Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking About Becoming a Muslim. Ask me Anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fojodef)
    Thinking About Becoming a Muslim. Ask me Anything
    What sets Islam apart from the thousands of other religions which each claim to be the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    What religion do you follow now and what's stopping you from being a Muslim?
    Common sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    What sets Islam apart from the thousands of other religions which each claim to be the answer.
    their community. their support. their generosity, their hospitality, politeness and warm welcome. they also have a nice calmness.

i visited the available religious temples etc to what is available. other than 2 which i havent been to yet.

even if their pitch to me was just good "pimping" skills. they certainly had the best pitch.

ReputationRep:
    their community. their support. their generosity, their hospitality, politeness and warm welcome. they also have a nice calmness.

i visited the available religious temples etc to what is available. other than 2 which i havent been to yet.
    Do you watch the news? I assume you aren't gay, female, black, jewish or outspoken?

ReputationRep:
    Do you watch the news? I assume you aren't gay, female, black, jewish or outspoken?
    outspoken yea. straight, male, white, not jewish.

oh and yea i watch the news

ReputationRep:
    outspoken yea. straight, male, white, not jewish.

oh and yea i watch the news
    Thought so. Islam is as tolerant as Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Sudan.

ReputationRep:
    Are you ginger?

ReputationRep:
    Thought so. Islam is as tolerant as Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Sudan.
    i'm feelin the more a turkish egyptian vibe.

ReputationRep:
    i'm feelin the more a turkish egyptian vibe.
    Which Turks are these? The imperialist Turks who committed the Armenian genocide, or the Egypt that elected an Islamist into power.

ReputationRep:
    Which Turks are these? The imperialist Turks who committed the Armenian genocide, or the Egypt that elected an Islamist into power.
    lol yea

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a muslim too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Do you think Jesus will love you for trying to increase your numbers?

Are you so insecure you need to talk down on Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you misread my post, there's no mention of Jesus or Christianity there and I'm not a Christian nor am I trying to "increase the numbers" of any religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C'est la vie :P)
    Are you ginger?
    lol no

but i keep seeing white ginger muslim guys. its quite funny. and they aint just normal. their full on big beard + hat + dress muslims.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a muslim too

ReputationRep:
    :cool: Where do I sign up??

ReputationRep:
    it may all sound like trivial stuff but i think the culture revolving around islam and community with it was something i found very calming and stilled me stresses somewhat. there was a very still collectedness. it was very stress free. and orderly. and i feel like my life lacks order.
    Oddly enough I dislike this aspect of Islam, particularly the more austere kind practiced by converts. To me there is something clinical and precise about it I can't quite put my finger on but really don't like the feel of.

I think it is a shame if Algerian, Punjabi, Indonesian etc culture gets subsumed by the trend for young Muslims to put their religious identity way above anything else.

It reminds me of a Churchill quote, something along the lines of a Muslim is not allowed any history except Arab history.

ReputationRep:
    :cool: Where do I sign up??
    I will show you.

mount your bicycle...

at dawn... we ride...

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rascar)
    Oddly enough I dislike this aspect of Islam, particularly the more austere kind practiced by converts. To me there is something clinical and precise about it I can't quite put my finger on but really don't like the feel of.

I think it is a shame if Algerian, Punjabi, Indonesian etc culture gets subsumed by the trend for young Muslims to put their religious identity way above anything else.

It reminds me of a Churchill quote, something along the lines of a Muslim is not allowed any history except Arab history.
    its true

ReputationRep:
    Or the Turks who became the world's most advanced and respected Muslim majority nation by becoming zealously secular? (Until the Putinesque Erdogan came on the scene)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rascar)
    Or the Turks who became the world's most advanced and respected Muslim majority nation by becoming zealously secular? (Until the Putinesque Erdogan came on the scene)
    Another reason why Islam is bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.