands and prepared to dance. Then she burst into tears, and other girls were whispering to her "I'll dance with him" and looking really sympathetic. The dance went on for about 5 minutes with her sobbing her eyes out and everyone staring.
    Why did she start crying?! That's harsh! :rofl:

(Original post by bubble999)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Even the most mudane things for me can be incredibly awkward.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Haveing leukemia.

ReputationRep:
    When people from Secondary School that I didn't like try to make conversation with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    There was this guy who was the high school rockstar for a year or two (no idea what happened to him in the end) because he was pretty good at guitar and performed at talent shows at school. He was apparently really good looking as well.

There was this girl who was quite pretty (and thought very highly of herself, I think, but could be nice), and she had a crush on the rockstar and wanted to dance with him during dance practice.

My PE teacher made me go up and ask the girl to dance, when she'd been planning to dance with the rockstar and he'd been planning to ask her.

At that age, I was pretty uncool because I didn't really speak at school and didn't take great care of my appearance.

That is one of the harshest b****est things I have ever read, she CRIED while you danced. I am offering you a virtual hug my friend that must have sucked xD

ReputationRep:
    We all had iPads at our school, and I had taken a screenshot of a snapchat of my friend who was looking up at a detailed cartoon erect penis that the sender had drawn. That was ages ago, but the picture was still saved on my camera roll.

I had finished all of my science work, and was flicking mindlessly through my pictures, when my science teacher (my all-time favourite teacher in the school) walked by. You can see where this is going...

Favourite teacher: why aren't you doing your work?
    Me: I finished it (I obliviously flick to that picture)
    Favourite teacher: err...what is that?
    me: ...nothing...

Major cringe happening here. In all fairness, I probably should have been checking my work or something.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When I was on a plane a few weeks ago and randomly took a panic attack a few mins after take off, I grabbed by bf's arm plus the guy's arm beside me too instead of the arm rest by accident. I was absolutely mortified and its put me off flying for a really long while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.