Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Debenhams Restaraunt Assistant Telephone interview! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwalk24)
    Aww well done I told you!and I know well mine were suppose to ring today and still havent so waiting too
    Did they say anything yet?
    If not I would call to check up just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorganite)
    Did they say anything yet?
    If not I would call to check up just in case
    Nooo if they don't reply to me tomorrow I'll ring up and inquire because they said they let you know either way!

ReputationRep:
    Nooo if they don't reply to me tomorrow I'll ring up and inquire because they said they let you know either way!
    Yeah that would be the best thing to do. Mine said Wednesday for mine which is tomorrow so we could both find out tomorrow :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would be the best thing to do. Mine said Wednesday for mine which is tomorrow so we could both find out tomorrow :/
    Just really annoying I've had to wait so long

ReputationRep:
    Just really annoying I've had to wait so long
    Yeah, I'm still waiting as well
    Really annoying as well. But I got till the end of the day I guess :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm still waiting as well
    Really annoying as well. But I got till the end of the day I guess :/
    It is, you'll have to let me know if they call you

ReputationRep:
    It is, you'll have to let me know if they call you
    Like you still haven't heard anything

I'll allow them some time because I did think 2 days was quick to be honest and I would say for me to wait a week before I call them up or anything. I hope it happens tomorrow or something at least.

Thing is she was saying how it would definitely be today that she would call
    If I were you I would call them up to check if they have decided but didn't decide to call or anything to ease the waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Like you still haven't heard anything

I'll allow them some time because I did think 2 days was quick to be honest and I would say for me to wait a week before I call them up or anything. I hope it happens tomorrow or something at least.

Thing is she was saying how it would definitely be today that she would call
    If I were you I would call them up to check if they have decided but didn't decide to call or anything to ease the waiting.
    It's so annoying and yeah they told me 10 days! and I know I'm gonna ring somepoint soon, and it's so frustrating because I waited so long too find out nothing yet, really unreliable and I will tomorrow I'm going to ring the HR department and see what's going on

ReputationRep:
    It's so annoying and yeah they told me 10 days! and I know I'm gonna ring somepoint soon, and it's so frustrating because I waited so long too find out nothing yet, really unreliable and I will tomorrow I'm going to ring the HR department and see what's going on
    Best of luck there. Tell me how the talk with HR goes. Hopefully it'll be something like they are still deciding or something

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck there. Tell me how the talk with HR goes. Hopefully it'll be something like they are still deciding or something
    Thank you and I will do, I'd rather ring HR because it's going straight to the top plus my interviewer was swapped so I can't ask them really I don't know I may just ring the store up and ask and I hope so! just annoying as I always think they've rejected but they said to me you find out either way, did they tell you that too?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and I will do, I'd rather ring HR because it's going straight to the top plus myaterviewer was swapped so I can't ask them really I don't know I may just ring the store up and ask and I hope so! just annoying as I always think they've rejected but they said to me you find out either way, did they tell you that too?
    I would just ring both if one doesn't help really If you do HR they can check directly and find out what's wrong. And yeah mine said she would call with the results of my imterview which i assume means whether i passed or failed

ReputationRep:
    I would just ring both if one doesn't help really If you do HR they can check directly and find out what's wrong. And yeah mine said she would call with the results of my imterview which i assume means whether i passed or failed
    Called today. Didn't get the job

Said that I was a really strong candidate and all and that if there was another space she would give it to me, but the person they employed had more experience.
    She said that she would leave me for a Xmas Vacancy, (I couldn't really hear her at this point). So it could mean I have a job if they ask for sales advisers or I have to go straight to interview again

ReputationRep:
    Called today. Didn't get the job

Said that I was a really strong candidate and all and that if there was another space she would give it to me, but the person they employed had more experience.
    She said that she would leave me for a Xmas Vacancy, (I couldn't really hear her at this point). So it could mean I have a job if they ask for sales advisers or I have to go straight to interview again
    Awww no that's so annoying, I hope you're okay and at least that's something I guess, and you can learn from that. I rang yesterday and they're suppose to ring me sometime this morning, so I'll let you know my fate too! But don't let it get you down, you did your best

ReputationRep:
    Awww no that's so annoying, I hope you're okay and at least that's something I guess, and you can learn from that. I rang yesterday and they're suppose to ring me sometime this morning, so I'll let you know my fate too! But don't let it get you down, you did your best
    I know. Just keep looking and move on really
    Nothing more to do. And hope they do call this time

ReputationRep:
    I know. Just keep looking and move on really
    Nothing more to do. And hope they do call this time
    Yeah exactly and I hope so

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.