Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Any reputable sources?
    I'm on my phone but look it up, skin doesn't take in oxygen and pores don't have muscles so can't open/close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    ..Not just special occasions but everytime you go out.
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    You use the clarisonic? Women rave about thay stuff! Is it worth the hype?
    It's awesome but expensive. It makes your skin really soft, exfoliates deeply and prevents breakouts. Olay do a similar product which is about £20 and it works nearly as well, considering it's over £100 cheaper I'd definitely recommend buying it, seeing if you like it then potentially move onto clarisonic if you fancy splashing the cash. Both are definitely worth having, skin is pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StayCee089)
    Awh man. I'd literally look a dwarf next to you.. I am a mere 4'11. DONT LAUGH YO. Thats pretty tall though ;o
    Did you know that you're only 1 inch off being classified as a dwarf! You should apply to be in the next hobbit film, I reckon you'd be in with a shout!

ReputationRep:
    I wear under eye concealer and mascara for when I'm at work or in town because I don't like my dark circles and then if I don't look tired, I can pretend I'm not! I tend to like wearing blouses and jeans when I go out because it's smart but simple. I like making more of an effort with clothes if I'm meeting up with friends. I don't adjust my makeup or hair for most occasions, especially my hair as it's so straight no amount of heat will distort it. So honestly the difference between me as usual or me going out for a special occasion is the clothing, which I do make an effort with. Everything else isn't too important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    Did you know that you're only 1 inch off being classified as a dwarf! You should apply to be in the next hobbit film, I reckon you'd be in with a shout!
    If I do you had best watch it! Multiple times haha

ReputationRep:
    If I do you had best watch it! Multiple times haha
    Get a room guys. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    :sexface:

well hello there my friend..
    I remember your guess my race thread but never got the answer..

So what race are you

I got really curious when you kept saying now to all the guesses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy spending 0 minutes applying make-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    Yup!
    What makeup do you wear?

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    I enjoy spending 0 minutes applying make-up.
    You're not a girl -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trustno1)
    I remember your guess my race thread but never got the answer..

So what race are you

I got really curious when you kept saying now to all the guesses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm Afghan
    I don't look it though. I've been asked if i was adopted many times lmao :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Get a room guys. Jeez.
    Wait.. what xD we're on about hobbits its hardly sexy

ReputationRep:
    Wait.. what xD we're on about hobbits its hardly sexy
    I have a thing for hobbits/dwarves actually. Don't be so discriminatory.

ReputationRep:
    I actually own no make up lol. If i need it for special occasions i use my sisters or my mum's. But yh i do put effort into my appearance through my clothes,and hair sometimes when i can be bothered to sort out the curly mess

ReputationRep:
    I guess so Probably a bit vain but I want to look in the mirror and find myself attractive, not just for the boys :3 I genuinely don't even like being in front of my family with no makeup on or in just some joggers. Perhaps that's weird... never mind
    Do you have to stand on a box to see yourself in the mirror?

ReputationRep:
    No its a waste of energy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    I'm Afghan
    I don't look it though. I've been asked if i was adopted many times lmao :lol:
    I thought you were white lmao

Seriously stop derailing my thread.

ReputationRep:
    I have a thing for hobbits/dwarves actually. Don't be so discriminatory.
    OMG... Hobbits are love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    I almost agreed but why do you need the boost? To feel confident in yourself, yes. But confident to do what? Hold yourself properly, I suppose? But then for what? To attract a mate. It always deduces to being attractive. Which is fine, attraction increases sex increases population. We all groom for attraction subconsciously but there are people who exist and who have spoken right in this very thread who consciously do their makeup to impress or attract or feel bad without it. I see how you are differentiating yourself from that type of girl, and that's where I agree, I am the same. But it typically boils down to being confident to be found decent or attractive.
    Dunno man, that's a dodgy argument. Some women just like the confidence it gives them, without paying much attention to the attractiveness/sex thing necessarily. My girlfriend likes dressing nice and all that purely because it makes her happy. I see it. We could be going to a goddamn film where she'll be sat in the dark for two hours, but it makes her happy, perhaps more outgoing. I don't think it's a sex thing.

Women just plain like looking nice. Always have, always will. Doesn't mean they're on a perpetual hunt for a man. And tbh, I find it quite an endearing quality, and try to catch up in my own effeminate, metrosexual way.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh that was low Mr I have a thing for hobbits Might have to bring Frodo in to meet you :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.