Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your parents tell you that you are pretty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope,NEVER.
    It's always about how skinny I am😑
    How much weight I've lost blah blah .
    How I'm so skinny I won't wakeup one day (Exaggeration guys!)
    When I'm stressed I can't eat ,I can go 2 days without food (I don't know how).
    2 years of Alevels have stressed living hell out of me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Yeah, my mum always tells me I look pretty, and she always tells me compliments people say to her about me. My dad also tells me I look nice.
    She's obviously not lying :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    When I used to have crying fits about being ugly to my mum, she would say I'm pretty, but other than that - nah.
    You had crying fits to your Mum about being ugly? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My mum, yes. She lies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'veGotAHadron)
    She's obviously not lying :rolleyes:
    Do you have some sort of problem with me?

ReputationRep:
    I never compliment my kids on looks but by actions and conduct.

(Original post by I'veGotAHadron)
      You had crying fits to your Mum about being ugly? :rofl:
      ... Why is that funny?

ReputationRep:
      Haha everyone knows Tyrion is extremely good looking :lol:

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't worry about this stuff too much. I get told a lot your 'hot' 'beautiful' but it doesn't mean anything... I see it as people just being nice. Or certain people like the way you look, doesn't mean everyone will. My mum has always told me I was pretty but sometimes I think she says it because she is my mum. All parents like to think their children are beautiful.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My ex boyfriend to me was the handsomest man on this earth. Many people thought he was butt ugly, and many others thought he was hot. There is no black or white between whether someone is hot or not. Some people perceive you as hot, some will not.

I once did face modeling. Some people thought I was fit for a model, some people thought I was not. It depends, I don't believe you can say whether someone is hot or not. It really is depends on perception. There are guys out there who like me and I bet there are guys who think I am ugly. Either way I don't care much, I've found what I like a few times, and so will you.

ReputationRep:
      My mum obviously. My dad on the other hand rarely tells me because he's not the type to spill out his emotions, so whenever he does compliment me, I feel extra special

ReputationRep:
      Yep my mama does but that's just because she's my mum. My dad occasionally tells me I look nice which he never used to, so he's learning haha.

ReputationRep:
      Both my parents tell me I'm pretty but my mum will also tell me if I look like I've gained weight (she said I looked 'pudgy' >:C) or if I look awful in something. She'll also tell me some compliments that she's heard from other people but sometimes I think she makes these up to make me feel better. :erm:

ReputationRep:
      My mum just tells me I look old now because I started growing a beard and moustache lol.

ReputationRep:
      Yes.

http://s18.postimg.org/c4b6y9j2x/thxmum.jpg

luv u mummy :hugs:
      Attachments Pending Approval
    • File Type: jpgthxmum.jpg (7.8 KB)

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.