Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Race dating opinions. Watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Sopheea)
    Well i agree with you on the weave part, although, i am guilty.

On the hair topic though, natural hair is hard to handle, although it can be handled, but most black girls like taking the easy way out,
    which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As far as I'm concerned, i just need my hair to grow out a bit more then i can focus on it. But you should understand, although taking care of our natural hair is possible, its way more complicated then that the average non
    african hair, unless the black girl is mixed or something, i would know, i kept my hair short (Not almost bald short) for the whole time in high school where i watched my mates slave over their hairs.

On the skin bleaching topic, again its your opinion, but there are natural means (at least from what I've seen with the girls in my a-level college) to bleach/lighten, lemon and such.

Lol! you said the edo girl u met was schizophrenic, gosh, where do you meet these people, well the only thing ill have to say about that is you can't use one person orten people to judge an entire group. Im an Edo Nigerian, lived in Nigeria 16 years of my life, and most people find that hard to believe.

Im the kind of person that gets to know a
    person before i can make a judgement, although i can be biased sometimes myself
    I used to believe that natural hair was harder to maintain but it's not.
    I personally hate weaves, i used to wear them, but literally so much effort and too much money when we have wonderful hair underneath.

YouTube is the place to be for natural hair care. And the texturetextures vary from 3a to 4c the kinkiest out there!

I also tend to find people prefer my natural hair. And I have 4b/4c hair (which some maydeem the least desirable, but I love It)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I can honestly say I don't judge people based on race. Why would I?

when you walk down the street.
    person is walking towards you.

apparently you are blind because you cannot see any of the elements of the person walking towards you and reference them to other patterns of behaviour, experiences and events.

you do not see their gender, age, ethnicity, size, state of health, and indications of sexual orientation, income or anything else.

even if you see these things they are pointless information to you because you cannot connect them to other information or experiences.

this is what you claim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fojodef)
    when you walk down the street.
    person is walking towards you.

apparently you are blind because you cannot see any of the elements of the person walking towards you and reference them to other patterns of behaviour, experiences and events.

you do not see their gender, age, ethnicity, size, state of health, and indications of sexual orientation, income or anything else.

even if you see these things they are pointless information to you because you cannot connect them to other information or experiences.

this is what you claim.
    Pretty much. If I see someone walking towards me I'll just think "a person". Nothing about their gender or sexual orientation. Why would that even be relevant to me?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much. If I see someone walking towards me I'll just think "a person". Nothing about their gender or sexual orientation. Why would that even be relevant to me?
    survival.

as human beings we gauge people. are they dangerous? is this friend or foe?

looking for a mate

social navigation

all these things you claim to be mentally handicapped with.

which is bullsh*t

ReputationRep:
    survival.

as human beings we gauge people. are they dangerous? is this friend or foe?

looking for a mate

social navigation

all these things you claim to be mentally handicapped with.

which is bullsh*t
    I don't know where you live but where I live, someone walking towards me isn't a "foe". I don't generally have to decide whether someone is an enemy because I don't live in the ****ing jungle

The rest is bull. You do that by getting to know people

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where you live but where I live, someone walking towards me isn't a "foe". I don't generally have to decide whether someone is an enemy because I don't live in the ****ing jungle

The rest is bull. You do that by getting to know people
    you do realise that its evolved mental processing from a violent time and that not everyone lives in such a safe and happy place as you. tell people living in the most violent council estates in the country if you have to recognise friend from foe. your luxury isnt experienced everywhere luv.

also a lot of women have programmed into them an ability to sense danger from men if they intend to rape. anyone that works in security will tell you about these things. or anyone that knows anything about psychology. or basically anyone who doesnt think we can live off a diet of rainbows and free love.

anyway. the rest is bull? awesome! i'll go and tell those scientists to stop working and burn all their papers books and research. some random air head that thinks theyre jesus christ just figured out its all bull.

ReputationRep:
    you do realise that its evolved mental processing from a violent time and that not everyone lives in such a safe and happy place as you. tell people living in the most violent council estates in the country if you have to recognise friend from foe. your luxury isnt experienced everywhere luv.

also a lot of women have programmed into them an ability to sense danger from men if they intend to rape. anyone that works in security will tell you about these things. or anyone that knows anything about psychology. or basically anyone who doesnt think we can live off a diet of rainbows and free love.

anyway. the rest is bull? awesome! i'll go and tell those scientists to stop working and burn all their papers books and research. some random air head that thinks theyre jesus christ just figured out its all bull.
    Oh God, you're an evo psych? I should have figured. Who else would perpetuate nastiness and discrimination as "it's natural!!1!"

I know a lot about psychology actually, don't assume just because I disagree with you I don't know what I'm talking about. I also find it funny how you insult my intelligence yet can't even use proper grammar and string together a sentence.

I don't think the world is a happy place constantly, however, I don't judge people until I know them. I would not like to be judged hence I do not do it to others. Judging once you know someone is fine

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, you're an evo psych? I should have figured. Who else would perpetuate nastiness and discrimination as "it's natural!!1!"

I know a lot about psychology actually, don't assume just because I disagree with you I don't know what I'm talking about. I also find it funny how you insult my intelligence yet can't even use proper grammar and string together a sentence.

