Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BEST vs WORST - Post the best and the worst films you have ever watched. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dynostatic)
    1- Couldn't agree more, he is not even close to being funny.
    4 - It wasn't too bad, but very overrated- Also when it came out it had the best CGI VFX.
    Avatar's effects were brilliant, if I was ranking on effects alone, it would be a top film.

It's just a shame they couldn't have used more of that large budget on the plot!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dynostatic)
    4 - It wasn't too bad, but very overrated- Also when it came out it had the best CGI VFX.
    Did you, at any point, think that this wasn't CGI? No? It wasn't the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Did you, at any point, think that this wasn't CGI? No? It wasn't the best.
    Yes I did, and the quality of CGIs is not necessarily how they look( though in Avatar they were pretty good IMO)
    The quality also depends on the motion of objects, non-repetitive behavior in different situations and interaction of objects in the environment. So in Avatar they had at least 10 main objects( the aliens, the big birds, the predator animals in the jungle, air crafts etc) and they were all unique ( not simulations of pre-existing objects from earth, although they were inspired by them to some extent ). and they perfectly fit in the environment.

So I think yes, it was definitely the best the year it came out ( in the category of visual effects )
    let me know what other films had top CGI

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.