Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you saw someone being raped, what do you think is more important? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAintDead)
    I am not very agile or strong, so chasing after them would result in a massive failure. I'd probably try to at least catch a good view of their appearance before going back to the obviously traumatised victim. Then at least with a description, I could report the incident to the police.
    This. The best chasing after the rapist would do where I'm concerned is getting the **** beaten out of me or getting lost. Sod that.

ReputationRep:
    If they looked unthreatening enough that I'd approached in the first place, I'd probably chase them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    I'd rape the rapist. See how he/she likes it.
    LOOOL

but then somebody would rape you for raping the rapist to see how you like it

then that person would get raped for raping you to see how they like it

then that person would get raped for raping the person that raped you to see how they like it

I am stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hit him/her with my maths book, knock the ****er out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    When you see someone being raped, whether that's female or male and presumably you approach to get rid of the rapist, would you run after him/her to capture them for the police before assisting the person? or would you assist the person who has just been raped first, but the person gets away?

I had a debate with a friend, and he think's you should assist the person first, because of the traumatising experience, but I don't, this means that the vulgar rapist can get away more easily.
    I wouldn't sacrifice myself for a women crew, I'm no longer a disposable male.

I would call the police/ambulance first. I would then make some noise from a distance, the rapist would most likely run away. The rapist would probably have some form of weapon, so I wouldn't approach the rapist.
    Not sure if a female would want to be approached by another male whilst naked after being raped. I would defiantly throw a jacket/jumper to her then stand a couple meters away.

If the rapist was unarmed then I would just deck him so hard.

ReputationRep:
    I would say capture the rapist first as that will result in justice for the victim. What use is assisting the victim immediately after when she may not get justice as the vile rapist may never be caught, and then she is too scared to leave her house again. Once you've caught the rapist and ensure he is arrested for what he has done, you can assist the victim. I think the victim is far more likely to thank you for capturing the rapist as it will benefit her in the long term to know he will be brought to justice.

Assisting the victim = short-term impact
    Capturing the rapist = long-term impact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    LOOOL

but then somebody would rape you for raping the rapist to see how you like it

then that person would get raped for raping you to see how they like it

then that person would get raped for raping the person that raped you to see how they like it

I am stupid.

Nope you are smart. Even i did not think of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    Nope you are smart. Even i did not think of that.
    haaa
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably help the victim and try and get a good look at the attacker, im just a young girl myself so i'd hardly be able to physically restrain him so there wouldnt be much point.

ReputationRep:
    Assist the victim.

I also don't want to get in a fight with perpetrator if I can avoid it. So if they run off that sorts out that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    I would say capture the rapist first as that will result in justice for the victim. What use is assisting the victim immediately after when she may not get justice as the vile rapist may never be caught, and then she is too scared to leave her house again. Once you've caught the rapist and ensure he is arrested for what he has done, you can assist the victim. I think the victim is far more likely to thank you for capturing the rapist as it will benefit her in the long term to know he will be brought to justice.

Assisting the victim = short-term impact
    Capturing the rapist = long-term impact
    What if the rapists wanted seconds with you?

I don't get it how young girls would say they would try restrain/approach a rapist after he just subdued a woman.
    The victim would most likely have been severely incapacitated, leaving you with the sole responsibility of defending yourself against a man. I would guess it wouldn't take much to knock a girls lights out, so would you seriously risk it?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    Besides, even if I hypothetically restrained the rapist, what then? I can't keep a man down while juggling my phone to phone 999, and I'd think the victim having to stare at his/her rapist in the face until help came would dig the traumatisation deeper.
    Sit on the rapists face, problem solved

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.