Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sick of summer already. Winter needs to hurry up! Anyone else feel this way? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Well played. 20 points.

ReputationRep:
    I'm never quite happy; I look forward to summer in the winter to get away from the bitter cold but by mid summer part of me is craving the cold. Basically spring and autumn for the win XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    And when it's winter, you'd be the first to cry for summer:rolleyes:
    Actually i've always been a winter person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Its just too hot and mehhhh. I miss winter where it was nice and chilly and i'd make hot chocolate and read with the heater on

I sound like a right grouch but i'm just not a summer person
    No! stop being such a wierdo, just wear a t shirt and shorts if its getting hot. absorb some vitamin D, it will make you look and feel healthy and probably improve your attitude

ReputationRep:
    I love the attitude of some people on here.

"Your preferred season does not match with mine, therefore you are wrong and I shall explain why."

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, summer child....Winter is coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    No! stop being such a wierdo, just wear a t shirt and shorts if its getting hot. absorb some vitamin D, it will make you look and feel healthy and probably improve your attitude
    I'm not a weirdo, i just prefer winter more. I'm not calling you weird for preferring summer am I?

(Original post by DannyYYYY)
    I love the attitude of some people on here.

"Your preferred season does not match with mine, therefore you are wrong and I shall explain why."
    Lol just my thoughts

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a weirdo, i just prefer winter more. I'm not calling you weird for preferring summer am I?

Lol just my thoughts
    it is weird for you not to realise you can jsut wear shorts in the summer to cool off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    it is weird for you not to realise you can jsut wear shorts in the summer to cool off
    Well, I don't like wearing shorts for various reasons i'd rather not discuss. Is that weird too eh?

ReputationRep:
    I like the summer weather unless the wind isn't blowing into my room, because it gets so sweaty and hot, and I can never sleep, whereas in winter I sleep fine. That muggy warmth and rain that comes between the periods of sunny warmth is the worst though, you have to stay inside to stay dry but it's humid and damp. Probably doesn't help that I don't have a fan.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't like wearing shorts for various reasons i'd rather not discuss. Is that weird too eh?
    yes.

what about a skirt / summer dress

you can go for a swim at the beach

ReputationRep:
    I love winter, cold and snow beats any other type of weather hands down for me. I am still scarred from last year's prolonged autumn so I can't wait for this winter! Still though summer storms can be interesting too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    why is everyone complaing about the weather?????
    it's not even humid and not even 30C yet.
    this is warm not even hot.
    british people need to man up and enjoy the vitamin c they're getting.
    winter is very depressing and who wants to wear a jacket 24/7 and sleep with like 4 blankets??
    Vitamin D*

EDIT: I see someone else has already called this one out

ReputationRep:
    I love autumn - cuddling up under a blanket with a good book, hibernating all day, getting to wear comfy jumpers and scarves - but I love warmer weather as well. There's something about waking up to sunshine that brightens my mood and I love being able to have my first cuppa of the day sat in the garden. Just being able to chill in the garden in general is lovely. I struggle when it starts to get too hot but most of the time I'm grateful for the contrast. As much as I love my jumpers, I love my summer dresses too.

ReputationRep:
    No way! We hardly get a summer as it is, and now we're finally have one you want it to be over?! You're crazy haha. I hope it stays hot until September.

ReputationRep:
    Autumn and spring would be best for longer term seasons
    Problem with British weather is that it get very extreme and London is horrible place to be in summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    London is horrible place to be in summer
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    Both seasons have advantages over the other for me:

Summer:
    Longer days
    Don't need to spend as much money on heating
    Can travel lighter on holiday - less clothes
    Everyone's chirpy
    Summer sport, like Wimbledon, Test cricket, international football worth watching
    Beer festivals
    Tube isn't as packed as people are on holiday
    Can enjoy the outdoors more
    Suntans
    Barbecues
    Easier to wake up in the morning and get to work

Winter:
    Easier to sleep as it's not sticky and the sun doesn't come up at a silly hour
    Football season
    Christmas
    My favourite winter sport: cross country
    Scope for more expressive fashion for men
    Snow is pretty
    If you get cold, you can always put more clothes on - you can only take so much off
    Pubs aren't as packed with 'beer garden' crowds whose pub etiquette leaves a lot to be desired

Overall, I personally prefer summer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.