Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do pro-palestinian supporters always end up being violent? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Shame you didn't think it appropriate to denounce Hamas too.

See above.
    Im a Muslim, Pro-Palestinan. Just because I support Palestine, it does not mean I support Hamas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisCussans)
    "Something about here from the sea, Palestine shall be free" (paraphrasing)
    Ah, so you don't know what this is a euphemism for, do you?

You just went on a protest you don't know much about, and chanted for the destruction of Israel.

Which is what that chant means.

Well done you on the "peaceful" protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    Im a Muslim, Pro-Palestinan. Just because I support Palestine, it does not mean I support Hamas.
    Well, it's a shame Muslims like you don't have the capacity to be anti-Israel and denounce Hamas too.

So you go on these demonstrations.

Hamas THRIVES on the media campaign. They cannot win a war with Israel, so their war is for anti-Israel P.R. Dead palestinain civilians is the currency they use.

When they're in their bunker watching people like you march, it's exactly what they are after. The propaganda war.

People like you keep this conflict going.

If Hamas saw they had NO public support, this would have ended before it even got started.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Here are French pro-palestinain supporters smashing up the place.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ca_1405852025

Even in Canada I saw a protest there on one side of the street you had pro-Israelis waving flags and dancing to music in support of Israel - whilst on the other side of the street a hate mob shouting "death to" this and that and eventually getting arrested.

Is it perhaps a window into the realities of the conflict? where the 'palestinians' are in fact the aggressors?

They smashed up shops in London a couple of years ago during a protest. How can their followers always be so violent?
    Protests with people with very strong opinions and people who are violent in attendance can easily turn violent. It's not reflective of the specific cause I don't think. There are lots of protests that get violent and often it's only a small proportion of the crowd that ruin an otherwise peaceful protest for the entire group. You can see from the number of student protests that have ended up in violence that gathering a large group of young people with a common cause and whipping them into a frenzy and putting in a small number of people representing "the establishment" or "authority" in this case the police will often lead to violence. I don't think this is representative of the entire movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James222)
    Following a team makes you a fan, thats all. We dont live in a world where only some people have the powr to give others labels
    Nah, its cultural appropriation mate. You honestly expect me to look at person a) from birmingham and supports bcfc day in day out, goes to the games every week and person b) from birmingham, supports man united, been to manchester twice - in the same stead?

ReputationRep:
    Shame you didn't think it appropriate to denounce Hamas too.
    I don't agree with Hamas either
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh great, it's this view again. :rolleyes:

"Have you met all....blah blah blah"

"Do you know all blah blah blah"

I'm looking for an adult conversation, not a teenage one.
    If you were looking for an adult conversation you would be making less fallacious arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so you don't know what this is a euphemism for, do you?

You just went on a protest you don't know much about, and chanted for the destruction of Israel.

Which is what that chant means.

Well done you on the "peaceful" protest.
    How does it mean the destruction of Israel? I was paraphrasing I can't remember the entire chant.
    How is advocating for independence advocating Israeli destruction?
    Please elaborate. I went to the protest to show off my banner which read "Human rights for all" and to show my support for those effected by the conflict regardless of their political alignment. I've read material by the organisers, they are lefties who want solidarity, hence 'PSC', they want to end the apartheid, the conflict and the illegal settlements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Nah, its cultural appropriation mate. You honestly expect me to look at person a) from birmingham and supports bcfc day in day out, goes to the games every week and person b) from birmingham, supports man united, been to manchester twice - in the same stead?
    I measure support on the strength of a persons affinity for a club not financial or geographic ability to attend matches.

Is a person who goes to 3 barca games a year and only watches cup and champions league finals a bigger fan or a person in morocco who has never been to a game but watches every single game live even in the middle of the night

ReputationRep:
    I measure support on the strength of a persons affinity for a club not financial or geographic ability to attend matches.

