Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I didnt find it too inspiring.

The question of the thread is what can you do with a third.

The poster said 'more study' which is not quite what the OP meant. They also said how the interview really helped, I suspect it was the income stream.
    If you are referring to my post, the point was, whatever you want to do, keep trying, whatever it is. There was a lot of negativity in this thread and I thought I'd post something nice.

ReputationRep:
    My step cousin (I guess that's what she is ) got a third in Maths from Manchester. She found it very difficult to find work for a while, but eventually she found a good job for a bank in London. I think she's an analyst of some kind.

ReputationRep:
    Go in to teaching

ReputationRep:
    Not many schools would not accept a 3rd class degree

Nightworld1066

Sorry typo error

ReputationRep:
    You could wear it as a fancy hat.

ReputationRep:
    My advise is to apply for work, especially agencies, on your CV write down the name of the modules you took,
    and try gain experience in your chosen field, Perhaps if you can't get agency work you might have to volunteer a few hours a week, it is worth it as employers will favor you more than someone who has studied all their life.
    I don't mean, stop studying, improving yourself, just take a break from study, gain experience or travel the world and then go back to study. Have you tried part time study at the colleges or online learning.

Keep focused and don't give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blues Clues)
    Become Carol Vorderman.
    Cambridge student so normal rules don't apply.

Or are we using sarcasm here.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It's not the end of the world - for example my Dad never put his degree classification on his CV and was never asked about it at interview. You can just put "with honours" or whatever. That was quite a few years ago though, I guess things have changed a lot since then

You would probably have to work your way up or try and get into a small company to get some experience. Most big graduate recruiters probably wouldn't go near you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    Does it really depend on the university though? surely a first is still a first no matter where you get it from.
    People seem to forget that there is moderation and external examiners involved in University examination processes , plus of course the requirements of accrediting organisation / professional regulators ...

Add in the fallacy, all too common on TSR, that entry grades reflect difficulty rather than competitiveness of entry

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I now feel like ending it all I am not lazy or stupid

Saying things like that are rude and thoughtless and maybe if you had a brain you my think twice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.