Where would you rather live, Las Vegas or Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you rather live in Las Vegas or Riyadh
    Las Vegas
    60.78%
    Riyadh
    39.22%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I love how you said you'll meet a beautiful wife. How would you even go about "meeting" her? You can't talk to women and you'll probably have to buy her or get an arranged marriage, hardly "meet" like you said in such a Western way.
    yes i will, i will go to her and ask her for her dads number so we can get to know each other with her dad present.

ReputationRep:
    Las Vegas obviously.

I hope never to set foot in the vile, reactionary ****hole that is Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    yes i will, i will go to her and ask her for her dads number so we can get to know each other with her dad present.
    :rofl: how romantic!

ReputationRep:
    :ROFL: how romantic!
    it's the islamic way.

ReputationRep:
    Love how people make assumptions of Arabia without actually going there and get their information from the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Las vegas, dumbest question ever asked.

Vegas is heaven compared to Saudia Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    Not sex objects, just objects.
    Unfortunately its to do with the culture and not religion. Its all across the Asian countries.

ReputationRep:
    Las Vegas.

ReputationRep:
    I love how you said you'll meet a beautiful wife. How would you even go about "meeting" her? You can't talk to women and you'll probably have to buy her or get an arranged marriage, hardly "meet" like you said in such a Western way.
    Come one, come all!

Behold, yet another example of the shocking ignorance of the average Brit to any non-western culture.

For just a small fee you can stare at this wild beast, see it make it's wild accusations and unfounded statements, it has been known to have no understanding whatsoever of genuine culture and day to day life of those outside of it's own habitat and feeds of a steady diet of media misinformation and soft-racism.

Populations have expanded in recent years but they are still truly a wonderous sight to behold in spite of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Las Vegas obviously.

I hope never to set foot in the vile, reactionary ****hole that is Saudi Arabia.
    It's actually pretty fantastic, been twice 9/10 would go again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    lol u need to step up your trolling game, that was a 2/10.
    I think it's a fair question.

What if she did look very much like a man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Come one, come all!

Behold, yet another example of the shocking ignorance of the average Brit to any non-western culture.

For just a small fee you can stare at this wild beast, see it make it's wild accusations and unfounded statements, it has been known to have no understanding whatsoever of genuine culture and day to day life of those outside of it's own habitat and feeds of a steady diet of media misinformation and soft-racism.

Populations have expanded in recent years but they are still truly a wonderous sight to behold in spite of this.
    What he said was true. What are you gonna say next? All the stuff we hear about Saudi Arabia is a lie?

Spare me the tin-hat crap, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic if you're male and a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Vegasssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    What he said was true. What are you gonna say next? All the stuff we hear about Saudi Arabia is a lie?

Spare me the tin-hat crap, thanks.
    Most of the stuff you here is total nonsense, sorry to say.
    No tin-hat, I am a White-Irish Brit borne and raised in England, been to saudi Arabia and visited Mecca and Ridyah for extended periods and have family who live there.
    Most of the **** that is sprouted about it , is just that...****.

Most Muslims and Saudi's meet a girl the same way you do i.e through friends and general social situations.

Hell I have been to four Muslim weddings in the past two years(my own included) and not one of them was arranged, every one of the couples met through work/university/social clubs etc.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic if you're male and a Muslim.
    Nope, plenty of my female Muslim friends, bum the crap out of it as well.
    Hell my wife want's to live there, it's me who has to constantly say no.
    My sister(Non-muslim) went and moved there.

What's wrong, get upset when stereotypes wither?

ReputationRep:
    What's so great about it?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a fair question.

What if she did look very much like a man?
    looks aren't important for me so it wouldn't matter. our kids wud be strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    What's so great about it?
    The culture, the people themselves, the architecture, the society, the food, the drinks the weather, the cities, the history the community spirit, the welcoming nature of those in the "Tourist Areas" and the main Urban Areas/Villages.

Just a generally fantastic place.

ReputationRep:
    Would hate both tbh but if I had to choose one, it would be Las Vegas.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.