Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do straight guys treat gay guys mean? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i think young men of all persuations are sex-mad a large part of, their lif but straight men generally get to a point of settling down and having a family, and this matures them. gay men also nowadays can have a family, but you still get the impression they havent matured, even 50 year old gay men go to night clubs to pickup gay one night stands.
    Still? If you're going to think it's okay for men to do it to girls then don't think it's dodgy the other way round is my point.

As for practically every male being sex-mad, I disagree. I'm not sex-crazed at all and to be honest don't have an interest in it at all.

ReputationRep:
    i think young men of all persuations are sex-mad a large part of, their lif but straight men generally get to a point of settling down and having a family, and this matures them. gay men also nowadays can have a family, but you still get the impression they havent matured, even 50 year old gay men go to night clubs to pickup gay one night stands.
    Have you ever been out on a Saturday night? Places are full of old heterosexuals copping off together. Pretty much the reason I don't like going out on Saturdays anymore.

(Original post by JayJay-C19)
    To be honest. I know the people I have grown up with and this is based on them so I disagree with basically everything you've said. My analysis of events and attributes are correct to these people and to be fair, it was too many from too many different places to make me think it was area specific and it's different elsewhere.

But, of course, you may have your opinion.
    i think its still fair to say that many gay men and straight women share a great deal of common interests ( shagging men aside) - waxing, plucking eyebrows, makeup, celeb gossip, reality tv, musical theatre, being *****y about fashion, office gossip, dancing energetically in late nite clubs etc .

Now you may accuse me of 'crass generalisation' and im aware of exceptions but you cannot deny that straight men in general dont share such interests whereas many gay men do. already gays and women have a lot of common interest to talk about

[QUOTE=TroyAndAbed;48607309]Have you ever been out on a Saturday night? Places are full of old heterosexuals copping off together. QUOTE]

yes, up to a certain age. straight men tend to grow out of this by early to mid 30s, often becuase they had kids, majority of gay men dont have kids. i dont often see 50 year old heterosexuals copping off together in nightclubs- and i doubt you do either

ReputationRep:
    i think its still fair to say that many gay men and straight women share a great deal of common interests ( shagging men aside) - waxing, plucking eyebrows, makeup, celeb gossip, reality tv, musical theatre, being *****y about fashion, office gossip, dancing energetically in late nite clubs etc .

Now you may accuse me of 'crass generalisation' and im aware of exceptions but you cannot deny that straight men in general dont share such interests whereas many gay men do. already gays and women have a lot of common interest to talk about
    Saying that gay men share an interest in waxing and all that rubbish is SO stereotypical but whatever you believe. :rolleyes::closedeyes:

(Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Have you ever been out on a Saturday night? Places are full of old heterosexuals copping off together.
    yes, up to a certain age. straight men tend to grow out of this by early to mid 30s, often becuase they had kids, majority of gay men dont have kids. i dont often see 50 year old heterosexuals copping off together in nightclubs- and i doubt you do either

Saying that gay men share an interest in waxing and all that rubbish is SO stereotypical but whatever you believe. :rolleyes::closedeyes:
    i can guarantee that in a survey of straight men, many many more will cite football as a shared hobby than celeb gossip or eyebrow plucking.

Still? If you're going to think it's okay for men to do it to girls then don't think it's dodgy the other way round is my point.

As for practically every male being sex-mad, I disagree. I'm not sex-crazed at all and to be honest don't have an interest in it at all.
    i find that hard to believe or perhaps you are an odditty, i suggest you lookup apps like Grinder and their popularity

ReputationRep:
    Go out to some clubs/bars that don't play the top 40 on repeat & there will be heterosexual 50 year olds getting off/on the pull. Obviously not every 50 year old heterosexual is doing this but similarly neither is every 50 year old of any other sexual orientation. You can't just base your argument about a whole group of people on a few examples.

ReputationRep:
    i can guarantee that in a survey of straight men, many many more will cite football as a shared hobby than celeb gossip or eyebrow plucking.
    Yeah did I argue that? No I purely said that you're assuming men who like men love makeup and waxing purely because they like men. No. I don't know ANY gay men who do any of the things you stated bar a couple like the fashion side of things but that's of great interest to LOADS of heterosexual men considering so many males are sheep in todays world and follow whatever everyone else does aka fake tanning has now become a huge thing and that ridiculous haircut where they have all their sides shaved purely because joey essex did it.

Believe me, I know an awful lot of gays. But you think what you will.

ReputationRep:
    i find that hard to believe or perhaps you are an odditty, i suggest you lookup apps like Grinder and their popularity
    I suggest you look apps like Tinder & their popularity. People aren't using Tinder to find the love of their life.

ReputationRep:
    Grindr*

Don't believe it then? I honestly don't care; you don't even know me and I'm telling you now, I'm 16 and have no interest in getting into bed with another guy yet. Of course, I think a lot of men are really hot and whatever but actually banging them - no interest.

