Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much money will you have at your disposal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I hope it's not a mistake and they demand I pay it back early.
    Finders keepers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Hey I also get the maximum amount but I'm getting £7417 which is a bit more than you which is strange, though last year I got £7343 despite my household income being exactly the same this year as it was last year.

Student finance is confusing :') Though I'm not complaining lol
    Hmm that is strange, Maybe its cos I'm going Manchester? Where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitashami)
    Just wanna compare, this seems like the right category. Anyways, I'll be getting 3200 from loan and 2000 from parents. Hbu?
    2000 from parents, you are so lucky. I wanted to go uni but couldn't afford accommodation so asked if i could stay a home but was chucked out from home for being 'ungrateful'

ReputationRep:
    i plan to live in london , so what like... £5200 maintenance? i guess my parents will give me whatever i need, they're pretty well off , but i plan to get a job and avoid taking any more of their money than necessary.

i earn £200 a month atm , and i'm very good at saving so i have £1000 before i even start. i guess they'll maybe give me £200 a month? so i have £100 a week , but i don't really know , we haven't talked about it. if i needed the money , they'd give me it - london is so expensive :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    Hmm that is strange, Maybe its cos I'm going Manchester? Where are you going?
    I go to Liverpool John Moores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotliketea)
    i plan to live in london , so what like... £5200 maintenance? i guess my parents will give me whatever i need, they're pretty well off , but i plan to get a job and avoid taking any more of their money than necessary.

i earn £200 a month atm , and i'm very good at saving so i have £1000 before i even start. i guess they'll maybe give me £200 a month? so i have £100 a week , but i don't really know , we haven't talked about it. if i needed the money , they'd give me it - london is so expensive :/
    Same here. I should be fine and ill look for a job but if I ever needed money I know my parents would give me without hesitation. I feel sad for orphans now........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthrauthrab.)
    2000 from parents, you are so lucky. I wanted to go uni but couldn't afford accommodation so asked if i could stay a home but was chucked out from home for being 'ungrateful'
    That doesn't sound great 😕 where you gonna stay?

ReputationRep:
    Around 2k plus money from work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitashami)
    Same here. I should be fine and ill look for a job but if I ever needed money I know my parents would give me without hesitation. I feel sad for orphans now........
    i'm not even slightly scared though , which is weird

i'm totally ready to move out , although i can't cook and i'm prone to just not eating because i'm too lazy to cook. i also don't like ready meals :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.