Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notterts)
    I was walking home, hungry and I noticed I was low on money. A stranger walking in front of me dropped their wallet with £50 and 2 cards so I could buy an ice cream. He even bought me a holiday with his credit card. Never met anyone nicer!
    *Furiously dials 999*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Yeah they are going contactless payment or you have to use your oyster card.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats contactless payment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Why?
    because its worthless now.

they're just waiting to implement a new system out of the blue to the dismay of everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    it's now pointless

ReputationRep:
    Whats contactless payment?
    I think it is using your bank card to touch in the bus. I am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    because its worthless now.

they're just waiting to implement a new system out of the blue to the dismay of everyone.
    But tsr is no fun without the rep system :/

They should bring neg rep back (although I had like 6 reds :teehee: ). Ah the good ol' days..

ReputationRep:
    But tsr is no fun without the rep system :/

They should bring neg rep back (although I had like 6 reds :teehee: ). Ah the good ol' days..
    I was the most vocal supporter for bringing back neg rep.

It all fell on deaf ears.

surprise surprise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I was the most vocal supporter for bringing back neg rep.

It all fell on deaf ears.

surprise surprise
    I bet you always used to neg me. A few months ago you said I was annoying :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Missed me

Never thought i'd see the day you'd have 5 green gems..
    From zero to -800 to whatever it is right now

Not an everyday feat to marvel upon :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my iPod in my pocket as I was listening to music, also had a £20 note in my pocket (God knows why I put it in my pocket!) - as I pulled out my iPod to change the playlist and the £20 must've fell on the floor. I walked for a few minutes and there was a tap on my shoulder. This saint of a man had picked it up and ran after me, which I thought was really lovely of him. I was surprised he didn't take it. Never forgotten that.

There's also been a few bus drivers that have let me on even though I had no money on my Oyster

ReputationRep:
    I bet you always used to neg me. A few months ago you said I was annoying :cry2:
    Actually no.

I'd only ever neg if someone was really stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    From zero to -800 to whatever it is right now

Not an everyday feat to marvel upon :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had like 6/7 reds. Me and my rubies were very popular

ReputationRep:
    Made me a seafood platter for lunch. I later found out it was a new staff member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    People making the bus driver wait for me whilst I run for the bus

Teacher gave me a lift home when she saw me walking down a road alone and it was quite late..
    I was tired, slow mind, in a daze. went to the cash point got out £40. took my card and walked away. a man comes up and taps me on my shoulder and asks me if i just took out some money. i say yes. he asks how much. i say £40. he hands me the £40. he wasnt even at the cash point himself but he just noticed as he walked past.

awesome guy.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, I can't remember a single time a stranger has done something nice for me.

I once took the wrong bus and fell asleep on it and ended up 2/3 miles away from home. I asked the bus driver if he could take me back and he refused as I had no money on me. I told him I would pay double once I get home and can get some money he still refused. It took me an hour to make my way home in the pissing rain at 7:30pm in the winter.

One of the reasons I've stopped helping strangers.

I use to think if I did something nice for someone, it would always be reciprocated in some form or another, man I was naive.

ReputationRep:
    She came up to me, whispered into my ear 'honey, your fly is undone'

ReputationRep:
    Once the man at the ice cream parlour near college offered a free milkshake since it was the last day of the yearD

ReputationRep:
    I was walking my dog and it was hot out so I bought him and myself an icecream from the icecream can at the park. Not realising the second one I bought was for my dog, he gave me a 3rd and told me it was for my dog!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was 10 minutes late for my sixth form interview and I was really scared because this sixth form is supposed to be really strict and hard to get into, so I was just thinking "Great! I've probably already lost my place!"
    As I was going into the school, I saw my friend coming out (she'd just had her interview) and she told me that she had heard one of the interviewers call my name out several times. I rushed into the school out of breath, and when I went into the library, where everyone was being interviewed (you could literally see and hear everyone being interviewed which did nothing to help calm my nerves), there was a short queue of two girls with their mothers. At the front of the queue, there was a man by himself leaning against the desk. He was dressed quite smart and seemed like a teacher because of his casual stance. I decided to go up to him and asked him politely if he was a teacher. He replied, "No, but what's the problem?" I was a bit surprised that he wasn't a teacher but still inquired, but I told him that I was late for my interview anyway (I think I might've come across as a bit frazzled to be honest lol). He very calmly asked what time it was supposed to be at, and I told him. He got up wordlessly and went to a separated section of the library and spoke to the interviewer that was there. He then came back and told me that the interviewer was waiting for me and because I was so nervous, I forgot to thank him! I assumed he worked for the school in some way because of how smoothly he handled the situation. However, when I went up to the interviewer, she asked me if I knew the man or if he was just a well-wisher, which was when I realised he must have been someone's parent! He had just literally helped the competition! I was so surprised by this father's kindness - it made my day!

The interview only lasted about 10 minutes (I think the school had already made their mind up about me and just wanted to make sure that I wasn't an idiot), but I didn't see the man as I was going out so I couldn't thank him.

ReputationRep:
    Given me 20p in McDonald's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.