They look like knock-off pyramids.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdude)
    Ugliest goes to East Anglia

thought that was a power station
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    The Universities of Medway (Greenwich, Kent and Canterbury Christ Church campuses) buildings are wonderful, I'm so glad I'm going there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCL for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mansun)
    If only Nottingham was a middle class city, and that the main campus was orientated so that you faced the Trent Building head on rather than from the side as you walked to and fro. That would have made it a truly awe inspiring place to be, enough to topple Oxbridge itself possibly. Though it is very good just as it is. The city itself is kind of dirty and ridden with crime, but that is true of London and all big cities. Oxford and Cambridge certainly have a darker side a mile or two from the university areas.
    Which part of the city had you been?

ReputationRep:
    No-one even mentioned Birmingham yet? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Loved Edinburgh and Bath.
    The city, not the campus I'd imagine :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway is really pretty.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

LSE's student union building is pretty nice once you get used to it, although not as stunning as some of the really old buildings mentioned above.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    No-one even mentioned Birmingham yet? :s
    This.

Old Joe and the Great Hall and all those red brick buildings are just gorgeous, though some of the newer buildings are pretty boring

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Aerial_2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  99.7 KB

Yale University. Right up there with Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locksher)
    This.

Old Joe and the Great Hall and all those red brick buildings are just gorgeous, though some of the newer buildings are pretty boring
    I like the campus at Birmingham, the main buildings look very nice, as does the tall clock tower. I also think the university is underrated, it is a solid top 20 university, and deserves a bit more recognition and popularity.

ReputationRep:
    Which part of the city had you been?
    I have been in the centre of Notts, and around the main campus. Notts is not a nice city, but as a student that doesn't matter as the campus is HUGE and very impressive. The amount of money they are pumping into the new developments will make Nottingham the world's best at this rate.

ReputationRep:
    I like the campus at Birmingham, the main buildings look very nice, as does the tall clock tower. I also think the university is underrated, it is a solid top 20 university, and deserves a bit more recognition and popularity.
    I'm pretty sure Birmingham already has this status. Ask anyone who has any idea about higher education, and Birmingham will be in their top 20. It's a very popular choice for undergrads as well - it's a redbrick Russell Group located in the centre of England.

ReputationRep:
    I have been in the centre of Notts, and around the main campus. Notts is not a nice city, but as a student that doesn't matter as the campus is HUGE and very impressive. The amount of money they are pumping into the new developments will make Nottingham the world's best at this rate.
    I know you went to Notts, but your zealous admiration for it is quite weird.... Nottingham will have the best campus in the world?! Do you really believe that?!

ReputationRep:

But wasn't that 5 years ago when you graduated...

ReputationRep:
    But wasn't that 5 years ago when you graduated...
    I do pop into Notts now and again on business. I am back there next week ironically. Notts isn't that bad by UK standards, but compared to the stunning Edinburgh it is a shambles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParetoOptimum)
    I know you went to Notts, but your zealous admiration for it is quite weird.... Nottingham will have the best campus in the world?! Do you really believe that?!
    Visit for yourself. The main campus is already one of the very best in the UK. The Jubilee campus is state of the art and very innovative in architecture. It does seem like Notts is making a big effort in spending it's way to being a dream university experience as far as the campuses are concerned.

ReputationRep:
    I do pop into Notts now and again on business. I am back there next week ironically. Notts isn't that bad by UK standards, but compared to the stunning Edinburgh it is a shambles.
    To be fair I find it quite the opposite: I find people more nicer in Nottingham, I can ask random people for help whilst in scotland people try to avoid me.

ReputationRep:
    I like Bath as I see two sides of the coin, the architectural monstrosity that is the university campus its self, and the Georgian paradise in the city below.

Also, I think Nottingham is highly over rated in this respect.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.