Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I play the violin and love singing
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing Guitar for 3 and a half years, and I guess I'm pretty good. I generally play Rock music, but I can play a variety. I'm self taught, but had lessons for a few months. I also play Bass, Piano, Drums and Ukulele, but I'm competent at best on them.

I play in a few bands. One's a Political Punk band, then there's an alternative rock band and I'm also in a duo, and we play stuff from Ska to Metal and everything in between, but I'm always looking for new projects. I'm 16 and living in North London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekbok)
    I play French Horn, I started playing 7 years ago and I generally play more classical music. I used to play in an orchestra, marching/concert band (we did both) and a horn ensemble, however that was at my school I've recently left. At uni, I'm hoping to join an orchestra and band, though if I don't have the time, I'll only do one.
    YES horn players for the win! There aren't enough of us

ReputationRep:
    I miss my electric guitar at home I'd love to be able to just jam with someone but unfortunately everyone's too busy and I haven't got the money to book the band room!

ReputationRep:
    I play piano. Need to find a place to jam too. I have a keyboard at home so I guess I should use that but it's so bad in comparison to a weighted keyboard or a piano.

ReputationRep:
    What instrument(s) do you play?: I'm a horn player by heart (both tenor and french), but also play all brass instruments to a high standard as well as dabble on keyboard,guitars and drums
    When did you start playing and what sort of thing do you play?: Started to play in 2005 on tenor horn and it slowly grew from there....
    Do you play in a band/ensemble?: Yeah, 2 brass bands a competing and a non competing brass band as well as a jazz group and a function band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leveridge96)
    What instrument(s) do you play?: I'm a horn player by heart (both tenor and french), but also play all brass instruments to a high standard as well as dabble on keyboard,guitars and drums
    When did you start playing and what sort of thing do you play?: Started to play in 2005 on tenor horn and it slowly grew from there....
    Do you play in a band/ensemble?: Yeah, 2 brass bands a competing and a non competing brass band as well as a jazz group and a function band
    I play Piano.

Started at age 11 so 10 years ago now.
    I don't play in a band.
    Jazz group interesting, do you make your own songs?

ReputationRep:
    Hey jazz/classical pianist here as well as a composer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I play flute and saxophone! Currently just in a jazz group but want to find an orchestra or something again as I really miss it! Mostly I prefer playing classical, on both instruments. I've been playing flute for about ten years, and sax for nearly three- got my grade 8 in both of them now! I also love singing in choirs and arranging things for groups, although my composition skills are somewhere around non-existent unfortunately :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I have grade eight in piano. I also play guitar, recorder, and drums to some extent; and have learned violin. Won four first-runnerups and three second-runnerups in regional contests.

I was master of choir back in grammar school, and was also in my hall's choir during my undergraduate years (and was invited to record the centennial album). As a pop soloist, won championship during grammar school and third place in sixth form.

Was the lead vocalist of an a cappella team since 2008 until earlier this year.

Wrote songs, wrote my first musical in eighth grade or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cammybl)
    Hey jazz/classical pianist here as well as a composer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jazz pianist and a composer? Interesting. I want to become a composer for pop music. A John Legend/Stevie Wonder type.

ReputationRep:
    I can play a keyboard, piano and a guitar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I play Piano.

Started at age 11 so 10 years ago now.
    I don't play in a band.
    Jazz group interesting, do you make your own songs?
    Yeah, a few members including myself compose lots of stuff for the group (as well as for outside sources) as well as play standards too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Jazz pianist and a composer? Interesting. I want to become a composer for pop music. A John Legend/Stevie Wonder type.
    At least decent artists who have decent tunes unlike some of the pop icons of today... But yeah I'm more of a 'classical' composer doubt I'd ever make a living from doing it but ah well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cammybl)
    At least decent artists who have decent tunes unlike some of the pop icons of today... But yeah I'm more of a 'classical' composer doubt I'd ever make a living from doing it but ah well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah by pop music I mean people like that, Alicia Keys too.

Something I love about being able to make a song on the piano that has a complex tune that people can sing to.

ReputationRep:
    I sing, song write and play the guitar🎶 I'm 16 now and have been singing since I was 7, and playing the guitar since I was 11 I don't play in any ensemble but I regularly perform at open mic nights and gigs, and sometimes me and my friend (who plays the violin and sings) do a few little shows/gigs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only play piano but I sing too as a hobby. I've been playing piano since I was 10 and first learned classical songs but now I focus more on modern pop songs. I can play David Guetta (Titanium) and others. Currently learning Let It Go from Frozen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonaCurrie1998)
    I only play piano but I sing too as a hobby. I've been playing piano since I was 10 and first learned classical songs but now I focus more on modern pop songs. I can play David Guetta (Titanium) and others. Currently learning Let It Go from Frozen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I dislike super poppy songs.

I am looking to do pop piano but in a more expressive type. Alicia keys and John Legends rather than just the most popular song out there.

In reality I like to make my own style. Some coldplay songs are great to play on the piano(clocks e.g. just feels so beautiful to play)

ReputationRep:
    I can make instrumentals on a Korg micro station I bought, never played an instrument before I bought the microstation less than a year ago but will definitely learn how to play multiple instruments in the years to come. I started writing and singing songs recently, I have songs all over the place on my phone, computer and on paper of all genres, I love it. I have posted a couple of songs on youtube, I go by the name Skag.
    Check out my first song on youtube below if you want.

ReputationRep:
    With the exception of the Baritone, Trombone, and French Horn I play every traditional western instrument to an intermediate proficiency with the exception of choral pieces which I am just staring out on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.