Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimrodstower)
    What is wrong with you, if I give you directions, I don't need to hold your hand and take you there. I can find the info so can you, if you decide not to that say's more about you than me, are you worried you might learn some truths. Information is out there for those who want to find it, if you prefer to stick your head in the sand, fine.

I forgot to mention by the way, when you commented on my "rant", were you implying that Rants are in some way bad? I would much rather rage against injustices, than give in to the bullying tactics of the BBC, and their henchmen.
    Stating something as fact does not make it so. You're attempting to use facts in your argument and yet unable or unwilling to provide evidence of these. Why should I need to go and research the information from secondary sources that you're seeking to rely upon?

Rants are not necessarily bad, just ineffective in my opinion. Better to reason your arguments with factual information.

Just for the record, and as should be clear from the Tv Licence FAQ; I am very much against the licence fee and the way it is enforced, however ranting about facist, henchmen and dictatorships is hardly likely to further the cause and more likely to alienate your points from the general public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Stating something as fact does not make it so. You're attempting to use facts in your argument and yet unable or unwilling to provide evidence of these. Why should I need to go and research the information from secondary sources that you're seeking to rely upon?

Rants are not necessarily bad, just ineffective in my opinion. Better to reason your arguments with factual information.

Just for the record, and as should be clear from the Tv Licence FAQ; I am very much against the licence fee and the way it is enforced, however ranting about facist, henchmen and dictatorships is hardly likely to further the cause and more likely to alienate your points from the general public.
    Go find your own information, I will continue to post as I see fit. Most of the information on the website I posted, comes from correspondence to and from TvLicensing, under the Freedom of information act. Just because you think it is fallacious, does not make it so, you have not even confirmed that you have looked at it.

Rants are just as convincing, when evidence is posted with the rant. Sitting there and agreeing, then apologising for the Licence fee is not logical, I am not the type to turn the other cheek. So you keep on apologising, I will keep on ranting.

ReputationRep:
    Go find your own information, I will continue to post as I see fit. Most of the information on the website I posted, comes from correspondence to and from TvLicensing, under the Freedom of information act. Just because you think it is fallacious, does not make it so, you have not even confirmed that you have looked at it.

Rants are just as convincing, when evidence is posted with the rant. Sitting there and agreeing, then apologising for the Licence fee is not logical, I am not the type to turn the other cheek. So you keep on apologising, I will keep on ranting.
    I have found my information, hence writing the FAQ and answering a majority of the Tv Licence threads on here for the past several years. Most of these threads are asking for facts, not opinions.

I didnt suggest the information on that link was untrue, merely that you're still yet to provide the specific information I asked for in order to support the original point you made.

Clearly you think a rant is likely to be most effective in influencing people against the licence fee and best of luck to you in your crusade. I prefer to present people with the facts and let them form their own opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I have found my information, hence writing the FAQ and answering a majority of the Tv Licence threads on here for the past several years. Most of these threads are asking for facts, not opinions.

I didnt suggest the information on that link was untrue, merely that you're still yet to provide the specific information I asked for in order to support the original point you made.

Clearly you think a rant is likely to be most effective in influencing people against the licence fee and best of luck to you in your crusade. I prefer to present people with the facts and let them form their own opinions.
    Where do I find the FAQ on TV licensing? is it on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Where do I find the FAQ on TV licensing? is it on TSR?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=598313

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I am off for a quick rant, LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)

I just looked at the FAQ, here is a glimpse of your facts, one simple question, with one simple factual answer.

Do I need a licence if I only use my TV for playing consol games?

Nope

That's a nice factual answer, but it could lead to disaster for the questioner, if he takes it at face value, there is more to the picture than meets the eye here. Especially when you read what TV licensing suggests for such people.

My whole point of my Ranted posts are to warn people of the pitfalls of this rotten act, how it works in real time, not just a series of black and white answers, The last thing anyone wants is to be prosecuted under this Act, your chances of not being fined are very slim, with TV Licensing claim of a 99.9% conviction rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    1. The BBC costs 40p a day - this is miniscule when you consider buying a copy of the Daily Mail everyday for a year would cost double, when regardless of how you view the quality of the content, the Beeb offers far more channels and radio.
    I didn't realise that the Daily Mail, a newspaper, offered fewer television and radio channels than a television and radio broadcaster. I will have to reconsider my purchases in light of this information.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.