Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the best player in the premier league/who will have the best season next year? Watch

• View Poll Results: Best player in the premier league
    Sanchez
    7.26%
    Ozil
    6.45%
    Hazard
    12.90%
    Mata
    1.61%
    Diego Costa
    2.42%
    Daniel Sturridge
    4.84%
    Raheem Sterling
    3.23%
    Robin Van Persie
    4.03%
    Vincent Kompany
    3.23%
    John Terry
    1.61%
    Fabregas
    4.03%
    Mertesacker
    0.81%
    David Silva
    1.61%
    Sergio Aguero
    8.87%
    Yaya Toure
    34.68%
    Other
    2.42%

ReputationRep:
    Very close call between Hazard and Toure but I gave it to Hazard because I think Toure might be able to get out of the BPL this summer, he clearly wants out and there is no way at all he would be allowed to go to a premier league rival.
    Players like Sterling and Sturridge need to have another big season before they can be considered as the best whilst if players like Fabregas, Mata, Ozil, Silva and Aguero perform as well as they can they will be right up there as well.
    I get that it was just a list that you made up but I would say Sterling, Terry and Mertesacker have no right to even be considered. Sterling has only had less than 1 good season whilst Terry and Mertesacker have had fantastic careers but are no longer good enough to be up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    His final pass is usually very good, a bit similar to Ozil in that respect.
    Yeah I agree. Wasn't having a go at the guy, just noting how him (and Özil) rack up GOAT stats without really seeming to do much.

ReputationRep:
    Voted for Fabregas.

Although I would have voted for David De Gea if he was on the list because I am a gloryhunting scum biased United fan

ReputationRep:
    ^Lol and more lol

ReputationRep:
    Well I voted other. More out of principle than anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Imo it has to be Yaya Toure.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking Premier League performance here, if so how can Costa and Sanchez be on that list when they've yet to play a single game in the league?

Goalkeeper - David de Gea
    Full back - Pablo Zabaleta
    Centre back - Laurent Koscielny
    Centre mid - Yaya Toure
    Winger/Attacking mid - Eden Hazard
    Striker - Sergio Aguero

(Original post by Alex Doran)
    I think Toure might be able to get out of the BPL this summer, he clearly wants out and there is no way at all he would be allowed to go to a premier league rival.
    Where would he go? Real have signed Kroos and he won't go back to Barcelona. Leaves PSG who can't afford him without completely ignoring FFP, and Bayern Munich who probably wouldn't pay the transfer fee/wages required.

ReputationRep:
    there is no great player in the premier league. Like it or not the best players always move to spain For example la liga has ronaldo, neymar, kroos, messi, suarez, di maria etc. To answer your poll though i said toure although he won't be in the premier league for much longer because he is heading back to monaco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Are we talking Premier League performance here, if so how can Costa and Sanchez be on that list when they've yet to play a single game in the league?

Goalkeeper - David de Gea
    Full back - Pablo Zabaleta
    Centre back - Laurent Koscielny
    Centre mid - Yaya Toure
    Winger/Attacking mid - Eden Hazard
    Striker - Sergio Aguero

Where would he go? Real have signed Kroos and he won't go back to Barcelona. Leaves PSG who can't afford him without completely ignoring FFP, and Bayern Munich who probably wouldn't pay the transfer fee/wages required.
    he said he wants to return back to monaco

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand why Rooney isn't part of the poll. He got 17 goals and 11 assists (IIRC) last season for a woeful Manchester United. He is one of the league's best players but definitely not the best though.

Don't understand the poll tbh. What is it based on? Based on last season or in general? If last season then no idea why Fabregas, Costa and Sanchez are on the list. If its based overall (taking into account of other seasons) then why isn't Rooney involved and why is Sterling there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Don't understand why Rooney isn't part of the poll. He got 17 goals and 11 assists (IIRC) last season for a woeful Manchester United. He is one of the league's best players but definitely not the best though.

Don't understand the poll tbh. What is it based on? Based on last season or in general? If last season then no idea why Fabregas, Costa and Sanchez are on the list. If its based overall (taking into account of other seasons) then why isn't Rooney involved and why is Sterling there?
    Essentially this. That's why I voted other but lol at Rooney being left off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Essentially this. That's why I voted other but lol at Rooney being left off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rooney isn't the best striker in the premier league, it's between Sturridge and Aguero for that. With Aguero winning by a decent distance. I made an other option for a reason.

That's why Rooney isn't involved here.

I think that the team you play or have played for predetermines your ability more than how good you actually are. That was part of the reason why I included those summer signings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Stylo92: "Why isn't Ross Barkley on this list?"
    :lol:

Then you see his sig with that man and the opening credits to some show.
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    Aguero. All time greatest goals per minute figure speaks for itself.

Toure, Silva, next on the list probably.

Then van Persie.

Hazard, Sturridge, Koscielny, Mata, Kompany make a top 9.
    Disagree with Silva, still think Mata>Silva. Stat's wise Mata is a machine and he strings the play so well. A team plays better football with Mata in it than without it. Silva does work harder than Mata off the ball and he has more presence on a game though. Mata will help string the play and will get you more goals and assists than Silva.

Also RVP has had a turbulent season and a pretty poor world cup. In the knockout phases he was subbed off in each game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    :lol:

Then you see his sig with that man and the opening credits to some show.

Disagree with Silva, still think Mata>Silva. Stat's wise Mata is a machine and he strings the play so well. A team plays better football with Mata in it than without it. Silva does work harder than Mata off the ball and he has more presence on a game though. Mata will help string the play and will get you more goals and assists than Silva.

Also RVP has had a turbulent season and a pretty poor world cup. In the knockout phases he was subbed off in each game.
    Like I say, sometimes it just comes down to personal preference.

Turbulent because of lack of motivation, a poor team around him, fitness problems, tactical ineptitude from other players etc, all were caused by Moyes.

He was also clearly only half fit at the WC and still was excellent, look at his build up play for the penalty a few days ago. 4 goals and the semi finals as a starter at a WC can't really go down as a poor WC. Plus as I say, he was half fit. Give him some time off to recover from Moyes and we'll see something approaching his best under van Gaal.

ReputationRep:
    Yaya Toure. If he wasn't African/Muslim he would have won the PFA player of the year and ballon d'or by now.

ReputationRep:
    Just goes to show how far the league has fallen in terms of the best talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Yaya Toure. If he wasn't African/Muslim he would have won the PFA player of the year and ballon d'or by now.
    You don't seriously believe that, do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    You don't seriously believe that, do you?
    I don't know but I do believe that kurt angle will return to wwe.

ReputationRep:
    David silva is one of the most underrated players in the world in my opinion and im a man u fan, never understood why he was overlooked in the spain national team. He just thinks too fast and is always a few step ahead. he can do a quick 1-2 or that slight pass that just takes out 4-5 players and plays in someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    David silva is one of the most underrated players in the world in my opinion and im a man u fan, never understood why he was overlooked in the spain national team. He just thinks too fast and is always a few step ahead. he can do a quick 1-2 or that slight pass that just takes out 4-5 players and plays in someone.
    He isn't overlooked he starts for spain

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.