Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What movie had an ending that annoyed you and why? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Annoyingly great is still great!
    Annoyingly great is still annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Atonement- Why marry your rapist? Ugh, Lola!

ReputationRep:
    Skyline,
    Because, What, why?, no seriously, what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    Annoyingly great is still annoying!
    What don't you like about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
    Skyline,
    Because, What, why?, no seriously, what?
    Yeah, but it also had an annoying beginning and an annoying middle. Plus the crap ending.
    Arguably one of the worst films ever made.

ReputationRep:
    Inception - damn you Christopher Nolan...

ReputationRep:
    Chef because it ended in what felt like the middle of the movie. He had just gotten successful with his food truck, turning into a food chain and... that's it. The pacing did not set the viewers up for it.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    jks, nothing beats Avatar.

ReputationRep:
    Eragon. Despite that movie being the worst book-to-movie adaptation ever, the ending was one of the worst parts about it because they decided to change the final battle completely and make it so that Eragon defeats Dursa in an epic 1v1 fight and then Eragon is the hero in such a cliche way rather than how in the book he is completely out matched but gets lucky so he then totally resents the fact that everyone calls him shadeslayer from then on. Grr, it was soo bad. The end of the 4th book didn't really deliver either but thats not the point of this thread...

Couscous, a French film (subtitled) that we watched in our A Level French lesson once.

It was possibly the most pointless thing I've ever seen. It's basically the story of this family struggling to make ends meet as the dad decides to open a couscous restaurant on a boat. I don't really remember the ending, except that it was along the lines of...

Spoiler:
      Show
      It's the opening night and he realises he's forgotten the couscous. He goes home to get it, leaving his moped outside, then comes back to find some teenagers have nicked it. They slowly ride it just out of his reach for a few scenes, until he collapses (and dies?) of a heart attack. :lolwut:

That was two hours of my life I'll never get back. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Champagning)
      Spirited Away. Beautiful film overall, but I was annoyed that she didn't really remember what happened after she left.
      Really? I thought that made the film even more beautiful!

The whole film seemed to have an subplot about memories and feelings. From the start, we meet Haku, who 'remembers' Chihiro's name, but not why he knows it. Then, we have Chihiro almost forgetting her name, and Haku explaining the value memories have, and that him not being able to remember his name was what bound him to be a slave to Yubaba.

However, as is the cliche, love conquers all. In spite of still not remembering his true identity, Haku breaks free from Yubaba's slavery thanks to Chihiro's love. Meanwhile, Zeniba et al make a hairband and give it to Chihiro, along with the words "Once you do something, you never forget. Even if you can't remember."

There is the really beautiful falling scene when Haku remembers his real name, but, in actuality, nothing changes through his remembering. He regained his powers before remembering! In spite of the memories being 'lost', their effects remained, and that is critical to the ending. Although Chihiro lost her memories of the ordeal, their effects remain. She would still be changed to a degree, even though she can't remember.

Also, depending on which version you watched, there are a few seconds in the final scenes that brings it all together. The original ending is different from Disney's adapted version. In the original Japanese version, before heading to the car, Chihiro turns to look back into the tunnel. The camera slowly zooms in on her face. For a split second, the light creates a glint on her hairband. It is the same hairband Zeniba et al gave her.

"Once you do something, you never forget. Even if you can't remember."

ReputationRep:
      I absolutely hated Dorian Gray. I expected the ending to be better but then it finished.
      Felt like I wasted how many hours. Utterly disappointing.

ReputationRep:
      The great gatsby, the ending made me so freaking angry, like sure that's what happens in the book but it's so harsh! I was literally depressed for days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      American History X. It is a brilliant film, but the ending is a bit of a let down. I expected more of a vicious circle of racism due to the actions of few. It would have made more sense and given the film a better theme of redemption and relapse.

ReputationRep:
      Johnny English Reborn

Spoiler:
      Show
      It annoyed me when he was denied his knighthood because he mixed the Queen up with the assassin.
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thechemistress)
      I came here to say that. Looks like my job is done xD
      I mean, how on earth does it make sense for it to be the policeman? It just doesn't work.
      Yeah it is annoying when you put your faith in a character (Ruffalo plays a great FBI agent) only to be stabbed in the back later on. I wanted him to win, then it turns out there weren't even two sides. Wtf?!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by K_o_46)
      I'll start.

The Hunger Games.
      I think it's stupid how a dystopian society will allow the final two people to not fight to the death just because they were in love with each other and threatened to kill themselves
      Take a split second to think of the target audience. That's all the reason you need.
      OT: A few that spring to mind are The Knowing (Or Unknown, whichever was the Nick Cage film and not the Liam Neeson one) Skyline, loads of horror films etc. Sudden and abrupt endings or ones that have no basis in the film itself just annoy me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by just a dad)
      You do know why I put those in spoilers, don't you?

Anyway, you appear to not like the intelligent ending!
      It's a thread about endings, anyone who is upset by seeing spoilers in here has no right to be so.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tom_green_day)
      It's a thread about endings, anyone who is upset by seeing spoilers in here has no right to be so.
      It's fair to say that not every poster has seen every ending to every film.

Is it really so hard to let people have a choice?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by K_o_46)
      I'll start.

The Hunger Games.
      I think it's stupid how a dystopian society will allow the final two people to not fight to the death just because they were in love with each other and threatened to kill themselves
      Magnolia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.