I don't think the world is a happy place constantly, however, I don't judge people until I know them. I would not like to be judged hence I do not do it to others. Judging once you know someone is fine
    my spelling is not limited ability but lack of formality. i dont care to dot the i's and cross the t's when you can comprehend what im saying just fine without them.

however you think psychology is wrong. because you know better apparently. good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    my spelling is not limited ability but lack of formality. i dont care to dot the i's and cross the t's when you can comprehend what im saying just fine without them.

however you think psychology is wrong. because you know better apparently. good luck with that.
    It's just annoying to read.

No, I think evo psych is pseudoscience, which it is.

ReputationRep:
    It's just annoying to read.

No, I think evo psych is pseudoscience, which it is.
    i see and what research have you done to prove that.

ReputationRep:
    i see and what research have you done to prove that.
    I've read several studies, other conflicting ones, and come to my own conclusion based on the evidence available. I don't just accept things, I look into them.

ReputationRep:
    I've read several studies, other conflicting ones, and come to my own conclusion based on the evidence available. I don't just accept things, I look into them.
    reference

ReputationRep:
    reference
    You want me to find every study I've ever read, for and against, post them here? :lolwut: Are you mad? It's a subject I look into because I find it interesting, I don't even have half the stuff saved. You could easily find it yourself if you wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    You want me to find every study I've ever read, for and against, post them here? :lolwut: Are you mad? It's a subject I look into because I find it interesting, I don't even have half the stuff saved. You could easily find it yourself if you wanted to.
    i dont think your stupid enough to genuinely think i was asking you that.

reference not references.

give me 1 reference to 1 thing you've read that proves its pseudoscience without proving that psychology in general is pseudoscience.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think your stupid enough to genuinely think i was asking you that.

reference not references.

give me 1 reference to 1 thing you've read that proves its pseudoscience without proving that psychology in general is pseudoscience.
    Fine, let me have a look and I'll post it when I can be bothered to nfind it. Why you can't just look it up yourself, especially when you're the one who believes in evolutionary psychology, I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    Based on personal experience from growing up in Laandaan, I think Nigerian and Somalian girls are the friendliest, chattiest, down to Earth, prettiest and sexiest. :sexface:

The worst (based on frequency, hear'say, experience, degree of maliciousness) are mainland Chinese nationals girls (mainland China so excluding Hong Kong, BBCs etc) but there are some decent ones. A lot put on my kind, fake front but after knowing them longer, deep down they are petty, sly and selfish. Many of my friends who are HKers, BBCs and even some mainland Chinese agree with this too.
    When at uni, my HK friend had a few mainlander girls in his group and they secretly lowered his participation score for the group coursework in the last minute without everyones approval before submitting it. My HK friend's teacher found it weird that the participation score was so much lower than the others coz the teacher knows my friend is hardworking, therefore asked my HK friend what's going on and then they found out the truth so eventually my mate got a fair participation score that truly reflected his contribution to the group coursework. Those mainland girls are so disgusting for what they did since my HK friend was wrongly accused by them for being lazy but was actually helping another member's part. Decreasing one member contribution marks doesn't mean the others will automatically get higher marks so it made us more furious for them committing this deed. :mad:
    What are BBCs? I tried Googling it and kept getting the site and 'other sites' lol

ReputationRep:
    Fine, let me have a look and I'll post it when I can be bothered to nfind it. Why you can't just look it up yourself, especially when you're the one who believes in evolutionary psychology, I have no idea
    because i've done my own research and disagree with you. i actually just think your dishonest. even without a knowledge of psychology most adults can agree that this is something that people naturally do and that only bullsh*tters say otherwise.

and if you GENUINELY believe yourself when you say that you seriously insight to your own thoughts and reactions to the world and its inhabitants around you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldie56)
    What are BBCs? I tried Googling it and kept getting the site and 'other sites' lol
    British born chinese... as far as I'm aware!?

ReputationRep:
    because i've done my own research and disagree with you. i actually just think your dishonest. even without a knowledge of psychology most adults can agree that this is something that people naturally do and that only bullsh*tters say otherwise.

and if you GENUINELY believe yourself when you say that you seriously insight to your own thoughts and reactions to the world and its inhabitants around you.
    I'm not being dishonest. So you find it seriously hard to believe not everyone is judgemental like you? Says far more about you than it does about me...

This explains a lot of problems with evolutionary psychology

http://jezebel.com/5941433/you-can-t...e-its-not-true

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being dishonest. So you find it seriously hard to believe not everyone is judgemental like you? Says far more about you than it does about me...

This explains a lot of problems with evolutionary psychology

http://jezebel.com/5941433/you-can-t...e-its-not-true
    i can see how your so well informed.
    came out with the hard hitters yeah?

a nobody blogger journalist? really? even a dissertation would of been better than this. i was expecting actual scholarly work.

who even is this women? other than a self aggrandising moron?

i can see why you like her.

judgmental? analytical? engaged? measured? assessing? what ever word you want to use. i have thoughts and conclusions that i make decisions with. like everything else with brain.

when you jump over something you make a judgement of distance and force. its not evolutionary psychology. everyone knows that. but you might aswell be arguing that you dont judge the jump until after youve made it.

because unless you are completely sedentary and make zero choices in your life where people come up to you and interact with your life against your will and choice then your full of b.s.

you make judgements and choices all the time.

you do it before you go and talk to people.

theres a room full of people

you pick 1 to speak to.

why

MYSTERY... voodoo perhaps? maybe god? perhaps you've been reading the secret and have used the power of positive thinking to gravitationally pull this person cosmically out of your arse?

get over your self and stop this idiocy your just making a fool out of your self and longing it out because your too egotistical to admit that your wrong.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.