Hoping for:
A*AB (Need AAA for my firm though)

Expecting: A*AC. Maybe even AAC/ABC :frown:

Will open them in school

No idea how I'll react...

*cries*
(edited 9 years ago)
AS or A2 results?

A2, basically my existence depends upon them.

What are you hoping for?

A*AA (it's my firm's entry requirements)

What are you expecting?

A*AA or AAA - both probably as equally likely as each other. I'm holding on to a hope that there will be spaces available for AAA students come results day also.

How will you open them?

Probably by refreshing my UCAS/College website for the thousandth time.

How will you celebrate / react?

If I succeed: drink. If I do not succeed: drink.
Reply 62
I need AAA but I'm expecting ABB
I will check UCAS track
AS results.

Considering I know I have messed up this year I'm hoping I get above Ds.. :/ BCDD

Expecting BEUU

I will get my envelope, walk down to the bus stop, get on the bus, go home and open them. then cry.

If I get BEUU I will cry. If i dont get any Es or Us I will be happy. Would have loved it if I got Cs and above tbh but i know that aint gonna happen with a sh*tty year :tongue:
Original post by The Room Student
Wow. That's a lottt of essay writing, aha, good luck! What were your GCSE results then? Nice to see someone feeling optimistic. I'm ((hopefully)) applying to Cambridge too.

Thank you and good luck to you too!

GCSEs were 3A*, 6A 1B. Good but not great. Below average for Cambridge and quite frankly I could have done a lot better. Had a **** work ethic.

I'm hoping to apply for English, what about you? :smile:
Original post by The Room Student
What exam board did you do Further Maths on?

edexcel
Reply 67
AS or A2 results?
A2

What are you hoping for?
BBB

What are you expecting?
BCC

How will you open them?
They're on an A4 sheet without an envelope so no opening for me

How will you celebrate / react?
If I get in I will probably smile all day and celebrate by going for a meal :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by perflous
Thank you and good luck to you too!

GCSEs were 3A*, 6A 1B. Good but not great. Below average for Cambridge and quite frankly I could have done a lot better. Had a **** work ethic.

I'm hoping to apply for English, what about you? :smile:

Ahh, they're certainly nothing to be ashamed of, and your AS levels will show how much your work ethic has improved :smile:

Physics! Or the natural sciences, hopefully, I'll have to wait and see...
AS or A2 results? A2

What are you hoping for? ABBB

What are you expecting? ACCB

How will you open them? Think I'm going to run to the car and open them in there, last year I turned up late so it was just me and my friend with all the teachers watching :frown:

How will you celebrate / react? I think I'll genuinely burst into tears no matter what happens, it's been such a stressful year.
Original post by LeaX
AS or A2 results? A2

What are you hoping for? ABBB

What are you expecting? ACCB

How will you open them? Think I'm going to run to the car and open them in there, last year I turned up late so it was just me and my friend with all the teachers watching :frown:

How will you celebrate / react? I think I'll genuinely burst into tears no matter what happens, it's been such a stressful year.

You carried on 4 to A2 eh? Pretty heavy going!

I hope you get the grades you want/need.
i'll do a backflip 360 onto a skateboard, do a kickflip to 50/50 along a desk, snatch my results envelope, heelflip into a wood cutting machine which will sharpen my skateboard into a razor sharp knife, which i will then kick against the wall which will bounce back and slice my envelope open.
A2

Hoping for: 3A*s-A*AA (but all for separate reasons since originally was hoping for A*AB since I got ABC at AS, but somehow I proved myself wrong)

Expecting: AAA or higher, maths and chemistry relying on grade boundaries for the A*s since I know I've gotten As and economics is subjective and depends on how we'll the examiner thinks I've a answered the question.

Will open them at school.

I know I've got the grades so if will definitely be going out to celebrate, I only need ABB for Bristol, and won't go through adjustment so fun for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
AS Results

Hoping for A(*)AAb

Realistic AABb

I will probably open them alone in my bedroom like I did with my GCSE's.

Good - Celebratory meal with friends or family
Bad - Don't even want to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
with my hands.
All pun-makers in this thread...I love you all

Posted from TSR Mobile
A2

Hoping for ABB but realistically all I need is a C in maths and then a B in one of my other subjects to get into my firm (Reading if anyone is interested 😃)

Expecting ABC/ABD/ABE

How I will open them? Well my friend is sleeping at my house the night before so I'll probably walk to school with her and then collect my envelop before doing my usual "I'm too scared to open it!" whilst around me everyone else opens theirs. Eventually I'll gather up the courage to open them. Not sure if I'm checking track before my results or not!

How I'll react: If I get into my firm I'll probably be jumping around hugging my friend (who thankfully hasn't applied to uni this year so I don't need to worry that she hasn't got in to uni) and then hugging my teachers, probably whilst crying. Then I'll phone my parents.
If I don't get into my firm I'll probably sink to the floor and start crying my eyes out!

How I'll celebrate: probably by going out with several of my friends that night and getting drunk (even if I don't get into my firm)! Then probably going out for a meal with my family the following evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scottish Highers (Alevel equivalent)

Want: AAAAA

Estimate: AAABB+

How will I open the envelope: with shaking hands and sweat dripping.

(We don't have A*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
AS

Well I'd be awesome If I got, AAACC :rolleyes:

However, it's probably going to be a little (a lot) less awesome, and a lot more of BBCEU :frown:
Let's just say Physics were not my fav - what were you thinking OCR? Were you on crack making those damn Physics Papers? Ughh :angry:
History wasn't my friend either, The exam paper was actually really good, both papers were, it's just me that has poor essay skills and not enough time. Also, I forgot to cross out my freaking plan and I have a feeling it's not going to end well. :s-smilie:

I will probably open them in school like everyone else, but it would be nice to lay down on my bathroom floor so I can cry in peace after I see how much I have failed at life.

Like I said, probably cry a lot, be angry at myself, hate little on some of my teachers, hate a lot on myself and eat a lot of ice cream.

Oh I am such a ray of sunshine.
Original post by Lexxaa
AS

Well I'd be awesome If I got, AAACC :rolleyes:

However, it's probably going to be a little (a lot) less awesome, and a lot more of BBCEU :frown:
Let's just say Physics were not my fav - what were you thinking OCR? Were you on crack making those damn Physics Papers? Ughh :angry:
History wasn't my friend either, The exam paper was actually really good, both papers were, it's just me that has poor essay skills and not enough time. Also, I forgot to cross out my freaking plan and I have a feeling it's not going to end well. :s-smilie:

I will probably open them in school like everyone else, but it would be nice to lay down on my bathroom floor so I can cry in peace after I see how much I have failed at life.

Like I said, probably cry a lot, be angry at myself, hate little on some of my teachers, hate a lot on myself and eat a lot of ice cream.

Oh I am such a ray of sunshine.

OCR physics was a bit grizzly this year. Next year's AS lot will look at them when revising and tremble with fear!

That aside though, I hope things have gone well, probably better than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest