The Student Room Group

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBBQ
Mostly guys, girls are too much effort and trouble and they're a bit crap really

Thanks... we send rainbows and ponies to you too! :rolleyes:
When i was younger (primary school) i got on with girls much more than boys, but in secondary school through to sixth form that changed and i get on more with boys than girls. That being said, i don't get on with every type of boy since most can be complete idiots when in the presence of others, so i have a type who have the same interests and hobbies as mine.
Reply 62
Original post by karmacrunch
Thanks... we send rainbows and ponies to you too! :rolleyes:

Loooooool well most of the ones I know are, my closest friends are girls actually but that's because they seem to be those kind of girls that are just nice to everyone, if you know what type I mean :tongue:

But in my experience.. many of you are trouble :zomg:
Original post by TheBBQ
Loooooool well most of the ones I know are, my closest friends are girls actually but that's because they seem to be those kind of girls that are just nice to everyone, if you know what type I mean :tongue:

But in my experience.. many of you are trouble :zomg:

Haha. Yeah I think I do :wink:

Spoiler

Trouble? Us? Sure... I don't know, some of you guys can be very annoying too!
Reply 64
Original post by karmacrunch
Haha. Yeah I think I do :wink:

Spoiler

Trouble? Us? Sure... I don't know, some of you guys can be very annoying too!

Like the ones that walk into a room and brighten the whole atmosphere because they are so lovely and nice to everyone and everyone loves them? :tongue:

Probably, if it weren't for hormones I bet the world would be in a constant war of man vs woman :lol:
I honestly feel I get on with girls and guys equally. Of my close friends - more are girls atm but I couldn't pin down why that is. I'm not sure guys form the same kind of close friendships, perhaps. Though my closest friend is my boyfriend - that's obviously a bit different.

Amongst both genders there are people I dislike. But I'd say there is more of a tendency for unpleasant girls to form a bitch pack, whereas with guys, there's more of a tendency for there to be one abhorrent dickhead in every group, who is sort of tolerated. Like male bitches are more diluted. I think they can go a bit more unnoticed because of that. Complete stereotype though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheBBQ
Like the ones that walk into a room and brighten the whole atmosphere because they are so lovely and nice to everyone and everyone loves them? :tongue:

Probably, if it weren't for hormones I bet the world would be in a constant war of man vs woman :lol:

Ahh yes, I don't know if I'd like to be one of them constantly though :tongue:

Haha, yes definitely! :giggle:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Movies always show girls with lots of girlfriends, and guys with guy friends, and people always seem to assume you have friends of the same gender. How common is this actually? I've never had female friends, ever. Even as a little girl, I played with boys. My teachers used to remark on it. Even though I now have some female friends, my friendship group is mixed and very male heavy. I've never got on with girls, on the whole they just don't like me. I tend to find girl groups bitchy and I can't be arsed with it

My boyfriend, on the other hand, has loaaaaaaaaads of female friends. I'd say it's about a 50/50 split.

This got me thinking, is it THAT weird to actually prefer friends of the opposite gender?

Do you get on with your own gender? Why/why not?

I went to all lads schools all my life

in uni i lived with just lads

I find its natural more often to be with lads at sport etc...

I find a group of gurls can get bitchy fast..so I prefer a mix

my career is female dominated so im sure itl be more gal mates in times to come
Yes, I get along with my gender. I go to an all boys school though, so don't really have much of a choice when it comes to the gender I usually make friends with
I have no friends. :frown:
I get on with other girls, but my friendship group is mixed, simply because that is how it has worked out.

I go to an all-girls school, but it has a close relationship with its partner all-boys school, and we have some joint clubs and organisations. It's through those joint clubs/organisations I've made most of my guy friends.
I'd say I mostly do. Although there are obviously people who are dicks but I try to get on with everybody.
Original post by ArtGoblin
If you're approaching groups of women with the attitude of "they're bitchy and they're going to hate me" is it really a surprise that they don't like you? Of courseit's going to affect your relationships with them! There are so many different women with different personalities and interests (just like men!) that if you have repeatedly failed to find a female friendship groups that likes you, then that does seem like there's a problem with you. Namely your terrible attitude to women as friends. Have you decided that this feminism thing is taking too long so you're just going to trample on the rest of us to be 'one of the guys'?

