Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most annoying teacher phrases Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if your teacher said this you should report him/her to the authorities.

you may well be in line for substantial compensation.
    its okay though coz shes fit

ReputationRep:
    "your attendance is low"
    that single line annoys me to death

ReputationRep:
    Suck it for 30 seconds and you'll get an A.

ReputationRep:
    "Not good enough" - when you give an excuse

"Well, wake up earlier" - when an unforseen problem occurs.

ReputationRep:
    These exams are important :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    I hate when a teacher would have a conversation with the class about making a mess in the form room and how the cleaners had complained about the mess. "It's not their job to clean up after you" But it is though, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I hate the artist one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why did you even bother coming to my lesson

ReputationRep:
    "can I go to the toilet" "I don't know, can you?"

"im finished" "wait I thought you were British"

"your mum"

and yes these are all quotes from just one of my teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0ls)
    I hate when a teacher would have a conversation with the class about making a mess in the form room and how the cleaners had complained about the mess. "It's not their job to clean up after you" But it is though, isn't it?
    We used to get this pretty much week! Even reading your post brought back angry feelings :lol: What do the cleaners actually expect, working in a place full of children?

School cleaners must be an exceptionally lazy breed if they really do moan (which I don't actually think they do, I suspect it's a bizarre teacher thing). At work I recently apologised to one of our cleaners for creating a lot of rubbish, and he just laughed and said "really, it's no problem at all, it's my job"

ReputationRep:
    *Teacher Yells* 'SHUT UP'
    'I'm going to call leadership!!!!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Well it's more of an army cadets one, but when they want something done quick they always say "and with the speed of a thousand gazelles be gone." So annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where do you do army cadets?
    Was that a joke 'cause I chuckled inside.

ReputationRep:
    pull down your trousers and spread your cheeks.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be very cross with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    Where do you do army cadets?
    Was that a joke 'cause I chuckled inside.
    Caistor, mine wasn't a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    We used to get this pretty much week! Even reading your post brought back angry feelings :lol: What do the cleaners actually expect, working in a place full of children?

School cleaners must be an exceptionally lazy breed if they really do moan (which I don't actually think they do, I suspect it's a bizarre teacher thing). At work I recently apologised to one of our cleaners for creating a lot of rubbish, and he just laughed and said "really, it's no problem at all, it's my job"
    In my school, that phrase was necessary! The cleaners had to get hepatitis shots because students were urinating on the floor and pooping on the toilet lids. It's horrendous to walk into the girls' toilets, only to find a used sanitary towel stuck to the wall.

There was so much litter outside that we ended up with seagulls nesting on the school roof, waiting for food. It pains me to say that I've been pooped on at lunch. Multiple times.

ReputationRep:
    "Uh! You should know this by now"

Sor-ry. Not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    We used to get 'How long's a piece of string?'
    The amount of times I heard that from my design teachers... that seriously drove me up the wall lol

It's from the middle to the end twice

ReputationRep:
    When they say there's no wrong answer to the question so you'd answer and they'd say "No, that's not what I was thinking... try again."

I must have forgotten to go to mind reading 101 :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    In my school, that phrase was necessary! The cleaners had to get hepatitis shots because students were urinating on the floor and pooping on the toilet lids. It's horrendous to walk into the girls' toilets, only to find a used sanitary towel stuck to the wall.

There was so much litter outside that we ended up with seagulls nesting on the school roof, waiting for food. It pains me to say that I've been pooped on at lunch. Multiple times.
    I feel your pain! All girls schools have the worst toilets in the history of toilets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.