Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    I'll go with the hard work . Or purely just the stubble if I'm honest. Certainly not the partying, haven't done enough of that for it to be that, sport has always come first!
    If you say so
    What sport is your favourite? Planning to join RAF teams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_wolf)
    If you say so
    What sport is your favourite? Planning to join RAF teams?
    Haha I do . Yeah rugby league for me, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    Haha I do . Yeah rugby league for me, what about you?
    Cool! You must be quite big, how's BMI?
    Shooting all the way for me! Looking definitely for air rifle and smallbore, maybe fullbore, not sure yet, want to try shotgun too Pistols aren't bad either... Choices, choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    Slightly confused at the moment, everyone seems to be going to Wendover but my train is going to Milton Keynes then from Milton Keynes to Tring? How do I get from tring to the camp?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My tickets are to Tring as well, 1:15 from Piccadilly to Milton Keynes then 3:13 onto Tring, you travelling the same way?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for tomorrow guys & girls! Looking forward to hearing how you all get on

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone ready for tomorrow....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan9900)
    Good luck for tomorrow guys & girls! Looking forward to hearing how you all get on
    Cheers Ryan, looking forward to it, but looking forward to getting it out of the way and focusing on basic.

(Original post by swalley)
    Partially, nearly all packed now. Just a few bits to add once I've finished work, you?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Will tell you whatever you want to know

As ready as I'll ever be, still worried about my maths knowledge and the form of my sit ups, oh well...
    Other than that still at work tomorrow, so busy day tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Worried about my push ups more than anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnRJones)
    Worried about my push ups more than anything
    The form or that you won't be able to do 20?

ReputationRep:
    I'm ready to go and it's the bleep test that worries me though I know u can do it... Just gonna be hard i reckon. I have a good cardio rate though so shoukd be fine!

I'm sure everyone will do great!

See you all tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Just my form really, but I suppose it's all about the nerves and staying focused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnRJones)
    Just my form really, but I suppose it's all about the nerves and staying focused
    Indeed. I bounce on my sit ups, so with incorrect form I can do them in half the time, but have to force myself to go slower, and uncurl fully on the floor... Mind control!

ReputationRep:
    I'm ready to go and it's the bleep test that worries me though I know u can do it... Just gonna be hard i reckon. I have a good cardio rate though so shoukd be fine!

I'm sure everyone will do great!

See you all tomorrow!
    See you in 21hr at Euston

ReputationRep:
    How did it go for everyone?
    I'm glad I've passed and now getting ready for BRTC, time to break in those boots

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I've just been given my interview date. I was reading through your posts. Do u guys have to pay for ur travel or do u just get a train tickets posted to u.
    Nicki
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicki16)
    Hi guys

I've just been given my interview date. I was reading through your posts. Do u guys have to pay for ur travel or do u just get a train tickets posted to u.
    Nicki
    x
    You tell them that you need tickets and from which station, they'll email you the code, all you need to do is collect them from the machine at the station.
    But that is usually for going to Halton, how far is your AFCO?
    If it is, they may buy those ticket too. Just ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_wolf)
    You tell them that you need tickets and from which station, they'll email you the code, all you need to do is collect them from the machine at the station.
    But that is usually for going to Halton, how far is your AFCO?
    If it is, they may buy those ticket too. Just ask.
    Hi She Wolf
    Thank you, I know I'm proberly jumping ahead but when I read these threads it gets me super excited.
    I was just wandering because of living to Scotland I was going to drive down.

But getting to the AFCO is not too bad.

But thanks for that.
    Nicki
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicki16)
    Hi She Wolf
    Thank you, I know I'm proberly jumping ahead but when I read these threads it gets me super excited.
    I was just wandering because of living to Scotland I was going to drive down.

But getting to the AFCO is not too bad.

But thanks for that.
    Nicki
    x
    Even if you drive down, you can claim expenses and have it paid for.

Must be a bit of trek from Scotland! I thought my 4 and a half hour train journey was long but then someone like you comes along and puts everything into perspective haha. But yeah, you'll have it paid for however you decide to travel.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you drive down, you can claim expenses and have it paid for.

Must be a bit of trek from Scotland! I thought my 4 and a half hour train journey was long but then someone like you comes along and puts everything into perspective haha. But yeah, you'll have it paid for however you decide to travel.
    Hi Ryan

That cool, yeah its a bit of a trek but I have family and friends near London so I can break the journey down.

That's good of the RAF to pay for all ur travel expenses.
    Nicki x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.