It's not that I approach them thinking it, it's just it always happens so I'm unsurprised when it does. I've also never found groups of women interesting.

Yeah I know women have different personalities - and I get on with women who don't hang around in groups of women. Other "guy girls". But in my experience, women in groups are very difficult

No, I haven't. I think women deserve equal rights, I just don't really want to hang around in groups of them
Nope. I very rarely get on with girls and those I do get on with are typically tomboy-ish. I have always felt more comfortable around guys friends and felt like I could trust them more and they were less judgemental.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get along with some girls fine, but that's mostly because they're just like me. I've mostly been friends with boys throughout my life, and any female friends I've had have been the same way.
I just hate how you never get if they genuinely like you or not. Be more upfront and honest, dammit! And for the most part they're never into the same things I am. For this reason, I prefer to spend time with my boyfriend because we like watching the same shows, we like to play Pokemon, watching Indie movies on Netflix, going to museums etc. I mean, if I could get more female friends that like to do that stuff, then that would be great.

Wah, he needs to come back from America :cry2:
Teenage girls are the scum of the earth, a fair amount grow out of it and go on to become loveley people though.
Original post by Yasmin25
Nope. I very rarely get on with girls and those I do get on with are typically tomboy-ish. I have always felt more comfortable around guys friends and felt like I could trust them more and they were less judgemental.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed
Original post by beccagood95
I get along with some girls fine, but that's mostly because they're just like me. I've mostly been friends with boys throughout my life, and any female friends I've had have been the same way.
I just hate how you never get if they genuinely like you or not. Be more upfront and honest, dammit! And for the most part they're never into the same things I am. For this reason, I prefer to spend time with my boyfriend because we like watching the same shows, we like to play Pokemon, watching Indie movies on Netflix, going to museums etc. I mean, if I could get more female friends that like to do that stuff, then that would be great.

Wah, he needs to come back from America :cry2:

YES. It's not that I have a problem with women, more that most women aren't into what I am and seem to dislike me for not sharing their interests. I also get on with other tomboys.

Awww :hugs:

Original post by redferry
Teenage girls are the scum of the earth, a fair amount grow out of it and go on to become loveley people though.

Yeah, I guess I'm not at the stage where they've grown up yet
Get along with both genders equally, although I have more female friends.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It's not that I approach them thinking it, it's just it always happens so I'm unsurprised when it does. I've also never found groups of women interesting.

Yeah I know women have different personalities - and I get on with women who don't hang around in groups of women. Other "guy girls". But in my experience, women in groups are very difficult

No, I haven't. I think women deserve equal rights, I just don't really want to hang around in groups of them

This is as bad as some of the stuff the TSR misogynists come out with. I don't even know how to respond to this - it is so hard to argue against blind prejudice. I just feel sorry for you really - you're missing out with being friends with some amazing people just because they're women.
Almost all of my friends are girls as I go to an all-girls' school. However, I do think I would get on better with guys. I'm not an emotional person, and generally hate talking about my feelings etc. I also get extremely annoyed at people who are overly-dramatic or attention-seeking, and I've found that a lot of girls are (unintentionally). I hate having to read meaning into people's actions because girls just aren't clear. I hate shopping, dresses and shoes and my lack of enthusiasm for prom was potentially world record worthy.
Basically, I'm a really chill person (generally) and I feel like guys would be easier to be chill with. A lot of my interests would correspond with guys too- I like gaming, marvel universe (not DC, plz.), comics, sci-fi, science etc. I also have a nastily dirty sense of humour, something that does shock a lot of girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending