The Student Room Group

Girl who wears Hijab. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissColly
But a thobe and the hats aren't something they HAVE to wear. I personally think women can dress modestly to keep men's prying eyes away without the hijab. The hijab should be a CHOICE just like the men's hats and thobe. Sorry for the capital letters, I dunno how to use italics on here :s-smilie: For example, a man may pry the same amount towards a woman wearing a hijab and a woman not wearing one, yet dressing modestly. I don't agree that women should be taken away this choice whereas men still have a choice. I'm sorry for the long debate that I've started and I truly did need another persons opinion on this matter. Thanks for all your responses, I hope that your path towards Allah is worthwhile in the end. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But usually a man doesnt pry the same amount on a woman cover
ed with hijab. It can happen, but its usually not the same. A woman can dress modestly in different ways, like i said just wearing hijab is not acceptable. You cant wear clothes that deliberately shows your figure, or clothing items like crop tops. I see why you think we should have a choice, but men dont have a choice. They must wear trousers over the knee and must not be half naked in public. Men are also not allowed to wear skinny jeans, as it exposes their private place. All we have in extra is the hijab. Thats all. Hijab is not another work load, its a blessing. We are given some protection, so i am happy.

The capitals are fine, sometimes they are needed to convey a message hehe.
No, it was nice to talk, and is always better tonhave another persons view on this :smile: I am a Sunni muslim btw.
It was nice to talk to you in particular. You werent rude, like some individuals can be. You have respect.
I hope you find happiness :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
Like i said, the hijab doesnt fully protect us from prying eyes. Men can still look at girls wearimg hijabs and find them beautiful, but thats more associated with men looking at women without hijabs. You see, it gives us that little bit of extra protection. Men, think of women, more than women think of men. Obviously there are some exceptions, but its most likely that way. So we need to cover our selves, more than men need to.

You definitely realize a woman is muslim, more than a man, but sometimes you can realize a man is muslim, by them wearing a Thobe and some hats.

How prevalent is rape in 'muslim' countries where women are required to cover themselves?

Do you think that your claim that a woman who covers herself has extra protection is undermined if the rate of rape is higher in 'muslim' countries compared to western countries?
Yes i would find it offensive. First of all, did you know its haram to draw accurate pictures of humans? It is called Shirk. It is kind of associating yourself to god saying (look at me i candraw accurately like God, like a creator, but ofcourse you're not saying this physically) You can find out why somewhere else, because im not 100% prepared to go into that matter. ( I love drawing, and draw, so it is something i need to work on. I need to stop :P)

Second of all, we dont have the right information of his appearance to draw him.

Like i said haram to draw people accurately anyway, and definitely offensive because it is prophet Muhammed,(peace and blessings be upon him)

Would you be okay with me using my freedom of expression to wear a shirt that depicts prophet mohammed and jesus having an innocuous conversation?
Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯
How prevalent is rape in 'muslim' countries where women are required to cover themselves?

Do you think that your claim that a woman who covers herself has extra protection is undermined if the rate of rape is higher in 'muslim' countries compared to western countries?

I highly doubt that the rate of rape is higher in muslim countries than in western countries.

Anyway i have to go now. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me
Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯
Would you be okay with me using my freedom of expression to wear a shirt that depicts prophet mohammed and jesus having an innocuous conversation?

It would be offensive, to wear a drawing of both prophets a i believe in, Muhammad and Eesa (jesus) peace and blessings be with them both.
However if you want to wear it, how can i stop you? xD
Goodbye :smile:
Salam fellow hijabi ^_^

Where are u from originally and how are you finding ramadan so far sister?
Original post by Secretnerd123
Salam fellow hijabi ^_^

Where are u from originally and how are you finding ramadan so far sister?

Ramadan is going well, and i hope for you aswell inshallah.

I'm from Somalia :smile:
I wear the Hijab. Ask me anything, and i will do my best to answer :smile:

Thoughts on non-Muslim women wearing hijab?
Original post by Chantelle1989
Thoughts on non-Muslim women wearing hijab?

why did you revive a 3 year old thread?? wtf?
Original post by study beats
why did you revive a 3 year old thread?? wtf?

Why do you randomly lose temper? I don't waste my time reading small print. Sorry.
Original post by Chantelle1989
Why do you randomly lose temper? I don't waste my time reading small print. Sorry.

lol what?
Reply 71
I wear the Hijab. Ask me anything, and i will do my best to answer :smile:

I don't know if I should take my hijab off please give me some advice

Quick Reply

Latest