Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aren't people who eat from high-street fast food shops a bit disgusting? Watch

ReputationRep:
    you guys are sooo bourgeois

ReputationRep:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG my mega chicken burger meal just arrived, 23 minutes left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG my mega chicken burger meal just arrived, 23 minutes left!
    go to broadway plaza dixy

das it mane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    go to broadway plaza dixy

das it mane
    oh on Ladywood middleway yeah? yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertWittyName)
    There's 3 chicken and chip shops in a row near me. Seriously guys, you couldn't have thought to space them out a bit?
    They're probably all run by the same family or something like that. I tend to assume there is a healthy local mafia behind the Indian restaurants and the chicken shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan9900)
    Most fast food chains don't actually offer any food, just chemicals.
    What do you think food is?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more to the idea that it's convenient for people, and it's cheap. I don't eat there though because i'm trying to be more healthy. xD

ReputationRep:
    I work in McDonald's. Obviously I can't speak for every store but ours is ridiculously hygienic. Gloves must always be worn when handling raw meat and if you drop a burger box on the floor, it gets thrown away. I have never heard of food being tampered with in our store.

I'm sorry we look a bit greasy, but if you'd spent 8 hours around grease you would too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love da chicken u mad bro?

ReputationRep:
    Why you so upset by the word 'halal' on takeaways ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Agreed, I personally find the influx of local chicken n chips shops in London to be disgusting.
    The smells,the pollution and the undesirables that consume such rubbish I mean,ugh disgusting.
    I say every fast food joint should be within a quarter of a mile radius from each other and we should also make fast food owners pay more taxes
    Fast food must be banned from public transport and any one seen eating and dumping in such place must pay a heavy fine
    Its because of the price that people go there.
    and food is.banned.from public transpprt isn't it?
    If they made that food more expensive and healthy food cheaper. I guarantee hardly.anyone wouls go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyD)

I'm sorry we look a bit greasy, but if you'd spent 8 hours around grease you would too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    Why you so upset by the word 'halal' on takeaways ?
    He hates Muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Most of the people behind the counter and not trustworthy, they probably mistreat the food and half of them look like they've been dipped in chip fat.

They're so greasy, the tacky customers don't do any favours either, neither does the grubby, dirty food with the word halal written everywhere like it means something??:confused:

I'd never order from there, especially the unknown crappy ones like Chicken Cottage, PFC, Roosters, Dallas. KFC/McDonalds can be trusted more so I believe, but it's still disgusting, these shops should be closed down along with bookies, way too many.
    You are by far the campest, most cultured and particular neo-Nazi I have ever encountered :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, fast food shops are disgusting. Greasy, sweaty people serving food whilst spitting in the drinks.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm reading this whilst eating Mcdonalds...this was not a good move

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, true.

I got SO put off when I saw some guy wipe his sweat in the shop and then touch the chips straight after. I decided to move onto a different PFC. At first that seemed cool but then I saw a guy drop my chicken on the floor in the kitchen behind the counter. Then he had the nerve to pick it back up and put it into my box instead of binning it and giving me a new one! It's things like this which then makes me go to Subway now :|

No matter how clean a food place looks, there will always be that dirty employee ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Its because of the price that people go there.
    and food is.banned.from public transpprt isn't it?
    If they made that food more expensive and healthy food cheaper. I guarantee hardly.anyone wouls go there
    I've never known food to be banned from public transport in the UK. In fact longer train services have food and drinks trolleys that come round like on a plane.

You're not supposed to have food (or drink, but I don't think anyone cares about that if you're careful) on S-trains around the Copenhagen area as far as I know. You can't take anything onto buses here either, not even drinks in a bottle (not even water, I don't think).

ReputationRep:
    I do love me a Zinger burger. So, erm, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Most of the people behind the counter and not trustworthy, they probably mistreat the food and half of them look like they've been dipped in chip fat.

They're so greasy, the tacky customers don't do any favours either, neither does the grubby, dirty food with the word halal written everywhere like it means something??:confused:

I'd never order from there, especially the unknown crappy ones like Chicken Cottage, PFC, Roosters, Dallas. KFC/McDonalds can be trusted more so I believe, but it's still disgusting, these shops should be closed down along with bookies, way too many.
    Have you ever worked in such a place? I presume no.... it usually depends on the management, people are generally hygienic until management decide to cut corners.

Also your just as likely to get rubbish kitchen staff in a much more upmarket restaurants seeing fast food outlets usually have independent inspections by the corporation due to being franchises.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.