Is a person who goes to 3 barca games a year and only watches cup and champions league finals a bigger fan or a person in morocco who has never been to a game but watches every single game live even in the middle of the night
    Neither. Its the guy from Barcelona, supports them every week and who would support them even if they were in La Segunda and hadn't won a trophy in their history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Neither. Its the guy from Barcelona, supports them every week and who would support them even if they were in La Segunda and hadn't won a trophy in their history.
    Doubt it
    Barca attracts more glory supporters apart from real than any team in spain.

Barca is not the only team in catalonia if it got relegated people would support local teams more

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it
    Barca attracts more glory supporters apart from real than any team in spain.

Barca is not the only team in catalonia if it got relegated people would support local teams more
    Actually Real do but there are people who would have supported them whatever. Why do you think teams like Plymouth Argyle, Brentford and Rotherham United still get thousands of people supporting them every week?

A: because not everyone is a bandwagon jumper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisCussans)
    How does it mean the destruction of Israel? I was paraphrasing I can't remember the entire chant.
    How is advocating for independence advocating Israeli destruction?
    Please elaborate. I went to the protest to show off my banner which read "Human rights for all" and to show my support for those effected by the conflict regardless of their political alignment. I've read material by the organisers, they are lefties who want solidarity, hence 'PSC', they want to end the apartheid, the conflict and the illegal settlements.
    "From the river to the sea, palestine will be free"

It means that from the Jordanian river, to the Mediterranean sea, 'palestine will be free'.

In case your geography is not up to scratch, that means the erasing of Israel, as it stands between the river and the sea.

It stems from Abdel Nasser's (Egyptian president) promise in the 1960's to "drive the Jews into the sea".

So the chant is a euphemism for the destruction of Israel and its people.

And there's no apartheid in Israel. People like you should be made to travel there to see how ridiculous that assertion is.

ReputationRep:
    "From the river to the sea, palestine will be free"

It means that from the Jordanian river, to the Mediterranean sea, 'palestine will be free'.

In case your geography is not up to scratch, that means the erasing of Israel, as it stands between the river and the sea.

It stems from Abdel Nasser's (Egyptian president) promise in the 1960's to "drive the Jews into the sea".

So the chant is a euphemism for the destruction of Israel and its people.

And there's no apartheid in Israel. People like you should be made to travel there to see how ridiculous that assertion is.
    Its no different to people who advocate freeing soviet empire.
    Borders are not important
    Palestinians refugees should have their homeland free

what about the isreali minister who said 1000 arabs are equal to the finger nail of a iew.
    Arabs talk about wiping out isreal yet jews wipe out bits of palestine everyday

ReputationRep:
    Obviously they are not articulate enough to get whatever tiny argument they have across. Maybe its written for them to be violent when they want something :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Obviously they are not articulate enough to get whatever tiny argument they have across. Maybe its written for them to be violent when they want something :rolleyes:
    A lot of these people are on welfare in France.

Then they burn the Paris suburbs down :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of these people are on welfare in France.

Then they burn the Paris suburbs down :rolleyes:
    Dont bite the hand that feeds you :rolleyes: experts at welfare and multiple children

ReputationRep:
    Hamas THRIVES on the media campaign. They cannot win a war with Israel, so their war is for anti-Israel P.R. Dead palestinain civilians is the currency they use.
    So, are you trying to tell me that Hamas should not inform the world the atrocities Israel are causing.. which in fact involves the killing of Palestinian civilians? You seem very ignorant..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    So, are you trying to tell me that Hamas should not inform the world the atrocities Israel are causing.. which in fact involves the killing of Palestinian civilians? You seem very ignorant..
    Put your own people into the cross-hairs

Wait for them to die

Tell the world they were killed by the ruthless enemy.

Yes, many chimp-brained people fall for that propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    Put your own people into the cross-hairs

Wait for them to die

Tell the world they were killed by the ruthless enemy.

Yes, many chimp-brained people fall for that propaganda.
    So, the kids in the beach.. it was their own fault right? i mean after all they're only Palestinians they don't deserve freedom?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.