Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Films that really scared you when you were small. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    For some reason me and my friends thought it was cool to watch A Clockwork Orange. We were 10. Is that small enough? It was pretty traumatising anyway!
    Oh god!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original) because I was scared of the Oompa Loompas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLay1)
    Oh god!
    And people wonder why I'm such an oddball now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I found Harry Potter scary when I was a kid

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody mentioned 'It.' I was ten when I first saw it and I've been terrified of clowns ever since. I'm now 32. :/

ReputationRep:
    The Moomins - any episode that contained The Groke

scariest thing ever srs
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    I remember when I was in the Caribbean with my family (can't remember how old I was) and my sister, cousins and I were pretty much the same age. For example: my cousin was 7, I was 8, my sister 9 and my other cousin 10. Quite funny.

Anyway, we watched the film Anaconda about giant anacondas in a rainforest or something, starring J-Lo and Ice-Cube. My mother was like "DON'T YOU DARE WATCH IT. IT WILL GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES" etc. But we found a plus one channel and watched it. Long story short: finished it. Went to bed, I woke up sweating, screaming, crying and wet the bed. It was a horrific experience. And because of it, I have a personal vendetta against all snakes. Nasty things.

ReputationRep:
    When I was really young, I walked in when my Dad and by older siblings were watching the Matrix.
    That was one traumatic experience

ReputationRep:
    chucky

ReputationRep:
    you were a traumatic event in your own life. How does that work.

ReputationRep:
    Edward scissorhands

ReputationRep:
    Child's Play!

When I was 4, I accidentally walked in on my older cousins watching it and it scared the hell out of me. I was actually afraid of Chucky for many years later
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    E.T, I've still not watched it all the way through

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars (some of it) I was really scared of Darth Maul, haha

ReputationRep:
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Not a film but Clangers... if anyone remembers them? I was terrified that they'd eat me o_O considering they're from the 60-70s I'm not entirely sure how I managed to see them lol

ReputationRep:
    I was scared of the oompa loompers in the original willie wonky and the chocolate factory because of their a earnie and their song.Also willi wonker looked scary!

ReputationRep:
    The Rugrats Halloween special, I realise I'm a wimp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)
    Has anybody mentioned 'It.' I was ten when I first saw it and I've been terrified of clowns ever since. I'm now 32. :/
    I didn't like that film.

ReputationRep:
    My grandma showed me the original War of The Worlds at a young age, without knowing how bad it was. The music always used to scare me and he never knew why...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.