Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which of the top 16 films in TSR Movie Madness have you seen? Watch

• View Poll Results: which ones have you seen?
    Shawshank Redemption
    58.47%
    Fight Club
    57.63%
    Forrest Gump
    73.73%
    It's a Wonderful Life
    22.03%
    Saving Private Ryan
    54.24%
    Schindler's List
    47.46%
    Lord of the ring : ROTK
    66.95%
    The Matrix
    62.71%
    The Shining
    29.66%
    The Silence of the Lambs
    38.98%
    The Dark Knight
    71.19%
    Inception
    73.73%
    Godfather
    36.44%
    Pulp Fiction
    44.07%
    The Lion King
    88.98%
    Finding Nemo
    93.22%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Well, i didn't find exorcist scary at all. It was just weird/funny to me. Shining is actually terrifying. It will creep you the hell out. first tiem watching it i had to turn it off on this one long scene of a kid just riding a damn tricycle...

tbh some of them like thor/ Green Lantern are terrible but others like Dark Knight are awesome.

thanks the people of TSR for voting these 16 to the top. :yep:

It's a wonderful life is old so i expected it to lose badly. why no saving private ryan though?
    I haven't got around to watching it yet because I'm not that keen on war movies but saying that I did love Downfall and I found Full Metal Jacket to be ok so I may give it a watch sometime

ReputationRep:
    9 now that I've seen The Dark Knight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    I haven't got around to watching it yet because I'm not that keen on war movies but saying that I did love Downfall and I found Full Metal Jacket to be ok so I may give it a watch sometime
    If you enjoyed those films then definitely check it out! you'll enjoy it i'm sure.

(Original post by ukip72)
    9 now that I've seen The Dark Knight.

Nice. If you'd already voted i can manually add you a vote in next to dark knight if you wish. :yep:

Enjoy it? Want to give a rating out of 10 and a quick 2 sentence review?

ReputationRep:
    Nice. If you'd already voted i can manually add you a vote in next to dark knight if you wish. :yep:

Enjoy it? Want to give a rating out of 10 and a quick 2 sentence review?
    Yeah please add a vote for Dark Knight

8.5/10. As I've said, I don't usually enjoy superhero films but this was great. Dark and thrilling, Heath Ledger was absolutely brilliant, I'm was less enthused by Christian Bale as Batman though.

ReputationRep:
    Seen 11. One's I'm missing are: It's a Wonderful Life, The Shining; Silence of the Lambs; Inception; Godfather.

ReputationRep:
    Even i'm at 16/16 here. :eek:

It's a wonderful Life is the one i'm blurriest on since it's always jsut on in the background at xmas time . I've probably never sat down and properly watched it but close enough.
    this basically. watched it when i was very little and never got round to sitting down and rewatching. 16/16 otherwise though.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen 14/16.

My favourite is the Shining. I love a bit of Jack Nicholson. :bunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Seen 11. One's I'm missing are: It's a Wonderful Life, The Shining; Silence of the Lambs; Inception; Godfather.
    That's quite an impressive list of films that you're missing out on there!

ReputationRep:
    So, Forrest Gump is the joint most watched non-animation film on here?

I guess that helps to explain it's baffling success in the polls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    So, Forrest Gump is the joint most watched non-animation film on here?

I guess that helps to explain it's baffling success in the polls

I'm half tempted to quote the 51 people that voted for watching fight club into the damn fight club poll thread to try and help.

Still shocked at the low numbers for silence of the lambs.

ReputationRep:
    Still shocked at the low numbers for silence of the lambs.
    The same number as for The Godfather though. And, let's be honest, the subject matter of Silence of the Lambs is not for everybody.

I wouldn't say shocked, but a little surprised that less than half (just) have seen Pulp Fiction.

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked Nemo is still rocking a solid 95% of people having seen it! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked Nemo is still rocking a solid 95% of people having seen it! :eek:
    Finding Nemo is a bit of a haze for me, I've seen it once, probably 10 years ago. I'll have to re watch it. It kind of annoys me that people have seen Nemo but not Fight Club, Dark Knight, Lambs or Shining.

ReputationRep:
    Finding Nemo is a bit of a haze for me, I've seen it once, probably 10 years ago. I'll have to re watch it. It kind of annoys me that people have seen Nemo but not Fight Club, Dark Knight, Lambs or Shining.

Nemo is just more modern so more likely people will have seen it.

I only saw fight club during this competition. And Shining is a lesser seen film.

Surprised at Dark Knight at only 73%.

Almost 100 votes in this poll.

ReputationRep:
    Up to 12 now. I'm yet to see Schindlers List, Inception, Pulp Fiction or LOTR: ROTK.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Up to 12 now. I'm yet to see Schindlers List, Inception, Pulp Fiction or LOTR: ROTK.
    I'd watch inception first tbh.
    Then schindlers, then pulp then Lotr if you have a spare 10 Hours.
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    Which four?

ReputationRep:
    I'd watch inception first tbh.
    Then schindlers, then pulp then Lotr if you have a spare 10 Hours.

Which four?
    Haha slightly embarrassed: Inception, Fight Club, Finding nemo, lion king. Any recommendations?? Ive been wanting to watch the matrix forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    Haha slightly embarrassed: Inception, Fight Club, Finding nemo, lion king. Any recommendations?? Ive been wanting to watch the matrix forever

surprised about fight club being on your list. I'd have guessed Nemo and lion King.

Tbh all of the top 16 are awesome and need a watch.

I'd start with Shawshank, matrix and the dark Knight(Need to watch Batman begins first though) .

ReputationRep:
    surprised about fight club being on your list. I'd have guessed Nemo and lion King.

Tbh all of the top 16 are awesome and need a watch.

I'd start with Shawshank, matrix and the dark Knight(Need to watch Batman begins first though) .
    No way fight club sounded good, I saw gifs/quotes from it and my mate Brad Pitt is in it so I couldnt say no. It was such an ODD movie though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.