The Student Room Group

Ended up in halls with a muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Infinity_4652
Well yes, I know but I want to know your reasons for what you said in that post

You don't get it do you? It was response to what the OP said that she wouldn't like to be in the halls with a Muslim so I thought I as a Muslim should say that I wouldn't wanna share the halls with non Muslims.
Reply 61
Only narrow minded people will have a problem with you, but apart from that you should be fine. My friend is Muslim and he so happens to be the most racist person I've ever met lol. He will take the stereo type on the chin and crack a terrorist joke at any given opportunity, he's crazy lol. That said, I think Scotland tends to be more accepting than England. (No offence to any English people) but yeah, if you aren't super strict and don't have extreme views then you should be absolutely fine. :smile:
Original post by Roger1
You don't get it do you? It was response to what the OP said that she wouldn't like to be in the halls with a Muslim so I thought I as a Muslim should say that I wouldn't wanna share the halls with non Muslims.
yes that makes perfect sense
wtf lol such a stupid thread.
Reply 64
Original post by Roger1

you misunderstood the thread
Original post by Roger1
A homophobe can be nice tbh.

As a rule, no. Anyone who picks and chooses who they are nice to based on things people cannot help or change isn't truly nice. They're just an ass.

Original post by C-Rooney
That said, I think Scotland tends to be more accepting than England. (No offence to any English people)

I've seen things come out the back end of a bull that were more true than that. Scots are as bad as the English (if not worse depending on where you are) but, either way there are idiots of both nationalities that make the rest look bad.

In fact, because of those "people", we in the UK overall seem to think we're a more racially judgemental place than we actually are. We're actually far more concerned with what you do, how you talk and how you dress than your skin and faith. I'm sure OP will have no problem in halls as long as he doesn't start pray too loud in the morning after a heavy night.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by itsdiddlingtime
I've seen things come out the back end of a bull that were more true than that. Scots are as bad as the English (if not worse depending on where you are) but, either way there are idiots of both nationalities that make the rest look bad.

In fact, because of those "people", we in the UK overall seem to think we're a more racially judgemental place than we actually are. We're actually far more concerned with what you do, how you talk and how you dress than your skin and faith. I'm sure OP will have no problem in halls as long as he doesn't start pray too loud in the morning after a heavy night.

Ahh, you're offended? Cute.
Ahh, you're offended? Cute.

What offends me is the fact you assume I'm English and have taken offence on their behalf. I might live here, but that doesn't mean i'm one of them.

Also, as it goes, I took a pretty neutral and relatively informed stance considering the stereotypes most people jump to in this type of conversation. I'd recommend reading with your head instead of your misplaced national pride next time.
Reply 68
What offends me is the fact you assume I'm English and have taken offence on their behalf. I might live here, but that doesn't mean i'm one of them.

Also, as it goes, I took a pretty neutral and relatively informed stance considering the stereotypes most people jump to in this type of conversation. I'd recommend reading with your head instead of your misplaced national pride next time.

"Misplaced national pride" mildly amusing. "Doesn't mean I'm one of them" relax welshy.
"Misplaced national pride" mildly amusing. "Doesn't mean I'm one of them" relax welshy.

Hehe! Keep trying dude. :P You'll never guess. But, it's too hot to sleep, so keep guessing. Amuse me.
Reply 70
Hehe! Keep trying dude. :P You'll never guess. But, it's too hot to sleep, so keep guessing. Amuse me.

Hmmm. New Zealand?
I'd rather not be living with a Muslim but I wouldn't put up a fuss or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm. New Zealand?

You took a leap there and I respect that, but no. Way off.
Reply 73
You took a leap there and I respect that, but no. Way off.

USA, right?
USA, right?

In another life I could have been, just not this one.
Reply 75
In another life I could have been, just not this one.

You're from Ireland?
You're from Ireland?

Now we're cooking with fire! My grandmother is in fact Irish! That's about it though. Not quite got it yet.
Reply 77
Original post by jesscann1
you misunderstood the thread

It's the title. Sorry.

As a rule, no. Anyone who picks and chooses who they are nice to based on things people cannot help or change isn't truly nice. They're just an ass. .

Your opinion as an atheist. He isn't one so don't force your views on him. I leave it at that.
Reply 78
Now we're cooking with fire! My grandmother is in fact Irish! That's about it though. Not quite got it yet.

Northern Ireland? :colondollar:
Northern Ireland? :colondollar:

Nope. And you know what? It's cooled down, so, thanks for playing the weirdest and most terrible icebreaker game ever to pass the time. The answer was Malta. Chances are you've never even noticed it on a map if you've even heard of it. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending