Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

criticise my physique. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)

No, if you're trying to increase muscle mass you need a higher amount of protein than average.
    if OP took protein way over his required macros his body would just end up using it up as energy instead of repairing the muscles, I still think that's a little bit too much especially since he's starting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)
    Yes but I used the grams when trying to explain how calories are used for macronutrients.

I've never used lb, only kg. It's fairly similar though from some quick calculations, just a little less. But you don't "fill in" with carbs! Your activity level is much more important when calculating carbs intake.

No, if you're trying to increase muscle mass you need a higher amount of protein than average.
    I factor my activity level into my final calorie goals, by multiplying by 1.25-1.5 and then still fill in with carbs, after keeping a constant protein and fat ratio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyR2895)
    I would still argue that's quite a lot for someone of Op's size. 2x71 is 142. That might not seem like much in the bodybuilding world, but in reality, that is much more than is necessary for muscle growth in someone of his size
    Which is why I posted 1.5 to 2 grams per kg. It's up to the OP to see how much he needs. If he think he needs more then he can increase up to 2 grams and possibly more if required.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Given no one's yet given you an actual 5x5, here's a decent one.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...novice-workout

Your chest is ahead of the rest of your body. Your shoulders, presumably back judging by your traps, arms etc. aren't lagging, you're just putting in a disproportionate amount of time on chest.

ReputationRep:
    Work on your arms:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    BUT guys, why so mean?

Bulky guys are just 0.o (no offence)
    Hes gtta nice body.
    You need to get packs though. Not bulky ones please :lol:

That is my menu

I have a light 2 pack sweaaar down :yep:
    :sexface::sexface::sexface:
    Suarez 2.0 :lol:

Swear down....2 packs? Imma caress it soon:sexface:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so I have been lifting for a few months now and I just want you guys that are way more advanced than I am to constructively criticise my body in order to tell me which parts are lagging and need more work and how I can do that. Thank you in advance.

I posted this in the relationships area in order to stay anonymous.

http://tinypic.com/r/4rzv5y/8
    You look like you have been training too much chest. You need to bulk more overall, don't be too concerned with particular areas until you've been properly training for a year. That being said, the side delts & traps are both lagging; easily solved with 1 armed dumbbell upright rows, shrugs and lateral side raises (preferably cable). I can't see the back, so I cant comment but make sure your balancing chest/front delt work with back/rear delt work. Also can't see legs but make sure you train them regularly, particularly quads & calves (do calves 2x week if possible). Train abs 2-3 per week, keep doing your major compound lifts and keep eating and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Mate you can tell, your veins are popping out of your arms.
    :unimpressed:

Pretty much every guy will have visible veins in their arms with a low enough body fat %, probably about 12%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    :unimpressed:

Pretty much every guy will have visible veins in their arms with a low enough body fat %, probably about 12%.
    I am skinny myself.... but popping out to that extent..... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    I am skinny myself.... but popping out to that extent..... :P
    You might be 'skinny fat' as they call it and that maybe why, but working out does improve vascularity also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    You might be 'skinny fat' as they call it and that maybe why, but working out does improve vascularity also.
    Yeah but at the same time old people have it due to low body fat..... it's literally when the layer of fat is really thin, not much really much to do with muscle mass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Nombre)
    Given no one's yet given you an actual 5x5, here's a decent one.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...novice-workout

Your chest is ahead of the rest of your body. Your shoulders, presumably back judging by your traps, arms etc. aren't lagging, you're just putting in a disproportionate amount of time on chest.
    Stronglifts is better. As it is quicker

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Stronglifts is better. As it is quicker

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In spite of what your gf may have tried to reassure you, quicker is not always better.

ReputationRep:
    your biceps are too small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    The comments: You're skinny. You're this and that. It's mean. Your body isn't bad. They're just jealous so they're putting you down. Good luck :P
    wut, he makes a thread asking us to critique his body, we do just that and suddenly we're jelly of him?

female logic of peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    wut, he makes a thread asking us to critique his body, we do just that and suddenly we're jelly of him?

female logic of peace
    I understand. But some people are being quite blunt and mean.
    Like you're skinny. Eat something etc etc.. Hes not that skinny. What i call skinny is:

I didn't mean ALL the guys were jelly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Shuddup, it blatantly made ya laugh :P
    And na m8, no afghan is butterz

Its weird. No rain. Its sunny but there is thunder noises :s
    chobosh diwana :P

nd yeah it made me chuckle lol, truss me fam there r some buttrz afghans lool, our noses aren't perfect u kno. marlies have messed up 4heads and afghans go thru the same struggle but with noses. i've yet to meet an afghan with a 7/10 nose or higher.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a pretty average dude to me. Wouldn't really know you've been working out if you hadn't mentioned it, but there's nothing wrong with that.

(Original post by IanDangerously)
    Looks like a pretty average dude to me. Wouldn't really know you've been working out if you hadn't mentioned it, but there's nothing wrong with that.
    I guess I was just worst off before I started working out.

ReputationRep:
    You look fine to me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.