Go out to some clubs/bars that don't play the top 40 on repeat & there will be heterosexual 50 year olds getting off/on the pull. Obviously not every 50 year old heterosexual is doing this but similarly neither is every 50 year old of any other sexual orientation. You can't just base your argument about a whole group of people on a few examples.
    you should see you are the one basing an argument on a few examples - im stating one based on the general reality, you will not find 50 year old straigth men and women copulating to the extent of gay men picking each other up in gay clubs. gay men histroically, have not gotten married and obviously never till now had families in gay relationship, whereas straight men it is the social norm to settle down with a family , so the adolscent shagging around, in general , ends there. obviously there are exceptions, but they are minority. gay men seem not to reach that stage till much later in life. the gay club scene , it seems anyway, s all about gay men hooking up for sex. perhaps you can correct me , but where a straight man may meet a girl in a supermarket and take her out for dinner few times before having sex, two gay men will be at it int he toilets of the niteclub after 3 drinks

ReputationRep:
    you don't even know the stories my brother told me, my brother is a real gay, who lives the gay lifestyle, you'd be surprised what gays start to say when they are drinking and hanging out together, my brother is a real gay and he told me some of these stories, only gays could know

I suggest you look apps like Tinder & their popularity. People aren't using Tinder to find the love of their life.
    i agree about tinder, but didnt you know grinder was there first, and tinder jsut copied the idea. the gay 'hook up scene' has been around for ages - even stephen fry explained i think on top gear, once how gays used to give signals to each other in public like wearing an ear-ring on one side or a handkerchieif or scarf to pickup in bars for nsa sex. grinder is jsut modern equivalent.

point being that picking up nsa sex is a big part of the gay culture

ReputationRep:
    You talk about homosexuals as if they're untamed animals

Yet I bet you don't think it wrong of men to constantly seek sex from women, like practically everyone they speak to but its so wrong for gays to do the same with men... General statement.
    I was exaggerating if you couldn't tell, but you get what I mean I dont want them to think of me in that way.

ReputationRep:
    little do you realise by treating them mean you are keeping them keen (on your backdoors)
    Then im screwed

ReputationRep:
    you should see you are the one basing an argument on a few examples - im stating one based on the general reality, you will not find 50 year old straigth men and women copulating to the extent of gay men picking each other up in gay clubs. gay men histroically, have not gotten married and obviously never till now had families in gay relationship, whereas straight men it is the social norm to settle down with a family , so the adolscent shagging around, in general , ends there. obviously there are exceptions, but they are minority. gay men seem not to reach that stage till much later in life. the gay club scene , it seems anyway, s all about gay men hooking up for sex. perhaps you can correct me , but where a straight man may meet a girl in a supermarket and take her out for dinner few times before having sex, two gay men will be at it int he toilets of the niteclub after 3 drinks
    This is a very old fashioned way of looking at things. Women are much more sexually liberated now so things like one night stands are much more common. If you think all women need to be wined & dined before having sex, you can not have a very good idea of the club scene. You can see guys fingering girls on dancefloors & there are those weird sex parties in clubs on holiday islands. You can't compare a homosexual trying to find a one night stand to a heterosexual trying to find a girlfriend as it isn't a fair comparison.

Grindr*

Don't believe it then? I honestly don't care; you don't even know me and I'm telling you now, I'm 16 and have no interest in getting into bed with another guy yet. Of course, I think a lot of men are really hot and whatever but actually banging them - no interest.
    maybe you are a bit too young to really know about the culture and scene then. i actually knew some gay people for a long time in work and even go for after work drinks with everyone. one time i heard about one of their partners who did it so much in the backside, that he lost all sphincter control, would keep ****ting himslef becuase the muscle became so weak and stretched. he was having sex with 8-10 men a week!! of course this was the point the straight men left the table

This is a very old fashioned way of looking at things. Women are much more sexually liberated now so things like one night stands are much more common. If you think all women need to be wined & dined before having sex, you can not have a very good idea of the club scene. You can see guys fingering girls on dancefloors & there are those weird sex parties in clubs on holiday islands. You can't compare a homosexual trying to find a one night stand to a heterosexual trying to find a girlfriend as it isn't a fair comparison.
    again i agreed that the scene exists for hetro, and women are on ons. but this in reality is a youth thing, if you are still goign to nightlcubs and getting fingered on dancefloor then you are probably a 20 something girl. if a guy meets anice girl somewhere, or is introduced by friends etc, he doesnt finger her straight off the bat, get dates he for a bit . again i dont know if this concept is alien to you or the gay sence, but im aware that gay men , espec in big cities like liverpool mancs and london, hook up for sex very regularly. women do so too, but i doubt its as common ( per capita )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.