The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Audio and Music Technology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by owenb4
All the freshers events are being posted on the Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/bucksfreshers2014 and the SU's twitter. There's an Oktoberfest event in freshers fortnight which I am so going to.

I agree we should all meet up for the first night event. Cheap alcohol, like minded musicians, loud music. What could possibly go wrong? Let the good times roll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a plan Owen, plus it will give me a chance to find out artists that are not hip hop artists haha
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 61
It's personal preference really James G, i have used Logic but I prefer ProTools. But it's what your comfortable with but if I were you I'd get familiar with both to be safe :smile: and Owen sounds good to me, give us all a good chance to meet, hang and get to know everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
We all do look really like minded! It's definitely gonna be a laugh on our course :biggrin: yeah, going to the events as a group sounds good, I'm up for wheatus should be a laugh :P
Original post by Eve21
It's personal preference really James G, i have used Logic but I prefer ProTools. But it's what your comfortable with but if I were you I'd get familiar with both to be safe :smile: and Owen sounds good to me, give us all a good chance to meet, hang and get to know everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm familiar with Fruity Loops, Studio One, Logic and Garageband. Pro Tools is the one i haven't had the chance to use yet
Reply 64
If you need any help James G I'm happy to help before classes start :smile: I've got all my equip with PT and it will surely be with me at uni!! :smile: and kissarmy sounds sick! Wheatus ftw :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eve21
If you need any help James G I'm happy to help before classes start :smile: I've got all my equip with PT and it will surely be with me at uni!! :smile: and kissarmy sounds sick! Wheatus ftw :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

What Midi Keyboard have you got??? I've got M-Audio Keystation but i am upgrading to an Akai Max49. Looks like an excellent Midi Keyboard
Reply 66
I wish I had a MIDI keyboard, I'm more recording side.. I write lyrics and compose as I have been in bands before and would love to be in another band but I haven't had the opportunity yet :3 I have a focusrite Safire interface, thunderbolt into my mac then recording is simples :') I have used MIDI keyboards before but I don't have the privilege of owning one aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a Presonus Audiobox 22vsl , Nice piece of equipment but alot of people have told me to buy a focusrite interface as well but I've not decided if I'm going to buy one. Decisions Decisions haha
Reply 68
Haha buying my focusrite was the best decision I ever made :') nerve racking!! But it's sooo good!! :3 I'd recommend one, but go for a 18in/18out get the most for your money :smile: I really wanna buy a Micro Korg.. I LOVE those things :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will probably buy one soon, My audiobox 22vsl is a bit old now haha & Micro Korgs are the best haha. Akai do some pretty good equipment
Reply 70
Haha go for it man! You won't regret it :smile: you gotta love the lil' micro Korg it's beautiful!! :3 and I have had a play on a few of their drum machines, but in all honesty I can't remember the model but I would love to have another venture with akai equipment :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was probably an Akai MPD or an MPC. I've wanted an Akai MPC Renaissance for quite a while now but the lack of funds has stopped me from getting one. Need to fork out £700 for one of those bad boys & unfortunately its £700 that i don't have :frown:
Reply 72
I think it was an MPC thinking about it!! Aha I know what you mean, I need a new guitar amp as mine blew up but I haven't got the money to fork out either :') wishful thinking ey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha very wishful thinking, Can't wait for this course to start, Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun with the people that are on the course.
Reply 74
Equipment, especially in this industry is very expensive, definitely wishful thinking :') and I totally agree! Super excited, everyone seems cool!! Add me on fb if you want... I hardly use it and I never update anything on it but it's easier than here :smile: https://m.facebook.com/eve.t1996?ref=bookmark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, it's so expensive. I mean for a good pair of speakers like KRK Rokit 6's cost £250 & I will add you on facebook, i agree much easier than on here but it was good to meet people on the course
Reply 76
I need some monitors but my house hasn't got the space, maybe at uni :') aha and cool man, gimme message on there :3 all of you are welcome to add me and gimme and message! It's nice to meet people on the course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm defo getting some monitors for Uni but then i have to worry about soundproofing and I'm not sure the Uni will allow me to put soundproofing panels on the wall :frown:
Reply 78
Hmm I may invest! Need monitors and and amp :') and all the mics I want!!! Aha and oh yeh, **** man... I read in the contract that may not be aloud :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone has any questions about the area let me know. I was born very close and live here, whilst I don't go to the uni I know a fair bit about the town etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending