Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 'sick of living with my parents' thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    39 days til I move out again.. :eek::adore::ahee::awesome::banana::banana2::bban::beer::bhangra::bl::borat::bumps::ciao::danceboy::dance::evilbanana::gah::groovy::headbang:

Mum always be asking me where I've been after going out, seems like a natural response and all really but after a while it gets really annoying.. like, mind your own business, I don't ask you where you've been every time you go out, in fact I've never asked you that before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Having just graduated for the 2nd time I'm back at home while I look for jobs. I'm gonna give it till October, then I'm going to start applying for EVERYTHING just so I can finally move out.
    Why not apply for everything now as well as what you want to do. And if you get a job at something you don't want to do you can carry on looking but at least you will have some money coming in.

ReputationRep:
    My parents pretty much leave me alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Why not apply for everything now as well as what you want to do. And if you get a job at something you don't want to do you can carry on looking but at least you will have some money coming in.
    Because I'm a qualified healthcare professional and it makes sense to focus in that area of work. I've not lost hope yet I've only been trying for 2 weeks and have already had an interview. I already have a casual job here so there's money coming in, the issue is living at home!

ReputationRep:
    me too i'm sick of living with parents, wish i was financially independent and had my own place.

ReputationRep:
    I only have a part time job, its nearly impossible to have your own place with just a part time job at minimum wage

ReputationRep:
    I should set up in business. Do you reckon "Fab Dad Hire" works?

ReputationRep:
    I tried online freelancing but couldnt get it up and running

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who enjoys living with their parents? Save & invest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    Currently back at home for Summer after getting my first taste of independence in my entire life during my first year of university. Come from a small, boring former mining town with a population of roughly 30,000 town with nothing to do, no job prospects beyond probably working in Asda because there's nothing else here. Hate my life back at home and never want to come back after I graduate from university and I'm not a family person, not close to my family or anything. I'm a city person, love the atmosphere of a city, the liveliness, multiculturalism and varied languages, religions, races, people etc and aspire to move out to a city when I graduate and get a job. About to go into second year of university and secured myself a 50 week contract so I don't have to come home for as long during the next summer holidays which is great.. I'll still have to come home for 3 weeks at the most though which is a pain. I just got back from my university city, just turned 19 and parents are considering charging me rent to live in the house I've grew up in for 18 years even though I don't even have a job or any income at all besides student loans and even though I'm paying for my own food with left over student loans from last year. I also was at university for 9 and a half months and during all that time I only ever went home for 5 days in total during the Christmas holidays because I hate going back home.

Let's see you top that, son.
    This is exactly how I feel.

It's nice to see my parents but I hate living with them. They interfere with my daily life to the point where me and my mum have arguments.

I love the city vibe. I love how you can walk by almost unnoticed and get on with your life.

This ******* area where my parents live suffocates me.

Glad I'm going to Canada for three weeks in three weeks! Then I'll be going straight back to my city on my return....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    Am I the only one who enjoys living with their parents? Save & invest!
    Depends how big your room is, how much space your parents allow you to have and if they get on your case about 'paying your way' all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    Depends how big your room is, how much space your parents allow you to have and if they get on your case about 'paying your way' all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People are quick to say negative things about rooms in university halls, I think the most common description of them is describing them as being almost like being in a prison due to the small size..the thing is , I don't mind it.. I have everything I could possibly need in any standard room. Thing is, my room back at home is like 4 times as bigger so there's a lot of move around space for lack of a better term, but the thing is, all that extra room I have in my room back home is just quite simply, unnecessary, I have no need for that extra room. :confused: I actually like the small size of university rooms because there's no unnecessary space and it gives off the feeling of a more small, cozy living environment, for me at least.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who doesn't mind this? I will probably be with my parents until next summer, but have a plan to leave, and will hopefully have saved a five figure sum by the time that happens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.